It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sudden Flood of Asylum Requests at U.S./Mexico Border

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 07:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wiz4769

All about the same time they want to grant illegals amnesty...how convenient.

I dont understand why this is even debatable. Seek entry to the US legally and become a citizen, or break a federal law and live the life of an outlaw. Im tired of my country being taken advantage of by lowlife criminals because we are so politically correct. Time to shut down every single benefit these people get, aid and help should be only granted to legal citizens and all others should not get access to a damn thing.

www.breitbart.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

Have you gone through the immigration process before?? many of the people coming here illegally would never be able to immigrate here legally. If they could afford it money wise and time wise they are better off staying where they are as they would take a huge pay cut coming here.

People who keep saying all the blah blah come legally have no idea what they are talking about. I have been going through it with my wife and if i calculate all the time put into it and the money to have it done right..... I have no clue how any of those people coming here illegally would be able to do it.

the only ones able to do it would either be really well off, or some other kind of help.

I challenge ANY of you to read up on the process to immigrate any where in europe and tell me how easy it is. If you can you are well off adn have a skill they desire but even when you have that you need to have employment lined up. if there is no demand sorry partner.

if you have no skill nor money you are not getting in.

The only problem I have with illegal immigration is the myth that they come here just for welfare... taht is the most idiotic thing i have ever heard... most illegals are harder working than most americans and they do it for less pay! plus it is not taxed and the employer saves a bundle if they pay them under the table....

my problem.. is the saturation of too many workers in the market that then drives down wages because they lowball illegals and even if they become legal they saturate the work force and de value it.

also if your job is threatened by illegals who know no english OR spanish then you are not applying yourself in the land of the free home of the brave.

edit on 12-8-2013 by votan because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 09:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by ValentineWiggin
reply to post by Sellusnar

Expounding upon that, and my point has been covered to death here and might be considered off-topic, but if you are American and can pass this 100% you are in a minority. (You meaning anyone not nationality specific)

www.test-guide.com...
edit on 11-8-2013 by ValentineWiggin because: (no reason given)

Ok, here's my result

Congratulations, your score is: 100

Can I stay here and live in peace now? maybe not be raided and deported for looking like I might be Mexican? Maybe work and support myself after I finish my degree? is that ok with you guys? Or do I have to get shot in my own home because you're all scared of "Mexicans" and drugs? Droned possibly?

You folks scare the crap outta me sometimes.

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 11:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Nephalim

North American Union - ala United Nations - spewed by none less than Diane Frankenstien herself just lately.

Bring America's standard of living down, because you can't bring the standard of living up in the third world - not if you want everyone to be slaves to the elite.

Has anyone noticed the "police brutality" in america lately?

Just another of the "equalizing" of the third world and america - brutality, and no independence - reliance on gov't to give you what the gov't thinks you should get.

Communism - ain't it wonderful?

Brought to you by the liberal/progressive/democrats and republicans of this once great nation.

PEOPLE - GET USED TO IT. OR, DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 12:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Happy1

Ok what do you want done about it?
All that just because you want the border closed? Fine, call your rep, tellem no amnesty, no refugees, fence the border, continue deportations and add more bp agents with immediate backup from national guard units. While youre at it, tell them shut the visa program down and focus on american education rather than foreign imports. Need more? Tell your reps to quit supporting foreign aid if you cant afford to live as it is. Go right on ahead and start documenting these folks digitally and mass deporting any immigrants that have not only broken the border law, but any violent crime we have.

Otherwise, I really dont wanna hear much more about how "Mexicans" are the bane to your way of life, considering those 11 million that have been here for at least a decade or more and NO ONE CARED and the 30 sum odd million were BORN here, they didnt cross, theyve been here. They're YOU. They serve in the military, their parents and families did too, theyre teachers, fireman, policeman so on and so fourth. They pay into the system, theyre not leaching and in some cases they actually make less than you.

What else can i do for you and everyone else here who are so worried? Does that help you with your concerns? Is that what you need to hear?
edit on 13-8-2013 by Nephalim because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 12:12 AM
link   

How about just shutting down the CIA and the money laundering? Arms shipping? Cartel schmoozing assholes that have been pocketing money for years?

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 12:15 AM
link   

How about legalizing ALL drugs? It takes 2 to play a game. And I bet all the prisons and innocent victims of bribery and human traffiking and sex enslavement would benefit.

