It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Phoenix Police Helicopter responds to a 1&4 Amendment Test while open carrying 8/5/13

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 11 2013 @ 11:23 AM
link   
reply to post by jimmyx

So why were the cops more interested in the camera they could not see than the gun he had on his side? If they were afraid of the gun they would had guns drawn approaching him. No they wanted to know about the camera and where it was. And you think cops are worried about citizen any more? Boston Bombing terrorist event. Terrorist blow up bombs killing three people and wounding many. They don't even tell you who did it. They shoot one security guard and they bring in over 9000 cops to shut down all of Boston and tell people to close your self up in your houses. They care more about being recorded then a guy having a gun on the streets. Intelligence to them is more important then stopping a crime. Just look at the guys at the Boston Bombing with back packs recording every phone credit card and id of a person who walks past them. The bombing happened and they reported back to the truck they were relaying all the data to. They did not run to help some one. It is not there job to do that any more. Maybe we need some more Andy Griffiths in law enforcement again. Right now we have Golmer Pyle running things.

And the main problem with it is they did not spot him taking pictures. They never even knew where the camera was. But they did know he was taking pictures. How did they do it if they did not hack his phone before they even approached him?

This is a case of "Real-Time Regional Gateway (RT-RG)" Started with the war in Iraq and has become common place he in America. It takes TIA Total Information Awareness to a whole new level.
edit on 11-8-2013 by JBA2848 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2013 @ 11:32 AM
link   
Wow. I think the outcomes are a case by case basis. In some areas, if u spoke to a cop thug like that, you would be beatin, and dragged to jail. Other areas, you'd be shot and killed. Luck is definitely a factor when it comes to police exchanges like this.

edit on 11-8-2013 by Visitor2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2013 @ 11:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by shaneslaughta
There have been a few videos of people exorcizing their rights. The downside is once you do this, you will be marked as uncooperative. You know those little notepads cops have.....yeah every time you talk to one they write down things to put them in their database. Now every time you have a police encounter, no matter what the issue is...they are going to give you a big hassle and make out like your a criminal.

Never talk to cops openly, especially if you have done nothing wrong. I would do the same thing as this guy.

Profiling in general should be illegal. I commend this guy on his stance. It may look suspicious but since anyone can photograph in public he was well within his rights. He could have toned it down a bit and kept his mouth clean but all in all

On the flip side, I hate the fact that there are people walking around the streets, with rifles on their backs and ammo. It makes it almost impossible to investigate and stop something before it happens. The cops really have their hands tied on this, and renders them almost ineffective thanks to the constitution and people who like doing this to make a point. But, if we don't stand up for our rights,..........you know the rest.

Still, legal or not, I really don't want to be out with my family and see a guy coming the other way wearing an AR-15.

posted on Aug, 11 2013 @ 12:07 PM
link   
Heres my take on this video. If a guy is walking around the perimeter of a police station with a rifle on his back and a unusual interest in said police station. And it looks like he's geared up to do something. Then yeah I might approach this guy en mass with other officers and question what he's doing. Especially if some people think hey saw him taking photos of the building.

THey are more concerned about his camera than the gun cause they can look at the gun and see if it's bolt is open, if its loaded. It's slung over his back so they can tackle him or tazer him before anything happens. However the camera would show what he was taking pictures of of the building. He doesn't have to show them whats on the camera. But if I were the cop and I could trick the guy into showing me what he was filming. It would give me insight , if he were planning to do something, as to what it was or where it would happen. The cops probably went to some seminar a week earlier about what to look for etc.. And the guy lecturing probably was talking about how criminals and terrorists probe a place to check it vulnerability or alertness and take photos to look for weaknesses, and they were hoping that they were about to catch the next timothy mcV in the act.

I understand their concern. They don't need technology to suspect the guy of taking videos. A few dudes looking out the window at the guy across the street with the assault rifle can be all that needed for them to suspect the guy of filming. Especially if the guy going "hey I think that dude with the assault rifle staring at our police building just took some photos" is considered reliable to his co workers.

In the end both had a right to do what they were doing. I do believe the guy was trying to provoke a situation. I think he's heart was in the right place but his tactics were a little misguided.

posted on Aug, 11 2013 @ 01:12 PM
link   
DO NOT SCREW AROUND WITH THE POLICE IN ARIZONA!! REALLY STUPID!!!

top topics

<< 1   >>

join