It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bomb attacks in Iraq on Eid al-fitr, 60+ dead

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 04:01 PM
link   
This was just posted on BBC news; a chain of bombings attacks has killed dozens in Baghdad and other cities of Iraq. Apparently this is a continuation of many attacks throughout the past couple months.

A wave of bomb attacks has hit Iraq as people celebrated the Eid al-Fitr festival marking the end of Ramadan, with more than 60 reported dead.
Eleven bombs targeted both Shia and Sunni areas of the capital, Baghdad, hitting cafes, markets and restaurants in at least nine different districts.

Eid al-fitr is a celebrated holiday by the Muslim masses, marking the end of their 30 day fasting period known as Ramadan.

Ramadan is the ninth month of the Islamic calendar; Muslims worldwide observe this as a month of fasting. This annual observance is regarded as one of the Five Pillars of Islam. The month lasts 29–30 days based on the visual sightings of the crescent moon

While fasting from dawn until sunset, Muslims refrain from consuming food, drinking liquids, smoking, and engaging in sexual relations; in some interpretations they also refrain from swearing. Food and drink is served daily, before sunrise and after sunset.

What a sick day to have a chain of attacks
I do not understand how humans can attack eachother like this over beliefs in their little minds.. Its SICK.

This Ramadan in Iraq is thought to have been one of the deadliest in years, with more than 670 people killed.

Most of the violence in the past six months has involved Sunni Islamist militant groups targeting Shia Muslim districts.

More than 4,000 people have died in such attacks this year. A further 9,865 have been injured, with Baghdad province the worst hit.

Thoughts and prayers go out to those innocent people who died in such heartless attacks

posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 04:12 PM
link   
you know, i dont ever recall one Bombing in Iraq when that bad man Saddam was in power, well apart from the gifts we/the west sent him...

posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 05:09 PM
link   
Iraq is so yesterday..... They can bomb the piss out of themselves for all I care. Let them have their cesspool of religious bull poop.

posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 06:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Mamatus

Dont know where that came from

There are still innocent people dying. Kind and caring people who just want to live their life in peace.

If 'Iraq was so yesterday' - why is your american military still occupying their land? I guess that is today huh

Pretty cold response to such a devasting attack..

posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 06:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Soloprotocol
you know, i dont ever recall one Bombing in Iraq when that bad man Saddam was in power, well apart from the gifts we/the west sent him...

Yea.. I dont even want to go there..

I just thought it was a good intent to share such a tragedy, so those who lost their lives dont go un noticed

posted on Aug, 11 2013 @ 01:49 PM
link   
People are people the world over. It is right to have empathy for those who lost family members in these attacks. We are all not so different, that one may "stop caring" about a country of people and not come across as a bigoted, self-righteous, heartless cad.

new topics

top topics

join