It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Radioactive water overruns Fukushima barrier - TEPCO

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 03:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by abeverage
So I guess all those "Conspiracy Nuts" that said the Plant was leaking and this was worse then we were being told were right?

Hmmm does anyone really need any more proof of the MSM and lies we are told?

I refer you to my Post of the day about Main Stream Media:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 03:17 PM
link   
I watched a friend relieve himself of spent radiator fluid by allowing it to dribble on his driveway. The driveway slanted to the sewer.

I'm like...why not just dump it in the sewer? Why allow all the stuff on your own ground?

In time, it would rain. After enough of this, the driveway was fairly clean of the stuff. During the interim, however, everyone in the immediate area is exposed to it. Perhaps by accepting a certain amount of the poison to accumulate on his shoes, feet, hands and turf, perhaps it enables less guilt? Also it is less conspicuous than just walking to the sewer and pouring it straight in. You are less likely to get caught, or have a snap taken of you, if you're famous.

That is how I am seeing this mess, over there.

# 38

posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 03:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by borntowatch
Everybody who knows, knows that there is nothing anyone can do.
The situation is uncontainable and the Pacific ocean will be dead in years to come.

This was the outcome from the start and cant ever be changed, cept maybe a few aliens and seriously who would believe that. Plenty I would think.

This is the end of the Pacific ocean forever.

I am probably going to sound nuts here, in fact, I feel a bit crazy on this issue. However I'm going to say my peace (spelled that way on purpose).

There is always something that can be done. It's a matter of what sacrafices we are willing to make individualially and collectively for the common could.

Some old unused words here: It's about Honor and Duty. The Japanese are 'supposed' to be the epitomy of those terms; however, we are seeing neither in this circumstanse. It fact, the personal self is 'supposed' to be subordinate to the common welfare. That is the foundation of Duty and Honor. I see none here.

The Russian's, at chernobyl, showed what Honor and Duty mean in their handling of their nuclear crisis. Yes, they tried to hide the danger initially however they soon, listeining to scientists, hearing them and acting on facts, moved to action and asked for help.

Yes they made mistakes (who wouldn't? - You?) and conscipted a quarter million men to extremely hazarous duty but they acted out of duty and honor. In the video "The Battle for/of Chernobyl" you see the men, very afraid, do this horrible work during and after with only duty and honor to sucour them. This disaster is not over yet either let us not forget. But they did the honorable thing for all of us.

Would you? Would I - I cannot say but I like to think that I could if called upon.

On a brighter now, I've heard, that many elderly people in Japan offered to help with clean up to do their duty for the future - with pride and courage. I don't know if their help was actually accepted.

I refer you to the movie K-19 for a fictional treatment of another nuclear disaster handled by Soviets.

Call them commies, hate them all you want. They have shown more courage and honor, then the west even has tried to during our nuclear holocaust.

posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 03:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by shaneslaughta
I have been following fukushima since the start. I have been making update posts about how bad it was but no one cared about them....so i gave up trying to open peoples eyes.

We are totally destroying this planet. We are ruining our only home. This madness needs to stop, we need global energy reform. Hydrogen generators have come along way. People build them in their garage at home.
I think its high time someone started making the tech commercially available.

You stopped tying? Trying is dying. Pretty week dude. Keep trying.

posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 03:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by thoiter

I have been following fukushima since the start. I have been making update posts about how bad it was but no one cared about them....so i gave up trying to open peoples eyes.

I don't think it's true that no-one cares, it's simply that they are helpless to do anything about it.
The planet is run by a bunch of criminal cartels who really don't give a flying f*ck about what the future looks like, so long as they can get mega rich in their own lifetimes. There's nobody to turn to to put things right, because the whole show is corrupt.

We are not helpless.

We may not be able to devise a course of action or participate directly but how about 'praying' about it on a daily and consistance and talking to people about it whereever appropriate. Learn facts and share those facts.

You are not helpless.

posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 03:33 PM
link   
It doesn't really seem that it is a new development. The problem of contaminated water entering the ocean was first admitted a few weeks ago but they didn't know exactly where it was coming from.

