It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

India Needs A Huge Injection Of Feminism - And It Will Happen.

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 06:24 AM
link   
Its true that Feminism needs to target India. And also Saudi Arabia, where women are not even allowed to drive. Odd then, that Feminisms main target over the last 50 years has been the U.S.

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 06:28 AM
link   
reply to post by SearchLightsInc

Slightly off topic in that it is not specific to 'Indian women' but it will apply to them

when the male dominated government eventually gives them equality

I do love it every time a feminist or feminism is blamed for killing the

family unit, but it was legislation for equality that finally gave women the impetus to be

able to manage without the condescending financial hold a man had over a

woman!!

It is the 'nearly' equal pay law and the fact that women can now have mortgages and

credit and all the things that men have always had since time began. From putting 0%

into a relationship he is now required to put in 50% in, and women no longer need

to depend
on a man's moods, whims, or generosity?
She can do it all herself.

The fact that a woman can be independent IS WHAT A MAN DOESN'T LIKE

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 06:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by SearchLightsInc
if men hate the draft so much

well men do get fined and imprisoned >>if

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 06:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Skyfloating

Not being allowed to drive and other things we in the west would consider 'normal' they will

hardly be allowed the freedom to demonstrate, by a male dominated society/government.

I don't suppose it will change unless or until they allow women equal governance with men

In reply to Willtell

I would say "Feminism is incumbent to bring the world back to balance"

edit on 13-8-2013 by eletheia because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 06:41 AM
link   
Another one of those "Indian Men are bad evil pervs" thread

You people might want to check the Rape stats as per 100000 people and compare it to your own countries...You will be pleasantly surprised.....

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 06:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by maddy21

You people might want to check the Rape stats as per 100000 people and compare it to your own countries...You will be pleasantly surprised.....

Interesting point. Can you provide some of those stats?

Nevermind: I found your thread on that.
edit on 13-8-2013 by Skyfloating because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 07:15 AM
link   
I thought it was common knowledge that women in India are discriminated against. I remember a 2011 or 2012 survey saying that India's the worst place to be a woman among the biggest global economies and ranked lower even than Saudi Arabia.
I don't know about other men, but I certainly wouldn't like to be a woman living there. I'm sure it's safer to be a cow there. If anything, India needs an injection of common sense, not feminism. But it won't happen overnight.
edit on 13-8-2013 by sleepdealer because: (no reason given)

edit on 13-8-2013 by sleepdealer because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 07:47 AM
link   
Yep. The subcontinental Indians sure are partial to a bit of ye olde rape, child abuse and acid attacks. You'd be forgiven for thinking the place was Islamic! lol ...Pakistani influence, perhaps?

Dunno if feminism with help much, though. Might have to outlaw the ingrained caste system first, then tighten laws to protect woman and children from abuse.

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 08:45 AM
link   

I appreciate your thoughts.

We deal with many problems everyday. This is one of them.

Our original culture (Vedic culture) is very good for women. However there has been a large influx of uncultured foreigners into India over the last 3000 years. It has changed the composition of population and has created massive social problems.

I do not see too much hope in the short term as over-population and un-justice (mistreatment of labour) has resulted in many disgruntled people. Corruption and money culture are other factors that work against women.

I do see hope in the longer term, as people are getting better educated and more prosperous. Women of lower strata see more harassment, many times due to bad financial conditions.

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 08:59 AM
link   
Feminists are the most A$$ backwords thinkers ever.

You want equality except when you get special treatment for being a girl.
A guy that doesn't want to take care of children is a "dead beat dad", but when the role is reversed the woman is "pro choice".

A woman that hits a man is considered "brave" in many eyes... but if the man hits her back he is a criminal.
Feminists consider themselves smart and independent, UNTIL things get difficult.

"equal rights, equal rights. Oh yeah, your paying for dinner right?"

