It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

is everyone oblivious to whats above us?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 06:17 PM
link   
I look up and wonder all the time when I am lucky enough to be in a place with little or no light pollution, in the city one can barely see the sky at all at night.

I have seen some pretty bizarre stuff while spacing out looking at the sky too.

posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 06:21 PM
link   
reply to post by geobro

yeah hate that being weird cause your looking out and thinking whats it all about and from south lanarkshire,thats all i,m willing to give up lol

posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 06:23 PM
link   
I was having a conversation in work today with a colleague of mine, hes an extremely intelligent 18 year old. We started to talk about hte possibility of alien life in the universe existing. And i have to say, my greatest wish for my lifetime would be to have disclosure and find out that we are not alone. Unfortunatly as every day goes on, i feel that that possibility is less and less likely to happen.Its all rather depressing.

posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 06:28 PM
link   
reply to post by sparky31

What are you talking about?

What You see is "Project Blue Beam" aka The Matrix.

There is nothing out there. Comply and it will be much less painful.

posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 06:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by sparky31
reply to post by geobro

yeah hate that being weird cause your looking out and thinking whats it all about and from south lanarkshire,thats all i,m willing to give up lol

i lived there now in the highlands and i have great viewing most of the time to many street lights in your neck of the woods

posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 06:35 PM
link   
We need to unite as one people worldwide. We need to reach for space travel as a main goal.
I feel like we are made to travel the stars. We are not supposed to to stay here and fight each other over food wars over religion. The definition of insanity is doing something over and over and expecting a different result.

We should overcome our differences and face facts.....we are all from earth. we should work together as one planet with a goal. I would love to travel the stars instead of being on this prison planet. The whole place is filled with dead ends and resistance. Space provides a limitless amount of possibilities.

We should set goals to attain faster than light travel. I truly believe that we can do anything we want....we just have to grab the ability.

I can dream.

posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 06:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by thedoctorswife
I was having a conversation in work today with a colleague of mine, hes an extremely intelligent 18 year old. We started to talk about hte possibility of alien life in the universe existing. And i have to say, my greatest wish for my lifetime would be to have disclosure and find out that we are not alone. Unfortunatly as every day goes on, i feel that that possibility is less and less likely to happen.Its all rather depressing.
i would love to be around for disclosure but i know its never going to happen when i,m alive,thats why we all sit and look up and ponder whats up there,whats it all about.if only we knew.

posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 06:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by geobro

reply to post by geobro

i lived there now in the highlands and i have great viewing most of the time to many street lights in your neck of the woods
lucky for you,as you say too many street lights its confined my telescope to bedroom gathering dust

posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 06:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by spacedoubt
I enjoy looking into space and contemplating the vastness and complexity. I look up aften
I also enjoy Geology, so I look down often, at the rocks beneath my feet.

This sometimes gives me a form of slow motion whiplash. and I am not kidding.
its the vastness that scrambles my mind,seriously i go to bed every night and think about how our galaxy is a 100,000 light years across and how theres billions of galaxys,it really screws with your mind lol

posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 07:02 PM
link   

I enjoy looking into space and contemplating the vastness and complexity. I look up aften

its the vastness that scrambles my mind,seriously i go to bed every night and think about how our galaxy is a 100,000 light years across and how theres billions of galaxys,it really screws with your mind lol
C H 4 or methane is the decomposing gas of organic materials there are loads of it in your body and out in the solar system and vast clouds of it in between the stars some people wonder is the universe a living thing
its a mystery

posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 07:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tardacus

Originally posted by thruthseek3r
Before even thinking to go to the stars, which I did since many years, we should think about ending the madness happening here on earth. After the clean up of the mess would be done, then it would be a great idea.

Going to the stars right now I see it as intelligence lacking wisdom of what is happening right now.

Thruthseek3r

I agree, we are much too primitive in nature to even be thinking about going into space, mankind would be the turd in the punchbowl of the comos.

