It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sudden Flood of Asylum Requests at U.S./Mexico Border

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 01:21 AM
link   
** ATTENTION ALL **

Please remember the actual topic at hand:

Sudden Flood of Asylum Requests at U.S./Mexico Border

We are wondering way off topic.

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 01:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by QuantriQueptidez
reply to post by Sharingan

Just poor logic. Not all Mexican s are criminals. Your "facts" don't prove what you imply. You have no clue how many of those 200 will wind up criminals.

Oh yeah, and you're racist, but you already knew that.

If they are coming into the country illegally they are already criminals. I'm not racist at all, one would only need to review any of my comments over the years.. not one is racist. Hell, I'm only second generation immigrant myself (though from England), however, my Grandparents and their children came over legally and received their papers as proof. My Grandfather was employed by the Queen, who thought it was a hoot that his B-Day was the 4th of July.

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 02:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by plube
NOT a single American has a SINGLE right to Claim a single spec of that land as their own....

Do you own a house? Do you pay rent or mortgage? If so, your point is invalid. If you "own" a house, why would you pay all that money for a house and land that you can't even lay stake on? If you rent, why? Why would you pay someone to stay on their property when you are free to crash anywhere you please?

Also, what's your address? I'll start sending all the people on the streets to stay at "your place", you know, considering it's not really yours and all... You cool with anyone staying on your free, no right to claim property?

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 08:33 AM
link   
Illegal immigrants continue to make their contribution to the U.S. economy. But of course lots of tax dollars, people's time, hotel reservations, shuttle rides, medical services, food cards, attorneys, and court appointments are required to support their efforts.

You've got to wonder, many individuals have been waiting in the U.S. immigration line for years. While others take it upon themselves to step right up, and cut into the front of that line.

Agencies Buying Hotel Rooms for Surge of Illegal Immigrants

edit on 12-8-2013 by seasoul because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 08:48 AM
link   
Apparently the feverish rush was partly caused by the DHS of all people ....

It's an Obama plan to get immigration laws passed so enforcement of current laws are harder.

According to the clear guidelines published on the Internet and updated by the Obama administration in mid-June, there's an easier way to cross to gain entrance to the United States: simply step right up to a border crossing and tell the officials that you have a "crediblee fear" of persecution or torture. Use that exact phrasing and you may be able to enter the USA while you await a hearing before an immigration judge…a process that could take years.

READ the article and see how Janet Planet did it !!!

Obama DHS Publishes Instructions for Asylum Loophole on Internet

here's the 'instruction' sheet right here on the government website !!!!
Questions & Answers: Credible Fear Screening

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 09:49 AM
link   
I wouldn't be surprised if this was all initiated by our administration to put pressure on the immigration reform. How else would you describe the sudden increase, or has it been that way the last 20 years?

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 10:27 AM
link   
I think the US should just do what they do in every country that has oil (even if mexico doesn't): Bring democracy to them. Start a war with mexico, teach them some democracy. It's easy saying that illegal aliens are the cause of your issues when they are outcasts that are not accepted by society and often have underpaid jobs with no instruction, healthcare and so on. Living in poor conditions creates criminals, no being mexican or chinese.

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 10:29 AM
link   

"We are being overwhelmed."

Pete Nunez, former U.S. Attorney and immigration expert says, "This will swamp the system."

"To make our system even more ridiculous than it has been in the past," he adds. "There are no detention facilities for families, so the family would have to be split up. We don't want to split families up, so we end up releasing people out into the community on bond, on bail."

"There has to be a policy change, something implemented, an emergency implementation that will stop this, or otherwise we will have thousands coming in."

www.myfoxphoenix.com...

We have been overwhelmed by the numbers of illegals who have been given amnesty in the past bringing millions more, an amnesty possibly on the way and now thousands more claiming fear of cartels.