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 12:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Happy1

How about just shutting down the CIA and the money laundering? Arms shipping? Cartel schmoozing assholes that have been pocketing money for years?

I dont know anything about either. I don't. I'm sorry. I dont know anyone in a cartel, i dont know anyone shipping arms. There's just nothing there for me to know. What I do know is that if the CIA is doing their job they should be stopping people from gathering information about you and our country and using it against you (us) and doing their best in helping to keep Americans alive. Thats at best guess. No matter how naive you think I am for saying it. Thats all I might even come close to knowing about those folks and those other issues.

How about legalizing ALL drugs? It takes 2 to play a game. And I bet all the prisons and innocent victims of bribery and human traffiking and sex enslavement would benefit.

How about not? Honestly not all drugs need legalization, not ALL are harmless; some are literally POISON and ruin lives. I cant support legalizing ALL drugs knowing that they're not ALL safe. They're just not, there is solid reason why MANY of them are illegal. That's just factual and provable truth. Now the issue with certain laws against certain drugs, I do believe our society was duped into harsh penalties by racially motivated powerhungry people because I can look back at historical reference in movies (propaganda) pre law writings and show you. It exists and that surely had something to do with both unfair incarcerations and unfair characterizations, specifically against "latinos" today. Heck it exists in this thread, that's why its so disgusting. The truth on one certain plant is being revealed for medical and recreational use, and that needs further consideration by us all because of that but I have no love for the rest because they really are harmful.

Human trafficking just has to stop. Its underground slavery; its not only illegal but immoral. Just not right. I dont know anything about bribery.

Now, If you don't mind, possibly look over at the Terms and Conditions, I don't recall ATS ok'ing those types of propositions about drugs on their forum and Ive taken a position to not talk about them at all.
edit on 13-8-2013 by Nephalim because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 08:55 AM
link   
reply to post by votan

Sorry but it should not be too simple and easy. Im not saying it should be impossible, but obviously its not, because people do it everyday and not many are rich...

Should we make it easier to be a doctor or a lawyer as well? Should we just start letting people not follow the law and rules for what they deem too hard or unfair? Why should you get a free ride on my dime to make a better life, when I cant get a damn thing for free. Its 100% on me because Im "middle class". Which is considered making too much money to get any assistance what so ever , living paycheck to paycheck so my kid can go to a good school and in a year its off to college. Not getting any help there. If your poor, they help, if your rich you dont need help. but do just enough to get by on your own, and well your on your own.

Im in the IT field and dont have to worry about these guys taking my job, well maybe from India, but that is another issue...Its the wrecking of good neighborhoods and schools that gets me upset.

Everyone understands there are hard working immigrants , lots of them. And they are proud to come and become an American. But when you just come over to take advantage of the system and not even want or try to become an American and give back to the country that gave you a new life, you need not apply.

posted on Aug, 14 2013 @ 07:40 AM
link   
According to a report from Eric Holder's Department of Justice, nearly 1/3 of the immigrants making asylum claims last year who were released on bond or their own recognizance never even bothered to appear in immigration court.

www.breitbart.com...

See they just wanted asylum because they were scared....time to close all these loopholes NOW

posted on Aug, 15 2013 @ 02:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Wiz4769

I get your point but aren`t you being just a little harsh? Not everyone coming over the Mexico are criminals and violent people. Sadly, those are the people the average white guy sees on the nightly news; Mexicans killing and stealing from people.

It is a stereotype which has been hard for Mexicans to shake in America.

posted on Aug, 16 2013 @ 08:13 AM
link   
reply to post by freedomwv

I have said several times I have no issues what so ever with legal immigrants. But the instant you cross the border ILLEGALLY, well you are a criminal and already on the path to do more harm than good. That is my point. A loophole in a law was allowing these folks to come over by saying a phrase to abuse our country, and as you can see in that last report, 1/3 never showed up to court to state their case...which proves the point, they abused the system that isnt even theirs to abuse, and will continue to take advantage for the rest of their lives.

I can promise that all the legal immigrants will not be happy they did what they were suppose to, while so many others take the easy illegal path to a better life. There is no spin you can put on this. One is right, one is wrong.

posted on Aug, 16 2013 @ 10:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Wiz4769

Actually the 1/3 not showing up doesn't prove anything. There are no numbers, and the article clearly states this, about where those bond skippers are from but, if you take into account the number of cases denied I could see why someone would rather skip out on the hearings.

