It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Survival Electricity

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 07:48 PM
link   
Help me piece this together, please take this seriously its a jumble of related info but could prove to be interesting.
Lord Kelvin's Thunderstorm-Electrostatic Battery

The fourth State of Water
EZ water-body needs negative ions
Earth is negatively charged
Battery charged by the sun
PDF Capacitive deionization as an electrochemical means of saving energy and delivering clean water. Comparison to present desalination practices: Will it compete?

OK this is a bit confusing but in my mind you could desalinate/potable water by running any water through a Lord Kelvin Thunderstorm machine and collecting the positively charged ionic water which you could deionize by conecting it to the negative potential of earth and maybe creating a current inso doing this. This current plus the current from the Lord Kelvin Process might give you light at night etc.. Drinking the negatively charged water, for health reasons. The EZ water is another way this could be done with proteins or that other material he mentions that makes a exclusion zone. He does mention that the sun powers this which got me to wonder if you could pump up the Lord Kelvin process by shining light from the sun on the positive (or negative??) bucket?

posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 08:49 PM
link   
Survival Info:

CD3WD Core 6 DVDs 6 dvds - is high quality free public domain and creative commons third world development content, much of it created by aid donors and NGOs over the years. 99% of the content is now in pdf files, and the file naming system makes it relatively easy to find what you want and to extract ebooks for any subject. The stuff covers agriculture, forestry, fisheries, food processing, construction, health, water and sanitation, appropriate technology, alternative energy, ecology, education and a host of other subjects. This material is not only useful for third world citizens but also for westerners trying some self sufficiency or keeping a local non-internet backup in case civilization collapses - we are strong with survivalists. There are about 6000 ebooks in the 6 dvds, about 26 GB in total. CD3WD Educational Content About 32 dvds in total - has content from khan academy (video converted to .avi file in PAL settings - not NTSC) - maths and science mainly. Also stuff from wikipedia for schools, project gutenberg, CIA world factbook, project siyavula.com - south african mastered textbooks for grade 1 through to grade 12. There is content for preschool through Grade 12 and slightly beyond. There are few collections:

LINK

posted on Aug, 16 2013 @ 07:41 AM
link   
I wonder if you can buy some batterys that perhaps recharge on solar? I remember I use to use rechargeable batteries for my walkman back in the day and it was pretty effective.

posted on Aug, 16 2013 @ 07:51 AM
link   
Depends on what you mean by 'electricity'. Big difference between attempting to power your home and basic lighting/communications. For the latter you can build a rechargeable battery bank (deep-cycle AGM or similar) and use solar, wind or peddle-powered generator (or a combination) to recharge through a charge controller. All depends on how much power you need and for what.

posted on Aug, 18 2013 @ 03:33 PM
link   
This would be high voltage electronics, right now our civilization works around low voltage. www.behlke.com... The mill use this, how well does high voltage system fare in an EMP? Use of thinner wires and they act like fuses when the voltage induced current hits the ground wire overloads and cuts the circuit.

new topics

top topics

join