Surely there are people from other countries who seek refugee, who seek a better place to live as well. We can't possibly continue the way we are going. When is enough enough? We have our own people living in violent areas, our own poor people, our own people struggling to survive.

We are trillions of dollars in debt, have millions of un-employed families struggling to survive. Everyone looks to America to make everything better and we can't even take care of our own.

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 11:10 AM
link   
The US Military needs to go ahead and go annex Mexico being as the Countrys population is coming into the US.

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 11:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by daskakik

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000
Mexicans, Chinese or Martians. It doesn't matter to me. If they've crossed the border illegally in the past or are here now that way? They are felons by definition and only Obama's 'gracious forgiveness' can or will change the outright criminal status.

Walking up to the border and asking for asylum does not involve crossing the border legally or illegally. If asylum is granted then they cross the border legally so, what is the problem?

Perhaps if you had been watching border matters and how wildly out of control it has become down there? The problem would be entirely self evident and in need of no explanation. Since you asked though?

A sudden influx of illegal immigrants from Mexico requesting asylum is overwhelming immigration agents in San Diego, forcing agencies to rent hotel rooms for some undocumented families and release others to cities around the U.S.

Documents obtained exclusively by Fox News show Immigration and Customs Enforcement has been paying for hotel rooms for dozens of recently arrived families to relieve overcrowding inside the San Ysidro and Otay Mesa, Calif., processing centers. Some ICE employees are working overtime and others have been asked to volunteer to work weekend shifts. “Duties include intake, placements, transports and release of family groups and unaccompanied minors,” according to a memo obtained by Fox News.
Source

I don't much care for Fox these days but they can dig up government documents and basic facts with the best of them. Sounds pretty straight forward to me. There, as you asked, is the problem. The way our system works? Saying the word Asylum starts a process and that isn't just done while they stand on that side of the border and patiently wait.

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 11:38 AM
link   
I'll tell you why those people are fleeing for their lifes. Go to the website called bestgore. There you can find archives/videos of the brutal zeta's gang. That site has videos of them chopping 15 year old girls heads off and other killings. If i was living down there. I would be fleeing to.

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 11:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Well someone made a mistake because people allowed to stay while their case is reviewed are not illegal either.

I asked what is the problem that ATSers have with these people using this legal recourse not what logistical problem this is causing for the agencies involved.
edit on 12-8-2013 by daskakik because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 12:11 PM
link   
With those facts I seen from neo, it seams to me that they are setting up an attack.
If you pull out of the politics, and your own emmotion, you can clearly see they are setting up "Cells".

IMO, that to me is a military tactic. Immagine, one million KNOWN gangmembers, who also have other "Cells' wether its family friends or whatever, then those people have people under them and so forth.

That to me sounds like if they have a "gang" in every part of the US, then start to organize, through secret communitcation. Then what? Is our gov. even tracking these "gangs" activity like they do across the ocean?

If not that is a big mistake.

So say that the drug cartel says "You know what, Im tired of the US, lets go to war.", and we arent paying that much attention to them, they could alert those "Cells to activate" then you have people taking over towns, and cities. Thats just a fact.

Im sure they have the guns, and the drugs to get more guns. If that happens, what do you think would go down? A civil war? Another war over Mexico? Those are things to think about. If they have even one million people, that is a big army. Then add all the "friends, associates, family" then we have a big problem.

Im sure they are smart enough to "Plant" people into everything. Politics, police, trash guys, Mcdonalds...whatever. Those people "activate", and they are allready in your neighborhood with guns. There wont be just one "Border war" There will be thousands.

Thats just my opinion.
edit on 12-8-2013 by Tylerdurden1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 12:35 PM
link   
reply to post by daskakik

I think the problem is, again, self evident. The increase of people seeking asylum wouldn't likely be because the world on the other side of the border JUST got markedly worse or somehow, no one had this option before. I'd say it's a flood of people trying what has always been an area allowing very judgement based outcomes to the immigration cases.

