It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Radioactive water overruns Fukushima barrier - TEPCO

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 11 2013 @ 05:20 AM
link   
I'm Mutating I can Feel it! Australia's DRINKING Water is RadioActive now and I've been drinking it!

www.independentaustralia.net...

edit on 11/8/13 by fr33kSh0w2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2013 @ 05:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by abeverage
So I guess all those "Conspiracy Nuts" that said the Plant was leaking and this was worse then we were being told were right?

Hmmm does anyone really need any more proof of the MSM and lies we are told?

Yes. And when scientists in Berkeley CA reported how much radiation they found in rain water, they were brushed off and told to stop fear mongering the people.

Radiation from Japan rained on Berkeley, California, during recent storms at levels that exceeded drinking water standards by 181 times. A rooftop water monitoring program managed by the University of California at Berkeley’s Department of Nuclear Engineering detected substantial spikes in rain-borne iodine-131 during those torrential downpours. The levels exceeded federal drinking water thresholds, known as Maximum Contaminant Levels -- or MCLs -- by as much as 181 times or 18,100%. Iodine-131 is one of the most cancer-causing toxic radioactive isotopes spewed when nuclear power plants are in meltdown.

www.businessinsider.com...

Now just think, this warning came two years ago. No one wants to hear it though. They want to slip back into their comfortable existence and shut out the reality of this thing.

posted on Aug, 11 2013 @ 06:00 AM
link   
Also, do searches on radiation that has been found in milk and other foods, especially in California. Again, no one wants to hear of it. Imagine what is going to happen now?

posted on Aug, 11 2013 @ 06:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by bottleslingguy
reply to post by Lone12

you're the one who asked if what you said made sense. it didn't. doesn't mean you aren't on to something it just means you have to work a little harder to make your point coherent to others. Try to string those fragments together and explain what you mean. Communication shouldn't become a guessing game if you want to be understood.

It doesnt make sense to you; Lone knows exactly what she is talking about. Your thoughts and emotions can affect the external world, if you havent figured that out by now. On a large, mass scale, its amplified.

English might not be her native language guy, chill out.

posted on Aug, 11 2013 @ 07:54 AM
link   
Tepco: We’ve known for 2 years that massive amount of water flows under Fukushima plant — Official “unable to explain” why they kept secret

TEPCO knew about water flow two years ago

TEPCO knew about water flow two years ago

A spokesperson for Tokyo Electric Power Company says the company has known for the past 2 years that a massive amount of groundwater was flowing beneath the Fukushima Daiichi power plant.

Masayuki Ono said on Friday that TEPCO experts estimated hundreds of tons of the water could reach the ocean daily.

Ono said the estimate was based on rough records of groundwater that TEPCO workers had collected.

Until last month, TEPCO officials had denied the possibility that contaminated groundwater was leaking into the ocean.

Ono said he is unable to explain why it took two years to disclose this fact.

www3.nhk.or.jp...

Originally posted by Taissa
Also, do searches on radiation that has been found in milk and other foods, especially in California. Again, no one wants to hear of it. Imagine what is going to happen now?

Scientists estimates contaminated water could reach the US west coast in as little as three to five years ..
edit on 11-8-2013 by MariaLida because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2013 @ 08:06 AM
link   
Ummm....
I have a question of these "12 average pools of radioactive stuff" every day in the whole pacific ocean...

Is there any chance that the radioactive stuff in the water is so heavy that it will "just" sink down instead of slowly poisoning the whole ocean?
In other words, could it be that it settles on the bottom of the ocean, thereby sparing us some trouble (hopefully!)

I always thought that Uranium, Plutonium, Caesium etc. are much heavier than water...
Am I on something?

posted on Aug, 11 2013 @ 08:53 AM
link   
Matthew 24

If those days had not been cut short, no one would survive, but for the sake of the elect those days will be shortened.

posted on Aug, 11 2013 @ 10:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Taissa

Originally posted by abeverage
So I guess all those "Conspiracy Nuts" that said the Plant was leaking and this was worse then we were being told were right?

Hmmm does anyone really need any more proof of the MSM and lies we are told?

Yes. And when scientists in Berkeley CA reported how much radiation they found in rain water, they were brushed off and told to stop fear mongering the people.

Radiation from Japan rained on Berkeley, California, during recent storms at levels that exceeded drinking water standards by 181 times. A rooftop water monitoring program managed by the University of California at Berkeley’s Department of Nuclear Engineering detected substantial spikes in rain-borne iodine-131 during those torrential downpours. The levels exceeded federal drinking water thresholds, known as Maximum Contaminant Levels -- or MCLs -- by as much as 181 times or 18,100%. Iodine-131 is one of the most cancer-causing toxic radioactive isotopes spewed when nuclear power plants are in meltdown.

www.businessinsider.com...

