It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Phoenix Police Helicopter responds to a 1&4 Amendment Test while open carrying 8/5/13

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 04:33 PM
link   

Wow! This guy has quite a set.

Don't know if this is the correct forum since he actually made it out alive and unbeaten after this encounter with the PoPo.

If this was posted previously, please delete. I couldn't find it using the search and thought it would be good for people to see that we DO have rights.

Different source with text description of incident.
edit on 10-8-2013 by bozzchem because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 04:40 PM
link   
reply to post by bozzchem

The scary thing is the hacked his phone to see it was recording a video without knowing what they even hacked. The just new a video recording device was being used even though they did not even see it. Then went to search him and identify him further.

posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 04:45 PM
link   
There have been a few videos of people exorcizing their rights. The downside is once you do this, you will be marked as uncooperative. You know those little notepads cops have.....yeah every time you talk to one they write down things to put them in their database. Now every time you have a police encounter, no matter what the issue is...they are going to give you a big hassle and make out like your a criminal.

Never talk to cops openly, especially if you have done nothing wrong. I would do the same thing as this guy.

Profiling in general should be illegal. I commend this guy on his stance. It may look suspicious but since anyone can photograph in public he was well within his rights. He could have toned it down a bit and kept his mouth clean but all in all

posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 04:46 PM
link   
reply to post by JBA2848

He was clearly walking down the street with his camera phone in hand recording......maybe a little colored camera light gave it away. Done get paranoid.....the NSA only watch 1.6% of internet traffic in the USA

posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 04:49 PM
link   
The cops are clearly brainwashed since no federal buildings have been bombed or harmed at all since the McVey/FBI/CIA sponsored false flag in Oklahoma..

Stupidest pigs I have seen in awhile.. I used to live in Phoenix, so I already knew how stupid the Phoenix PD is..
edit on 10-8-2013 by alienreality because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 04:53 PM
link   
reply to post by bozzchem

Maybe under American law the man was in his right's but a matter of common sense is that these officers were acting with due care and discretion, if these had been bad police he would have been shot but they actually put there lives at risk to ascertain the situation.
Yes under American law he was technically correct but as the officer says in this DAY AND AGE.
There are civilians as well as police in that building so they were merely over protective, Don't get me wrong I know something has gone very wrong with America but it is not beyond the ability of the American people to fix and at the end of the day these officers though state employees were simply Americans.
How would you have acted in there place and don't you think this was goading them into this action.

posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 04:54 PM
link   
"If we were to come to your neighbourhood and take pictures of your house."

-voice of police officer

Oh the irony....

I must say the real irony though, is that if he was dressed in tactical gear, whoever called the police on him, probably wouldn't have because they would have thought he was part of an "official" operation. That is if someone actually called in the first place....
edit on 10-8-2013 by boncho because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 04:56 PM
link   
reply to post by shaneslaughta

Watch it again. He even said it is in pocket. He had a coffee cup in his hand. They picked up his broadcast signal and tracked him down for what he was recording without even seeing a device for recording. They asked for his sidearm as they asked why are you recording and taking pictures of a police station because they picked up the signal. Not because they seen the device in his hand recording the building.

Can I take your firearm for a minute? Well were concerned of you taking pictures of a federal building. I do photograph as a hobby. Well do you have your camera on you?

They never seen the camera but knew he was recording? They picked up the signal.
edit on 10-8-2013 by JBA2848 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 04:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by alienreality
The cops are clearly brainwashed since no federal buildings have been bombed or harmed at all since the McVey/FBI/CIA sponsored false flag in Oklahoma..

Stupidest pigs I have seen in awhile.. I used to live in Phoenix, so I already knew how stupid the Phoenix PD is..
edit on 10-8-2013 by alienreality because: (no reason given)

I found out some interesting facts about MCvey on a show called dark matters

posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 05:01 PM
link   
reply to post by LABTECH767

Yes under American law he was technically correct but as the officer says in this DAY AND AGE.

This day and age being?

_ Murder in European countries has steadily fallen from near 100 per 100,000 people in the 14th and 15th centuries to about 1 per 100,000 people now.

_ Murder within families. The U.S. rate of husbands being killed by their wives has dropped from 1.2 per 100,000 in 1976 to just 0.2. For wives killed by their husbands, the rate has slipped from 1.4 to 0.8 over the same time period.

_ Rape in the United States is down 80 percent since 1973. Lynchings, which used to occur at a rate of 150 a year, have disappeared.

www.huffingtonpost.com...

posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 05:04 PM
link   
Did anyone but me catch the cop contradict himself? In the beginning the cop was stopping him for photographing a federal building at night. After a few minutes....

Cop:"How would you like it if we cant to your house at four in the morning taking pictures. Wouldn't you want to know what were doing?"

Man:"Yea i may come ask you, but you have the right to say no."

Cop:"Yeah that right, you do."

All because they had to get his name and info to keep tabs on him, in case there is a murder or burglary in the area that was reported later. The whole thing just makes me see how transparent cops are. They clearly were not letting him leave till they knew who he was. I thought AZ was a no id state?

posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 05:08 PM
link   
reply to post by JBA2848

Your right there, but its clearly in his hand, or in a shirt pocket looking through a button hole or something.

I have to admit....that creeps me out a bit.

The no lights roll up for the response to a cun carrying camera man isnt right either....the cop was clearly worried about it.