In other words, new over-tolerant attitudes in America have encouraged everyone who can make it, to come on up and give it a spin on the wheel of citizenship and/or perm. residency. Why not? Rumor has it, the Government is soft on Immigrants of all varieties these days. Even returning ones....for the countless next time.

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 12:59 PM
link   

People have been recieving asylum since the end of WWII. I don't think the requirements have changed much. What changes is the group of people that can fill those requirements.

Your explanation doesn't come close to explaining what, according to you, is self evident.

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 01:22 PM
link   

Exactly my point. The process hasn't changed. What is happening is only different, as the OP and thread note, because there is more of it. Encouragement to USE the process is what has changed. It wasn't a near advertised "service" before.

The only other option? The world is worse now? How would that be? Each decade has had it's major reasons for refugees and migrants. Our times now are no better or worse. Mexico has something of a civil war down there right now. Indeed. Approaching 100,000 dead civilians since the start, the last I saw a number and it's been awhile since I looked one up. That's many years of it and before that? Grinding poverty with even worse wars in El Salvador and Nicaragua. Always something to drive the needs...

Numbers only increased, IMO at least, because the "Welcome! Come one, come all!!" sign got rebuilt in neon and powered high enough to damn near read from the I.S.S.. So, people are taking the Government up on the new found attitude of generosity it seems to have with our nation's citizenship and resident status. It's coming to mean less and less as it's encouraged to be handed out more and more.

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 01:59 PM
link   

I'm pretty sure that word spreads fast among those who fill the requirments. It isn't some new bright and shiny welcome sign.

During 1980-81 there were over 366,000 refugees admitted into the US. The numbers have not been that high since then. The 28,600 cited in the article doesn't seem that high when you see that number and the hundreds of thousands admitted every year from 1989 to 1994.

Immigration statistics 2011

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 02:07 PM
link   
They are showing these folks on the local news.

America is putting these folks in Hotels and Motels.

They look too old to make the trek on foot. I really feel sorry for these people.

At their age to uproot their life and leave the only home they have ever known.

I have a friend who's mother lives in Mexico. She needed a truck.

When I saw the truck they decided to send her was in horrible condition.

I ask him why he would send his mom such a crappy truck. Here was his reply.

"If I sent Mom a nice truck, they would either kill her for it or kidnap her for ransom".

He went on "Her two neighbor's have been killed. One was held for months. If they even

know you have a relative in the US you are at risk". This guy was not asking for a hand out.

He was working 12 hours a day. He was not here because he wanted to be an American.

He was here because he wanted to eat...

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 02:09 PM
link   

Well, as is usually the case. I don't make the numbers and I don't even find the comparisons to make. Someone else does all that. In backtracking the story a bit here to get outside BB (Who is about as objective a reporting source as MSNBC) I got to the original Associated Press Story to go from.

WASHINGTON (AP) — Requests for asylum in the United States have nearly quadrupled in the last five years, mostly due to claims by immigrants coming from El Salvador, Honduras and Guatemala, according to internal figures from U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services obtained by The Associated Press.

According draft testimony for USCIS Associate Director Joseph Langlois that was to be submitted for a congressional hearing on asylum requests last month, USCIS received more than 19,119 asylum requests through the end of May. The agency anticipates receiving more than 28,600 by the end of the fiscal year.

According to the testimony, during the 2009 budget year the agency received just 5,369 such requests.
Source

You'd be welcome to debate the accuracy with the agency most directly charged with handling the issue, as they seem to have stated it. They're the folks who came up with or at least presented the figures as AP reports the documents show.

Now any number of people can read that in any number of ways. I believe folks outside the US perceive a more favorable environment that hasn't existed since the late 80's and may not last for long this time. Mileage always varies on opinion though. Of course.

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 02:17 PM
link   

Seems to me that if you look just at that agency then the numbers are high but that is not indicative of the numbers nationwide.

Nothing like cherry picking (not you) to provide spin.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join