GTFO

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 01:02 PM
link   

I will probably accept that challenge, not in a combative/competitive way but just because it sounds like something I would enjoy doing. When that happens I would love for you to come share your honest opinions about the plight of men. Or if you wish you could hi-jack the thread, change the overall theme, or even make assumptions about my innermost thoughts
. I won't take it personally. Just kidding
. I've enjoyed our discussion.
edit on 13-8-2013 by djr33222 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 02:34 PM
link   
reply to post by resoe26

Even though I agree that using feminism to make a point was really unnecessary, what do your 1st world problems have to do with India or Indian women? Completely off-topic.

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 02:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by sleepdealer
reply to post by resoe26

Even though I agree that using feminism to make a point was really unnecessary, what do your 1st world problems have to do with India or Indian women? Completely off-topic.

yeah I guess you're right.....

but hey, India DOES have some gorgeous women! send them over here.... we will marry them!

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 04:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by racasan

Originally posted by SearchLightsInc
if men hate the draft so much

well men do get fined and imprisoned >>if

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 04:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by maddy21

Who said Indian men were all rapists?

You've even made a thread about it :S

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 04:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by GargIndia

I appreciate your thoughts.

We deal with many problems everyday. This is one of them.

Our original culture (Vedic culture) is very good for women. However there has been a large influx of uncultured foreigners into India over the last 3000 years. It has changed the composition of population and has created massive social problems.

I do not see too much hope in the short term as over-population and un-justice (mistreatment of labour) has resulted in many disgruntled people. Corruption and money culture are other factors that work against women.

I do see hope in the longer term, as people are getting better educated and more prosperous. Women of lower strata see more harassment, many times due to bad financial conditions.

Thank god, someone from india to contribute!
Im sorry if my OP has offended you in anyway, i have not meant to generalise the entire country, i do genuinely understand that not everyone in india is guilty of a crime. Ive just gotten the impression that things are bad for women over there - And yes, im sure men have their problems to, i would quite like to see india as a nation come together to alleviate many of its social problems. It is definitely a country i will be keeping an eye on because i am interetsed to know how it will develop over the coming years.

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 04:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by resoe26
Feminists are the most A$$ backwords thinkers ever.

You want equality except when you get special treatment for being a girl.
A guy that doesn't want to take care of children is a "dead beat dad", but when the role is reversed the woman is "pro choice".

A woman that hits a man is considered "brave" in many eyes... but if the man hits her back he is a criminal.
Feminists consider themselves smart and independent, UNTIL things get difficult.

"equal rights, equal rights. Oh yeah, your paying for dinner right?"

GTFO

Lol, you must have some crazy feminists in america. How is it women get special treatment again? And ive always been against someone paying for my meal, that's why i start with coffee

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 04:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by djr33222

I will probably accept that challenge, not in a combative/competitive way but just because it sounds like something I would enjoy doing. When that happens I would love for you to come share your honest opinions about the plight of men. Or if you wish you could hi-jack the thread, change the overall theme, or even make assumptions about my innermost thoughts
. I won't take it personally. Just kidding
. I've enjoyed our discussion.
edit on 13-8-2013 by djr33222 because: (no reason given)

I would honestly love to understand and discuss modern man's issues and how they could be resolved. I hope you think it over and find the time to share your thoughts because i'd quite like to pick your brain!

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 05:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by luciddream
reply to post by InTheLight

When they do they require three male eye witnesses to a rape, so, I wouldn't lean on those stats to make your case.

Another ignorant person that thinks India is Middle East? No wonder these thread don't get a point across, people don't even know what country they are frkin discussing.

Looking at a flippin map. Different religion, different culture.

There is no need to be insulting, I just get so mixed up with all the violence against women around the world that my mind is boggled some times - not to mention the demands their authorities put on these victims to prove their allegations.

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 05:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by AthlonSavage
Feminism is a fantasy of those desperate to control freedoms of those of higher ordered morality.

Thanks, I needed a good laugh today.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join