It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sri Lanka Buddhist mob attacks Colombo mosque

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 04:59 PM
link   
Now HERE is a story you don't see every day, I'd imagine. I saw the headline and did a full double take. It's like seeing "Quaker goes psychotic, shoots 50!". I just never quite put Buddhist and Mob into the same sentence for direct connection before.

A Buddhist mob has attacked a mosque in the Grandpass area of the Sri Lankan capital Colombo, leaving at least five people injured.

Buddhists and Muslims clashed after the attack, and police imposed a curfew in the area.

While here, many in the West thought we had a corner on the religious insanity market....

The past year has seen mounting religious tension in the country as hardline Buddhist groups have attacked mosques and Muslim-owned businesses, as well as churches and clergy.

In February, one group also called for the abolition of the Muslim halal system of certifying foods and other goods.
Source

Intolerance seems to be on the rise, world-wide, while there would be no shortage of hate to flow between all who want any of it. Yikes...

posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 05:07 PM
link   
I'm just glad being a fundi wingnut is a worldwide, equal opportunity affair.

posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 05:17 PM
link   
There's nothing Buddhist about that... no more than terrorists represent Islam or the Crusades represented Christianity.

All a bunch of BS.
Headlines should be called HeadLIES and humans should be called excuse-making machines.
Shame, shame.

posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 05:46 PM
link   
I am not as surprised that this happens even to Buddhist. When you are forced to deal with an intolerant view that is our way or you are an infidel, then it is harder to keep higher ideals of tolerance. How can you be tolerant to something that will never accept your existence and right to live peacefully? When there is a tolerant atmosphere in the community then hate is far off. It is harder to follow what you preach when you are tested under extreme circumstances. But as in every religion some only where the garment for show.

Christians and Islam have been trying to make their views the only view for ages and one of them are still killing people who think otherwise than them. It does not meant there is not good people that are Christians and Islam but as a whole I think the trees are giving of rotten fruit or small mindedness. But I could be wrong in my assessment and I want the people who say they are part of these grouped to really prove me wrong that the whole group can be tolerant. The Sufi are extremely open minded it seem but the salafist seem to be very one track minded in their views.

Matthew 7:15-20 ESV / 40 helpful votes

“Beware of false prophets, who come to you in sheep's clothing but inwardly are ravenous wolves. You will recognize them by their fruits. Are grapes gathered from thornbushes, or figs from thistles? So, every healthy tree bears good fruit, but the diseased tree bears bad fruit. A healthy tree cannot bear bad fruit, nor can a diseased tree bear good fruit. Every tree that does not bear good fruit is cut down and thrown into the fire. ...
edit on 10-8-2013 by LittleByLittle because: Spellchecking

posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 06:27 PM
link   
What this goes to prove is what we already know;

Islam is a sham of a religion that seeks to overpower every other religion wherever it sets foot. It has even managed to greatly upset the most peaceful chilled out religion I know of and that speaks volumes against Islam alright.

It's time we all woke up and stood up to Islam and stopped the spread of it's less that subtle pushy agendas,

posted on Aug, 11 2013 @ 01:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

When non-Muslims are attacked by Muslims in Muslim nations, the event is usually portrayed as being the direct results of the teachings of Islam.

When its the other way round, commentators quickly isolate the perpetrators so as to not taint their faith. In this case Buddhism is not to blame, but rather the few misguided people identifying themselves as Buddhists.

OR

As you can already see in this thread, people will find ways to justify assaults on Muslims.

posted on Aug, 11 2013 @ 04:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by sk0rpi0n
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

When non-Muslims are attacked by Muslims in Muslim nations, the event is usually portrayed as being the direct results of the teachings of Islam.

When its the other way round, commentators quickly isolate the perpetrators so as to not taint their faith. In this case Buddhism is not to blame, but rather the few misguided people identifying themselves as Buddhists.

OR

As you can already see in this thread, people will find ways to justify assaults on Muslims.

There are people who are tolerant as muslims, but I have seen the non-tolerance and hate on other threads here from muslism because of the view that Priests spread as god views. If you wanna be seen as tolerant then you have to be tolerant to equality between sexes and differences in culture. As a message for all muslims I would say get some common sense and go toward the most loving interpretation of your books and stop spreading hate and stand up to your priests when the spread violence and hate.

But there are buddhists that believe that a woman is less worth than a man and is a woman because she has extra karma and when I hear that I think, that is one stupid buddhist who do not understand anything about what his own religion at all. And the funny thing about this is that the article I read that about was from a muslim gay priest who is preaching love and tolerance in a non muslim country. And I have seen s buddhist kid who should see all life as sacred throw rocks at a dog. Many are clearly wearing their faith as a garment.

The reason Islam has a bad name is because the common muslim do not clean up the act of the extremist and behind the scenes fall into the trap of being more supportive of the extremist muslim than a innocent non muslim, because the non muslims are infidels.

If you treat me as an infidel based on race/religious view/culture and others better then why should I accept your view. I want to be treated as a soul brother and treat all people as soul sisters and soul brothers.
edit on 11-8-2013 by LittleByLittle because: Spellchecking

new topics

top topics

join