It almost makes me think this may be a setup.......probably undercover with his spy gear making a gag video with his cop buddies on their lunch break. Nothing is out of the realm of possibility now days.

posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 05:11 PM
link   
reply to post by boncho

I concede your very good point ,sublimely put.

posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 05:20 PM
link   
It makes me wonder if they aren't starting to use much more advanced versions of these...

Hidden Camera Detectors

Given the billions they throw around like we have pocket change? They certainly have had the budget for it. Middle of the night would be one of the only times they'd get a clean hit with a specific person too, I'd guess? That may have been an interesting way of tipping a very important capability they have?

I'm thinking protest related too. They've come a long way since Occupy, even given the shockingly short period of time they've spent to do it. Unlimited spending on development buys anything, I guess.

posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 05:31 PM
link   
Police stations and federal buildings with TIA Total Information Awareness. Video camera sees someone on the street. Oh we also picked a cell phone signal. Lets see who the cell phone belongs to. Oh he is using it for recording. What is he recording? He is recording what ever he sees and keeps looking at the buildings. Lets send some units over there. If we ask him questions and act like we don't know any thing about him maybe we can catch him in a lie and detain him. What is your name sir?

And if this is how it played out. What about defense attorneys, public defenders, defendants and even just plain civilian rights on spying? The government is spying on your attorneys in the same way? Your public defender in the same way? You as a defendant in the same way? And just any civilian in the same way?

Now that is a can of worms.

posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 05:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Its also interesting that they have made cell jammers illegal. There should be limitations on them, like only using on property you own. Makes me wonder how many times my phones have lost service because of these things. Im sure the police have them and the capability you intercept your cell calls and texts....hell all your data.

posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 05:55 PM
link   
I don`t see anything wrong with what the cops did,it`s nice to see that some cops are still interested in crime prevention rather than just waiting until a crime has happened and then reacting to it.

We know now that the guy probably wasn`t up to no good but the only reason we know that is because the cops did detain him and ask him some questions.
The only way to know if someone is up to no good is to confront them, if he isn`t doing anything wrong then he has nothing to worry about and shouldn`t mind being asked some questions.

posted on Aug, 11 2013 @ 09:39 AM
link   
reply to post by JBA2848

his f**king camera is what is recording this...why would TPTB hack a phone of a citizen who knows his s h i t, send cops out to him, just to have the citizen rofl stomp the pigs face's with logic and reason?

edit on 11-8-2013 by th3onetruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2013 @ 09:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by JBA2848
reply to post by shaneslaughta

Watch it again. He even said it is in pocket. He had a coffee cup in his hand. They picked up his broadcast signal and tracked him down for what he was recording without even seeing a device for recording. They asked for his sidearm as they asked why are you recording and taking pictures of a police station because they picked up the signal. Not because they seen the device in his hand recording the building.

Can I take your firearm for a minute? Well were concerned of you taking pictures of a federal building. I do photograph as a hobby. Well do you have your camera on you?

They never seen the camera but knew he was recording? They picked up the signal.
edit on 10-8-2013 by JBA2848 because: (no reason given)

uhmm...it's at night, on a city street, he's carrying a gun, he has tactical clothes on, he was spotted taking pictures....I sure as hell wouldn't want to be around this guy, or have any member of my family for that matter....you guys are full of it....I live in Stockton, calif and ever friggin' day there are robberies and violence against ordinary people in broad daylight, let alone at night....sorry OP....I want the police to be able to question this guy. you may live in gooberville, USA...but there are a lot of violent nuts, drug users, gang members, that will not hesitate to F" someone up no matter what the situation is....if you are so friggin' scared...get a CC permit....this isn't the wild west, and it's not a penis display contest.

posted on Aug, 11 2013 @ 10:07 AM
link   

Tonight I set out to test the Phoenix Police Department with a 1st and 4th Amendment test while open carrying. I arrived at the Sandra Day O'Connor Federal Courthouse around 11pm. I parked my truck on Jefferson St and proceeded to walk the courthouse's perimeter and towards the PPD HQ all while taking pictures. I had circled the PPD HQ and was on my way back to my truck when I saw two officers ahead of me about a block away, which is when I activated my camera.

From You Tube. The officer asks, "do you have your camera on you, or is this your cell phone camera?"

This video indicates it is becoming police protocol to identify and list people taking pictures of certain places. This is wrong, because taking pictures is not illegal.
The police are fearful and suspicious. This has been ingrained to the modern cop by their training. That is, they are made to fear very deeply, to the point of paranoia, the boogie man omnipresent "terrorist." I believe this is of design by TPTB; it is how to make the police the peoples' enemy, rather than friend and servant.

This is what is very dangerous. The police departments are becoming militarized, and their officers instilled with fearful aggression, with mind set as a soldier's mind. that is, to seek and destroy the enemy. And they are told THE ENEMY could be anyone, you or me. Contrary, this is, to the classical "serve and protect" convention.

This article is called, "New York Police Ends Practice of Keeping Innocent New Yorkers in Stop-and-Frisk Database". I don't believe that.

In a settlement with the New York Civil Liberties Union, the New York City Police Department agreed to stop storing the names of people who were arrested or issued a summons after being stopped and frisked — and later cleared of any criminal wrongdoing. For years, police have used the database to target New Yorkers for criminal investigations, even though it includes people who were victims of unjustified police stops. Since 2002, the police department has conducted more than five million stops and frisks. The vast majority of those stopped have been black and Latino

See New York as the national model for a police state. Five Million of what happened to the dude in the video.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join