It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is that a ghost that was caught on time-lapse?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 09:27 PM
link   

Milton-Freewater, Oregon - Here's one for the unexplained mystery files - a spooky image captured during a photo shoot.

Do you see what's to the right of the tree? Kind of looks like a figure of a person, doesn't it? And it's got Nathan Ziegler, the photographer, more than a little baffled.

You see, he set up a camera at the Old Pioneer Cemetery in Milton-Freewater, Ore., and let it run on its own for a few hours. What he wanted was a nice time-lapse of the sunset. What he got was a strange image that appears only in one frame and then disappears. Ziegler shows what he captured in this video:

A cool website that has spent time on analysis of the photo...

Well here is another interesting photo...

I have to try time lapse photography one day, especially near a cemetery.

The analysis done on that one site was interesting. Maybe it was a guy walking fairly fast? I don't know, but the figure in the photo does not appear to be running....

Anyway, I thought I would bring this little mystery to all of our attention.

Any thoughts?

Pred...

posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 09:55 PM
link   
reply to post by predator0187

This was posted yesterday,

If I can find the link I will post it.

posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 09:57 PM
link   
I bet it was just a normal alive human cutting through the graveyard to go somewhere.

Maybe a homeless person that finds it peaceful to sleep in that area, perhaps live as well.

Whatever the answer, I'm pretty sure it's not paranormal.

Interesting though. I think time lapse photography is so cool.

posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 10:04 PM
link   
Nah, no ghost, that tree just threw up

posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 10:10 PM
link   
reply to post by ShadellacZumbrum

Jesus, you must be the thread police.

Why not add something to the conversation...?

Pred...

posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 10:14 PM
link   
reply to post by predator0187

I did. .. To the ones that were created yesterday.

posted on Aug, 11 2013 @ 03:38 AM
link   
Interesting, thanks for sharing!

It can't be a tree branch falling, I think that we can all agree on this.

A superimposition of two of the three photos taken 30s apart shows that there was some wind this day. The white parts are the differences between photo 28 (30s before) and photo 29 (where the strange figure appears). The tree branches and leaves are moving.

Also, the bottom part of the "ghost" perfectly coincide with the ground line next to the tree, reinforcing the impression that it's a material object (a ghost or whatever) located behind the ground line:

A quick enhancement of the superimposed photo (brightness, contrast...) even gives a more human shape oh this "ghost", because it includes all the left and right blurry parts:

Anyway, very intriguing to say the least, unless it was just someone walking quick, being out of the previous frame 30s before.

edit on 11-8-2013 by elevenaugust because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2013 @ 04:36 AM
link   
reply to post by elevenaugust

whats the width of the area being captured by the camera. ie from the tree to the righthand side of the image. what distance is that. given an average speed of 5mph walking for a human, is it possible to cover that distance from right to left at that speed and get just one snap taken of your intrusion into the shot... what was the camera speed...time laspse between shots?

posted on Aug, 11 2013 @ 11:11 AM
link   
I have to say that it is just a person out for a sunset stroll or jog. Since the camera was set for 30s intervals it is conceivable that a person could have gone from left to right during the picture frames. Us a stopwatch and count off 30 seconds. That is really a long time in relation to the image appearing on the frame. Person could have come from the right or from a valley beyond the tree, since we don't know the landscape layout or distances involved.

top topics

join