Now just think, this warning came two years ago. No one wants to hear it though. They want to slip back into their comfortable existence and shut out the reality of this thing.

ill have to do some more focussed studies. i have so much on my plate already and all are so important. but i came across something not too long ago which explained how radioactive particles can be blocked or channeled away by magnetic forces/frequencies.

i think it was something i was studying on the magnetosphere. perhaps this can be used to purify our air and water as well as contain the particles? i dont know what solutions the science gurus are looking at. but i think we really need to find a way to remove radiation pollution at a much faster rate than the natural rate of decay. perhaps we can change subatomic states manually? at the very least, it could create some sort of shield or barrier.

posted on Aug, 11 2013 @ 10:33 AM
link   
reply to post by ShadeWolf

When you say the nuclear option won't work, I wonder if you're considering everything involved? In looking at this yesterday, I had looked over a good deal of material regarding nuclear blasts and known impact from tests run in the past. The general agreement is that nuclear weapons are not good at outright destruction outside the fireball because they generally have been detonated above ground (As Hiroshima and Nagasaki both were) and frankly, the fireball itself is very small when I really got to looking at it.

100 Kiloton is enormous for power released and many times larger than the ones used in World War II. Yet? Less than 400 meters in diameter would constitute the fireball and space where total destruction through dis assembly at the atomic level takes place. I'd read they are considered very effective in Chemical/Biological accident situations to simply erase what had been there with no further threat of release.

Now we know by physics that material never actually vanishes, despite the reports saying what is within the small radius does basically cease to exist at millions of degrees fahrenheit. What would it actually do, is what I wonder whether anyone has tested? The matter which used to be within the 400 meters becomes....what exactly?

Fall out would be a nasty thing ...but nastier than 300 million gallons a day for months or years flowing into open ocean water? Sooner or later we'll have to look at some VERY nasty options here if the situation keeps getting worse rather than at least become stable.

posted on Aug, 11 2013 @ 11:08 AM
link   
reply to post by MariaLida

(facepalm)

and people wonder why so many of us hate TEPCO with a burning passion. Tokyo has allowed it and enabled them but TEPCO has run this dog and pony show from the start. Run it so well,. we find out they've known this leak of highly radioactive water existed for 2 years but chose not to tell anyone. Now it makes more sense why they wanted the outside world to stay outside. They have their secrets to keep.

@ Thread

I came across something else that may be of interest. Some folks seem to play down the ongoing and very serious threat this still poses on a global basis. If it doesn't get worse, it doesn't pose one. If it does? Well... This next article is out of the Department of Nuclear Engineering, University of California at Berkeley.

Nuclear Expert: Fukushima spent fuel has 85 times more cesium than released at Chernobyl — “It would destroy the world environment and our civilization… an issue of human survival” -Former UN adviser.

It's on their forum and the original source of the article is Energy News

For more context to what they're talking about in the fuel pools? Here are some close up photos inside the plant.

Unit 3 Debris Removal - April / 2013

Unit 4 about a year ago

...and a memory refresher for what actually happened here. This is a photo series well beyond what Media generally had to show anyone at the time, taken shortly after it all went to hell for them.

Early Fukushima Photo Series

TEPCO's official photo series (600 or so photos) from 2011)

With the Official Timeline of detail by detail, what happened from the quake to the end.

I hope this adds a bit more to things.

posted on Aug, 11 2013 @ 01:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by f4cgv2
Ummm....
I have a question of these "12 average pools of radioactive stuff" every day in the whole pacific ocean...

Is there any chance that the radioactive stuff in the water is so heavy that it will "just" sink down instead of slowly poisoning the whole ocean?
In other words, could it be that it settles on the bottom of the ocean, thereby sparing us some trouble (hopefully!)

I always thought that Uranium, Plutonium, Caesium etc. are much heavier than water...
Am I on something?

F4cgv2 - there are two components to radioactive pollution. The actual radioactivity (the rays if you will) will contaminate any material they come into contact with - animal, mineral, vegetable. Over time this activity dissapates - as the newly contaminated contaminates the other things and so forth - Over time - in some cases a long time.

Then there is the chemical contamination or pollution - the actual particles of radio-isotopes. Those will tend to the bottom getting on fish and plants on the way down and being ingested by the same. And then the food chain starts bioaccumulating (consintrating) the material (with it's sometimes small, but very dangerous) along with it's radioacativity.

Basically - it's not good, no way, no how.

posted on Aug, 11 2013 @ 01:50 PM
link   
in an ideal world couldn't we just scoop it up, and shoot it into space?

these idiots have doomed us all and no one cares.

posted on Aug, 11 2013 @ 01:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000

When you say the nuclear option won't work, I wonder if you're considering everything involved? In looking at this yesterday, I had looked over a good deal of material regarding nuclear blasts and known impact from tests run in the past. The general agreement is that nuclear weapons are not good at outright destruction outside the fireball because they generally have been detonated above ground (As Hiroshima and Nagasaki both were) and frankly, the fireball itself is very small when I really got to looking at it.