It is not exactly that we are primitive, we are governed by a corrupted egotistical and kid attitude elite. The reign of oppression upon people would need to stop before even considering going farther that is for sure.

posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 07:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by jacygirl
Hey Sparky,
I hear you! I'm always looking up at the sky and wondering what exactly is going on out there, lol.

When I was younger and busier, I didn't think about it as much. When I hurt my back and had to quit working, I suddenly found myself pondering more and more. Which eventually led me to this site.

I think it's great to be curious! (Unless you're a cat. You know, because curiosity killed the....*sigh*)

Anyways...don't be too hard on the busy people...it's not really their fault. Maybe not even their time yet.
You will find a lot of people on here who share your views. (And a lot who will try to shred them, too.)
Makes for great reading, lol.
jacygirl
when i was younger i didn,t but i still looked up and thought about the possibilities but today what i see is that no one even thinks about it and as i said if u try to even speak and try explain to anyone then they have no interest what so ever,which i find quite sad.

posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 10:13 PM
link   

I think I understand.

I look up every morning I go outside. I sometimes take pictures of the clouds. I look up every evening too. I believe I think along the same lines as you.

I look up cause I am looking for something. I look up longing to leave Earth. I look up hoping for something to happen. It's like I almost don't belong here. I wonder what planets are circling those stars. I want to see other galaxies and the colors of gases moving through space.

That picture of earth taken from under Saturn's rings....I have that as a desktop pic on my computer and iPod. I can't help staring at it. The wonder. The smallness of humanity. It is beautiful. Scary. Exciting.

If a UFO landed in front of my house and they asked me to "come sail away"...........I would.

I can't really talk to anyone about this unless we have been drinking.

You are not alone.

posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 10:27 PM
link   

reply to post by cass1dy09

no i,m not saying that i,m just saying i think its quite sad that most people just live in this cocoon and don,t look beyond to what else maybe out there,think everybody should be aware.

It's even worse with the people around me. They don't even know what's going on outside of their little lives. They don't watch the news. All conversations around me revolve around sports, weather, and what they had for dinner. It's gotten to the point where I just don't talk anymore. I have to come here for some mental stimulation. So, thanks for this thread.

posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 10:37 PM
link   

Have to be honest here. Sometimes I think I have too much information. I can easily picture in my mind our speck of a planet floating on our speck of a galaxy a gazillion miles from other specks of galaxies, and I think to myself, we really are totally irrelevant. Everything we have done or will ever do in our lives is utterly meaningless and without purpose. That's how tiny we are. Ignorance really is bliss.

And then I look at pictures of space and I think to myself, AWESOME! I am so glad to be living in a time where we can actually see stuff like this:

posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 11:05 PM
link   
Oh yes OP, I think about such matters and my gaze is always up, even in the middle of the day.

posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 11:10 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 11 2013 @ 03:20 AM
link   

Sadly, Most of the united states is so lit up from city lights, Not many people get to see a real night sky. Video and pictures just don't cut it. You must see it for yourself. Most people don't have time because they work and have families. To many stresses in life to think about space and all it holds. Most of us that are not in that kind of work use sites like this and others to learn all we can about it. That is the only way if you are not working in those fields.

But do not get discouraged, There are many people in the world who thinks about it more than others. Just keep learning and one day you may find the answers you are looking for. We each have our own quest's and we as humans will always demand answers. The unknown is a scary place sometimes. But the only thing to fear is fear itself.

posted on Aug, 11 2013 @ 04:39 AM
link   

Your punctuation sucks, as well as your your poorly written thread IMO.
Please take as much offense as you like. Come on man/or women?

Could you pose a more insightful or intelligent question. I'm still trying to understand the motion of your inquiry
that has not already been posted on the majority of "blah" on ATS.

I'm waiting on the "proof,". Thank God that's not's in your title, lol

Clarify and elaborate please

posted on Aug, 11 2013 @ 04:42 AM
link   

I just want to be a pric k, n Sab tat u b tripn oonn som zz n stuf ... Lame

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join