Right or wrong? Well in criminal law there is the idea that "It is better that ten guilty persons escape than that one innocent suffer" so I don't see the "loophole" being closed no matter how hard you rant about it.

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 10:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Wiz4769

Human beings have traveled all across the planet freely almost since the time we first appeared on earth. These days, we have these fake lines on a map called countries which have nothing to do with natural human behavior of moving from once place to another. Nationalism is truly useless and disconnects and divides humans from each other.

posted on Aug, 24 2013 @ 01:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by freedomwv
reply to post by Wiz4769

Human beings have traveled all across the planet freely almost since the time we first appeared on earth. These days, we have these fake lines on a map called countries which have nothing to do with natural human behavior of moving from once place to another. Nationalism is truly useless and disconnects and divides humans from each other.

If we didn't have borders in countries, anyone could come waltzing over...pedophiles, murderers, thieves etc. They have no health or background checks. Not good! We have borders and laws for a damned good reason.

posted on Aug, 24 2013 @ 03:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Night Star
We have borders and laws for a damned good reason.

Yes, to give up liberty in exchange for security.

posted on Aug, 24 2013 @ 11:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by daskakik

We have borders and laws for a damned good reason.

Yes, to give up liberty in exchange for security.

You could always invite them all to your house.

posted on Aug, 24 2013 @ 12:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Night Star

That is and always has been a lame retort. Illegal immigration is not equal to them being in your private place of residence.

It also does nothing to rid your post of all the scary ideas which has you clamoring for government to protect you which, is the idea behind that quote.

edit on 24-8-2013 by daskakik because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2013 @ 02:25 PM
link   
reply to post by daskakik

All countries have borders and laws against crossing them for the saftey of their people, not just America. We have legal ways for people who wish to come and live and work here. We have people from some places in the world who are poorer and just as deserving of a good life but will never have the chance to come here.

We have people coming through the proper channels and it is a slap in the face to them for us to cater to illegals while they have been waiting in line.

posted on Aug, 24 2013 @ 02:43 PM
link   

All countries have borders and laws against crossing them for the saftey of their people, not just America.

Yes, people all over the world are willing to trade freedom for security. Everybody doing it doesn't change what it is.

We have people coming through the proper channels and it is a slap in the face to them for us to cater to illegals while they have been waiting in line.

Maybe to some but, there are those who realize that for some a legal route is not available. Why take offense for something which isn't affecting your place in line?

posted on Aug, 25 2013 @ 10:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by daskakik

All countries have borders and laws against crossing them for the saftey of their people, not just America.

Yes, people all over the world are willing to trade freedom for security. Everybody doing it doesn't change what it is.

Maybe to some but, there are those who realize that for some a legal route is not available. Why take offense for something which isn't affecting your place in line?

First let me just say that I wish that everyone, no matter who they are or where they are from deserve a decent life. People come here for a better life, but we have poor and hungry American citizens right here who do not have the quality of life that they should. There are millions of jobless citizens who desperately need to care for their families and need jobs, while illegals are working in many areas of the workforce. Can you understand that and my position against illegal immigration?

As for open borders, If you allow just anyone to come in, you have to realize that it includes murderers, pedophiles, gangs, thieves etc. How could anyone want that? We have enough criminals we certaintly don't need any more. To invite such people into our country is insane.

Have you ever had a child raped by an illegal? Have you ever lost a wife, husband or loved one because of an illegal? Many, many people have and it was because of an illegal. Sometimes these illegals already had previous arrests and deportations and came right back to do more damage. I just don't get how you can't understand this.

You saked, "Why take offense for something which isn't affecting your place in line?" There are those who are waiting in line to come here, work here and live here. Illegals skipped to the head of the line and are already here working and living. Of course they would take offense to that. Some have wives and children who have been waiting to come here to be with their Husband/father. These people have been very patient.

As for those who cannot afford to come here legally. keep in mind how many poor citizens can't even afford to move out of dangerous neighborhoods in their own country. It is sad and frustrating for sure. There are people from all over the world wishing for a better life. Sadly, we cannot save them all.

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join