100 Kiloton is enormous for power released and many times larger than the ones used in World War II. Yet? Less than 400 meters in diameter would constitute the fireball and space where total destruction through dis assembly at the atomic level takes place. I'd read they are considered very effective in Chemical/Biological accident situations to simply erase what had been there with no further threat of release.

Now we know by physics that material never actually vanishes, despite the reports saying what is within the small radius does basically cease to exist at millions of degrees fahrenheit. What would it actually do, is what I wonder whether anyone has tested? The matter which used to be within the 400 meters becomes....what exactly?

Fall out would be a nasty thing ...but nastier than 300 million gallons a day for months or years flowing into open ocean water? Sooner or later we'll have to look at some VERY nasty options here if the situation keeps getting worse rather than at least become stable.

I think (and I'm just an amateur - though I read a lot on this subject too) that the information from underground tests would be more relevant.

An Underground detonation would be more effect in sealing (sic) the ground itself. However, you would still have the problem of the fuel rods themselves - and the area is probably not stable enough to contain (sic) such an explosion - and many things I can think of now.

But perhaps - a micro nuc - underground.

I believe they looked into freezing the ground but am not sure of the outcome of that.

posted on Aug, 11 2013 @ 01:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000

See, in a chemical or biological scenario, a nuclear device does work, because the combined heat and radiation will either degrade (in the case of chemical weapons) or sterilize the materials in the blast. But base elements like the uranium and plutonium oxides in fuel rods are impossible to break down further than splitting off the oxygen atoms and leaving you with pure fissile material (ie. plutonium and uranium). It'll vaporize, sure, but that's even worse because instead of a pile of fuel rods, you'll have a vast, spreading plume of radioactive dust. The best thing to do with spent fuel rods (not only at Fukushima, but everywhere) would be to encapsulate them in hardened storage casks and fire them deep into the earth's crust at places like the Kola Superdeep Borehole or the Pacific deep ocean trenches.

posted on Aug, 11 2013 @ 02:00 PM
link   
In defence of the Japanese ...

And I did bring up the Duty and Honor thing.....

And I am very disappointed and angry about their (and I have to include US in this - it was our tech) handling of this...

They were traumatized by Hiroshima and Nagaski. Traumatized and humiliated.

This may be in large part just a 'bury the head in sand like an ostrich" reaction.

This is a huge lose of face.

And the Japanese are not likely to 'rock any boat' let alone a sinking one.

This is a key example of Group Think.

That all said it's catastrophic irresponsilablity on the part of the Japanese and frankly the rest of the world for letting it go on so long.

The Japanese have to ask for help and it needs to be provided.

This is US technology - plants designed and partly built by US companies - and they have to share in the responsibilty for this mess. All parties must act to find a solution - and stop passing the buck.

It's not a game people.

posted on Aug, 11 2013 @ 02:43 PM
link   
reply to post by covertpanther

whaddaya mean chill out? I was being forthright, sorry for not being sappy

she DID ask if she made sense so wtf

again it's not about being vague and cryptic if you want to make sense and be understood. if she wanted to keep the info to herself why did she try to share?

posted on Aug, 11 2013 @ 03:34 PM
link   
For decades the left has been obsessed with environmental concerns, Gore made millions off of the Global Warming that never existed. This is the most pressing environmental danger that has faced mankind in known history, it has the potential of exterminating all life in the Pacific and rendering much of our farm lands useless, and the nuclear waste may have already killed the Pacific, it just hasn't died yet. Environmental organizations with members willing to die for a whale have kept silent, even though this is probably going to make whales extinct. We should have moved several super tankers and the equipment necessary to fill them with the contaminated water and to process radioactive particles out of the water and we still could. I think the importance of mitigating the environmental impact of this event is worth more than a few tankers. Oil companies could use this as an excuse to raise oil prices, and make millions, still no one with the ability to make a difference with this has attempted to do so, and it effects every nation on earth it's not staying in Japan. This is Obama's Katrina, he'll forever be known as the man who let the world die if this is allowed to continue without a massive international effort.

posted on Aug, 11 2013 @ 04:05 PM
link   
For a while now the enivornmentalist have been quite or the main stream media hasn't given much light on this. In Japan there are many activest trying hard to wake up the people about what is going on, hopefully all those tree huggers can use their annoying voice to really wake people up and let them know this is probably one of the more dangerous environmental situations in modern history.

edit on 11-8-2013 by PaladinRoden because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2013 @ 04:05 PM
link   
I am not trying to make light of a horrible situation, but what kind of effect would this be on a planet where 2/3s of our planet is ocean? Of course, I can see the ramifications in the surrounding areas, but is this going to affect everyone?

Just curious.

posted on Aug, 11 2013 @ 06:03 PM
link   
reply to post by MariaLida

Godzilla, anyone?? I'm waiting for it to pop out of the ocean any day now...

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join