It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Recipes for Country style Pork Ribs

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 07:17 PM
link   
Does anyone have a good recipe for country style pork ribs?

Bought a bunch but don't know what the heck to do with them.

posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 07:33 PM
link   
Right here...

southernfood.about.com...
edit on 10-8-2013 by ghr54321 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 07:37 PM
link   
reply to post by teachtaire

Items you'll need.

9 x 13 glass baking dish
Ribs
2 cans golden mushroom soup
Rotini (or any kind of pasta)
Mushrooms
Salt and pepper

Preheat oven to 375. Put the soup concentrate in the dish, mix with one can of water. Normally its one can of water per can of soup but you want it thicker. Mix until its smooth. Put one layer of ribs in the soup mixture, salt and pepper. Flip the ribs and salt and pepper the other side. Top with mushrooms. Cover and bake for 1 1/2 to 2 hours till done. Once done remove the ribs from the gravy and thicken with corn starch or flour. At the 1 1/2 hour mark start the pasta so everything is done at the same time.

Enjoy!

P.S. if you don't like mushrooms, you won't like it haha
edit on 10-8-2013 by litterbaux because: see above

posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 08:28 PM
link   

Try this it is so delicious! It may sound funny to you but its one of my favorite dishes.

Country ribs 4 lbs or so

Large jar of sour Kraut drained and rinsed

3 large onions

6-8 peeled potatoes

Mc Cormick Montreal Steak seasoning to taste

Bulb of garlic prepare however you prefer

Throw it all in a crock pot and cook the hell out of it. Eat it! Whatever is left is so much better when reheated. This dish is indescribably good.

posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 08:58 PM
link   

Sauce:

zest and juice 2 grapefruit, 4 lemons, and 3 limes. If you want, throw in a tangerine, too. PUt all the juice and zest into a sauce pan and reduce by 3/4, maybe a little more. You want it thick.

Add in 1/4 cup soy sauce, 6 cloves minced garlic, 1/4 cup brown sugar, and about 2 green onions chopped. Grate in about 2 tbl fresh ginger and simmer for about 5 mins. Remove from heat and set aside

Put the country ribs in a baking pan, cover, and bake for 1 1/2 hours on 350. Warm up the above moentioned ginger/citrus glaze. Remove the cover from the pork and pour the glaze over the top of the pork. Continue baking on 350 for another 20-30 minutes.

Serve with a side of stir fried veggies. If you want to remove the sugar, replace with 1/4c splenda and about 8 drops liquid erythritol.

ETA: we eat the sugar free version of this once a week. If we don't use country ribs, we use pork carnitas (odd cuts of pork shoulder....very cheap, wonderfully delicious)
edit on 10-8-2013 by bigfatfurrytexan because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 09:10 PM
link   
another recipe i use for country ribs, either beef or pork:

in your food processor:

half a can of chipotle peppers, including the adobo sauce
5-7 cloves of garlic
half a medium onion

pulse it until it is liquid. Pour it all into a sauce pan. Add in half a jar of raspberry preserves, bring to simmer. Add 1/4c brown mustard, 1/4c soy sauce, 2tsp salt, 2tsp black pepper, 1/4c brown sugar, small can of tomato sauce, and 2 tsp sage. Continue simmering for about 15 minutes or so, until all the jam has been blended into the sauce.

On a grill get a solid bed of coals. place your ribs, freshly rubbed with corn/vegetable oil (high scorch point will tide you over until the pork fat starts to render). If you have apple smoking chips, use them liberally. You want to cook the ribs for about 30 mins, maybe 40, while turning. Get them nice and seared off on the grill, then sauce them liberally while you finish cooking (you add sauce, then turn and let it cook while you sauce that side....repeat 3 or 4 times).

Raspberry-chipotle bbq sauce...always a family pleaser here in West Texas.

posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 10:58 PM
link   

Teachtaire....

Go to YouTube and search: "America's test kitchen ribs"...and go to town...!

Those people are redefining smart AND tasty cooking...but you got to follow their instructions....

Bon appetit...!

(I get to say that being Canadian...)

posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 11:10 PM
link   
reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan

Hey bfftexan...I can taste it...!

Great combination of flavours...

I would make one change...I have transitioned from chemical 'sweeteners' to stevia...it's Intensely sweet, Zero calories and natural...too much leaves a bitter aftertaste....

It comes as a powder, a water solution, and a glycerine solution...I prefer the alcohol-free glycerine from Now Foods....the other two don't sweeten as well and there is more control dispensing the glycerine version

Regards,
Tarasco

posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 11:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Tarasco

Erythritol is stevia by chemical name. Like most polyols, it can tend to cause stomache upset if used in too great an amount.

I use it in most cooking, as it has a drying effect (on flax brownies it gives that nice chewy corner piece). But because it can tend to draw out moisture, it can create stomache cramps and some rather explosive effects in the aft section.

Thus, I blend it with splenda in my measurements. Splenda gives chewy/hard, erythritol (i use NuSweet stevia extract) gives the dry/crisp/sticky. And it is the lowest carbohydrate of the polyols (and creates almost no insulin response).

I also have xylitol, but rarely use it due to its relatively high insulin response.

posted on Aug, 11 2013 @ 02:29 AM
link   

Your new avatar is hilarious!

Your recipe looks delish.

To the OP - you might want to get a simple crock pot recipe. Pork bits seem to be better slow cooked. If not, go for a braised style.

posted on Aug, 11 2013 @ 08:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by ChuckNasty

Your new avatar is hilarious!

Your recipe looks delish.

To the OP - you might want to get a simple crock pot recipe. Pork bits seem to be better slow cooked. If not, go for a braised style.

My advice on a crockpot: don't use it to slow cook meat. It makes rubber instead of tender. It is best for beans and soups, or to warm a potluck meal.

THe problem with a crock is that it won't get hot enough. On meat you want slow cooked, the goal is to slowly get the meat up to an even 190-200 degrees. At this point, the fat renders into a gelatin (that is why it gets sticky on slow cooked BBQ), and the tougher strands of muscle attachment soften.

You don't get this same effect in a crock. It just doesn't get hot enough to ever create that fat to gelatin conversion.
edit on 11-8-2013 by bigfatfurrytexan because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2013 @ 10:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tarasco

Hey bfftexan...I can taste it...!

Great combination of flavours...

I would make one change...I have transitioned from chemical 'sweeteners' to stevia...it's Intensely sweet, Zero calories and natural...too much leaves a bitter aftertaste....

It comes as a powder, a water solution, and a glycerine solution...I prefer the alcohol-free glycerine from Now Foods....the other two don't sweeten as well and there is more control dispensing the glycerine version

Regards,
Tarasco

Sorry, bfftexan, I was out of line "correcting" your recipe....my apologies....

Tarasco

posted on Aug, 11 2013 @ 10:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Tarasco

I don't take personal ownership over this stuff.
We are here talking. You correct what you like, and do it the way that makes your belly smile. That is what food is all about.

I shared, you shared, we all saw benefit.

posted on Aug, 24 2013 @ 02:55 AM
link   
Hi,

For recipes visitRecipes,Dishes this site

new topics

top topics

join