It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sudden Flood of Asylum Requests at U.S./Mexico Border

page: 10
<< 7  8  9   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 25 2013 @ 01:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Night Star

Yes I have read your arguments many times before. It doesn't change the fact that you are asking government for safety and that that comes at a price.

The place of those in line has nothing to do with the illegals. You like to imagine that they cut in line but that isn't true. The line for those seeking legal entry does not become longer because of illegals. Those in line can very well feel offended but in the end it is just so that they can feed their own sense of moral superiority. Someone looking at things objectively should see that that kind of indignation is pointless and ill founded.

edit on 25-8-2013 by daskakik because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2013 @ 06:14 PM
link   
reply to post by daskakik

Ok say for instance you and your family are coming here from Mexico. I am using Mexico as an example. Now say your neighbor in Mexico decides to come illegally. He and his family get here, he and the wife find jobs, rent an apartment and are on their way hopefully to a better life. You and your family are still in Mexico, you have paid whatever it cost and are still waiting. In essence your neighbor has jumped the line because he is already livng his dream. He is ahead of you, hence the anger and frustration of those coming here legally.

I don't know how else to explain it. I don't know why you don't understand that with open borders I don't want just anyone for my neighbor. I don't want any child in my neighborhood or anywhere else being raped by an illegal. I don't want the murderer or the thief, or gang member either. Many people who come here illegally have previous records of crime. There are some truly wonderful, kind and gentle folk coming too, but with open borders you are allowing the bad in with the good.

If you still don't see where I'm coming from, you never will. Obviously we see things differently and maybe should just agree to disagree.

posted on Aug, 25 2013 @ 07:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Night Star
reply to post by daskakik

I don't know why you don't understand that with open borders I don't want just anyone for my neighbor.

I understand it but that doesn't change the fact that you are asking government for protection. It is what it is.

If you still don't see where I'm coming from, you never will. Obviously we see things differently and maybe should just agree to disagree.

I figured that one out a long time ago.

Having lived in the US as a legal immigrant and never having felt like the illegals were slapping me in the face I can't help but rebuke your blanket statement of what legal immigrants feel.

Of course, feeling one way or the other changes nothing about the truth of the situation. Your just making appeals to emotion.

posted on Sep, 1 2013 @ 03:37 AM
link   
reply to post by neo96

anyone who blindly believes that laws are the end all and be all of what is right or wrong, Really does not realize how the implementation of laws occur....WHO"S laws are right to govern people...Who's laws are actually written by the people for the people....All you have to do is look back at prohibition laws to see how laws fail...laws are made for general use to control the people...and if you just blindly follow laws because.."it is law" is really a foolish person....Law that are made are not always correct and many times do NOT apply.

Laws keeping people out of any given country is not a law...it is a restriction of movement for the people of Earth.....Border Laws are not laws they are inforced to keep the poor(which are obviously lesser beings) from being able to move about freely.

Border laws are only for the rich...they are not for the rights of people...they are only there for control of movement...Now ask yourself how the heck restricting movement can ever be considered breaking the law.

people who hide behind laws are ignorant and really haven't a concept of what laws are....If you only blindly believe all laws are correct and just by saying it is law you therefore are breaking something is not understanding that laws get broken and then changed because of the realization that the said law could be a poorly enacted law...or that the said law no longer has relevance to the apparent law that it was meant to enforce.

When people just say "ITS THE LAW" are truly sheep and haven't any fore thought in what they are saying because it becomes like anyone who spews religious mumbo jumbo....Blindly just believing in the system presented to them.

The saying "LAWS ARE MEANT TO BE BROKEN" is more valid than any law made as times change...as we become more intelligent...then the laws themselves become a redundant system that is not necessary in the realm of an educated society in which all circumstances get focused on rather some meaningless scrap of paper that is written by a bunch of narrow minded lawmakers who are only out to protect self interests..

all the power to the free movement of people no matter their backgrounds or their financial status...as people are becoming more and more desperate during these tough times...there will be no laws that will be able to stop the tides of people who will need to move from place to place to avoid the actions of nations choosing to kill people through war starvation and ignorance of the RIGHT of people to move FREELY about this wondrous planet of ours....the sooner people topple the governments of this spiteful hateful world who promote racism, hatred and anger towards others because of color or status will fall under the heavy footsteps of the masses.

Laws are made by the self-righteous only....the people whom think their moral compass is above those around them...They will fall...and they will fail.....Ask yourself my friend when your country inflicts marshall law upon your nation are you going to be happy....how sad it is to see people so brainwashed by the guise of what LAWS they think are written to protect...when laws are written only to control people of any given time in history.....think of the slavery laws...I guess you might feel they were correct.....how foolish one can be to say..IT THE LAW.

posted on Sep, 1 2013 @ 06:35 PM
link   
reply to post by plube

people who hide behind laws are ignorant and really haven't a concept of what laws are....If you only blindly believe all laws are correct and just by saying it is law you therefore are breaking something is not understanding that laws get broken and then changed because of the realization that the said law could be a poorly enacted law...or that the said law no longer has relevance to the apparent law that it was meant to enforce.

Is it ignorant to protect a child from an illegal pedophile? Is it ignorant to protect the women who have been raped by an illegal or the life of a citizen from a drunken illegal driver with previous arrests? Do you have any idea how many lives have been lost because of illegals and our laws not being enforced? Men women and children who would still be living their lives today had the illegal not have been here. One man lost his wife and little girl in the same moment, when an illegal ran them over. They were coming from the childs dance class. One teenager lost both her legs because of an illegal drunken driver. Two young men in a neighboring state on seperate occasions lost their lives. The illegal was drunk and didn't even stop, just dragged their bodies beneath the car. THESE are just some examples of why we have immigration laws.

For anyone not to comprehend the consequences of open borders astounds me. Talk to all the family members left behind in deep sorrow how they feel about open borders. We'll see how 'ignorant' they are.

posted on Sep, 1 2013 @ 07:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Night Star

what are you afraid...you for some reason think that someone across a border is any less righteous than you might be....boggles the brain....now you say the word open borders...well sorry...I am saying no borders...period...none...zilch ...nada....

it is about education...use the term ignorant properly...and in the context of it's true definition...LACK OF KNOWLEDGE.....if one lacks knowledge...then they don't not have the understanding of any stated law....which therefore implies the law is meaningless to the said individual....the drunk driver story is personal ...it is not in reference to the movement of people now is it?

Are you saying that all Mexicans are drunk drivers.....I am confused how this reference to crossing borders contributes to understanding that driving while impaired is wrong...if a person was armed with the knowledge of the consequences of drunk driving then it might stop them from doing so...the drunk driving law was in place...but did this said law stop them from drinking driving....Noooo....all it did was punish someone after the fact....the law did not stop them from being injured now did it?

The Law did nothing at all to stop the incident....the law only allows for the punishment, .,,, nothing more nothing less.
edit on 073030p://f50Sunday by plube because: (no reason given)

edit on 073030p://f51Sunday by plube because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2013 @ 07:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Wiz4769

Sudden Flood of Asylum Requests at U.S./Mexico Border

I never thought I would question such a statement. When I read the thread title I wasn't exactly sure which direction the asylum seekers were going.

top topics

<< 7  8  9   >>

join