It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rand Paul Likes Drones

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 11 2013 @ 01:39 AM
link   
I'm going to be talking about this thread on Reality Remix.

Be prepared.

posted on Aug, 11 2013 @ 01:51 AM
link   
I like the people talking about shooting down drones. As if destroying property that doesn't belong to you is okay as long as you see it as kind of maybe a threat. Sorta. If you squint and use conspiracy goggles.

I am always amazed at the knee jerk reactions of this site in regards to "drones". They are just remote controlled flying machines. Ya, they have a military use. So do a lot of other things that civilians also use.

But, no, drones are bad because they can fly and have cameras. Which we all know is bad because... it might catch you skinny dipping in your backyard? I don't know what ATSer's do outside that is so top secret and private.
edit on 11-8-2013 by TsukiLunar because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2013 @ 08:22 AM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Bacon beer and pizza?

Um ok I`m in.

posted on Aug, 11 2013 @ 10:37 AM
link   
reply to post by TsukiLunar

I think some people (myself included) don't only think about the killing/government side of drones, but more the side of 'technology' is taking over, this is what everyone wanted in the 80s and 90s, a beer to drop from the sky at the push of a button.

I'm afraid of it taking over. I don't have texting. I don't have a TV. I have a $15 prepaid phone and no facebook/twitter/instagram, just an e-mail and a laptop. I don't want to live like the Jetsons, or the Kardashians, or like most of the families out there nowadays. I prefer the quiet mountains, with my horses.

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 07:47 PM
link   
any one who trust this dude is in for a rude awakening, you dont make it where he has being against the man, he has a hidden agenda, a side he is meant to portray, meanwhile...

posted on Aug, 15 2013 @ 12:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by TsukiLunar
I like the people talking about shooting down drones. As if destroying property that doesn't belong to you is okay as long as you see it as kind of maybe a threat. Sorta. If you squint and use conspiracy goggles.

I am always amazed at the knee jerk reactions of this site in regards to "drones". They are just remote controlled flying machines. Ya, they have a military use. So do a lot of other things that civilians also use.

But, no, drones are bad because they can fly and have cameras. Which we all know is bad because... it might catch you skinny dipping in your backyard? I don't know what ATSer's do outside that is so top secret and private.
edit on 11-8-2013 by TsukiLunar because: (no reason given)

What you're saying is kinda the oldest cheap shot in the book... Saying both what do you have to hide and calling those who are worried paranoid shutins in one fell swoop. What do you have to hide? Everything... The current situation might not be one where political dissidents are hunted down in droves, but its scary if you consider both the proliferation of cameras (and the domestic use of drones will make this magnitudes worse) and the crazy information handling leaps over the past decade that allow this raw data to be collected and used (in wireless networking automatic facial recognition and processing the hits to show where people move, their habits and who they network with) that would leave the makings of a turnkey surveillance state with absolutely unprecedented capabilities to take out whoever the computers say are likely to be a threat by their activities and associations (and the nation-wide militarization of the police force and their increased use of assault tactics doesn't ease my worries in that regard). And I'm worried about civilian drones (at least the ones that are network connected beyond like a remote control) because what's to stop them from snooping the feeds from them too (although as I mention that and look at the camera on my phone I feel a little uneasy). So nothing's wrong with the idea of flying robots in my mind... However, having robots with cameras flying around everywhere transmitting the video they receive to networks which are both trivial to break into and are already shown to be the playground for electronic intelligence agencies and given the nation's history of handling dissidence or perceived dissidence by harrassment, false arrest, or outright assassination really concerns me

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 12:40 PM
link   
This thread will be discussed tonight at 10pm Est tonight on Reality Remix.

Join ATS Members SheepSlayer247, Adjensen, NoRegretsEver, Druid42 & Beezer for two hours of their take on threads past and present right here on ATS!

Reality Remix

top topics

<< 1   >>

join