It sounds like, that as a result of the pumping they started yesterday, that they have now determined a major source for the release...their barricade. Maybe they can do something about slowing it down now.

14:40 GMT: The level of the contaminated radioactive groundwater under the crippled Fukushima nuclear power plant has risen 60cm above the protective barrier, according to the plant’s operator TEPCO.

This is the main reason why the water is freely leaking into the Pacific Ocean, the operator said.

rt.com...

posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 03:40 PM
link   
I'm going to suggest the unthinkable again because it's again at a crossroads of lose small or lose big. Do we take a big hit once or do we take a bleed out over years? This water is being accumulated by cooling the reactor cores and fuel rods. They don't have any near term plans to even get close, physically, to the core "slag heaps", let alone get all the fuel removed from the upper floor. Years, at this rate.

A 100 Kiloton nuclear device at ground level would be just about the right size to fully encompass the Fukushima Plant within the fireball itself. If I'm not misreading a bunch of technical data (That's the least technical of the bunch), it's total obliteration at the atomic level (literally) for what is within the fireball radius. It's pretty small at under 400 meters across, even at the incredible strength of 100kt. That's how the simulation runs for it though..

Simulation of 100 Kiloton Detonation at Fukushima

They are also in a very beneficial position for off shore winds and downwind being into the open Pacific. I think the Ocean can recover from almost anything done to it over a short term. Hundreds of millions of gallons per day will have a cumulative effect though. So....

Lose small or Lose big? ....and which is which in this case?

*** BIG Question ... would the material at Fukushima act to amplify the blast or would it be irrelevant for just more debris being atomized at the center? Castle Bravo showed some metals can radically increase a yield ..even by accident in that case. I'd hope someone thought to test that with the other endless testing back when it was regularly done.

posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 03:41 PM
link   
what if none of this is happening? I for one don't believe a word
of it and haven't done since the original story broke.

rollercoasters make me sick. that is what the manufactures of this
story would have you on. and it is clear most of you are sick as dogs.

not moi!

posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 03:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000
Just a word of perspective here? Lets all keep perspective on this. Fukushima may be vomiting hundreds of millions of gallons of glowing water each day ..or it may not. Kinda like the reactor cores themselves. They THINK they know where they are and what's happened to them, but theoretical has become the generated reality for lack of anything better in that place.

Still... 300 million gallons of bad water is flowing into a body of water with estimates between 150 and 200 million cubic miles with 10^12 gallons per cubic mile (The number of places makes the digit almost absurd so this is one case where just showing the number/power is probably best).

The bottom line, in my opinion? The WHOLE pacific may or may not see a long term impact from this. Locally though? Well....Castle Bravo was a nuclear test that went multi- megatons OVER intended size by a screw up of material used. It drove the test ban treaties to follow and is one of, if not the worst accident of it's kind in history for size and impact of contamination. I wouldn't go fishing where they detonated it. That's for sure.

So tragic...especially for Japan. Of all the nations. Japan is one almost uniquely defined and dependent upon fishing and the greed/deception of TEPCO with Tokyo may have all but destroyed a good part of that heritage forever.

General reply:
Really, where is the worldwide concern for this?! It sounds like global suicide to me. It might take a long time to come to that, but wow. MSM needs to get on this, in a bigger way. Of course it wouldn't hold the ratings, so we won't see much of it.

Wrabbit2000 reply:
Thank you for some perspective on volume. I was going to ask. I get that even 300 tons per day is only a drop in the bucket, but, at this rate, how long will it take to fill the bucket? Aren't people on the west coast of the US already seeing higher levels of radiation? I know mutated fish have already shown up there.

edit on 10-8-2013 by kmb08753 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 04:07 PM
link   
reply to post by kmb08753

I haven't actually seen evidence of elevated levels of radiation on the US Continental West Coast. I don't know about Alaska or Hawaii for specifics. I was one of those that watched the radiation monitors people had set up with web cams all over as well as the official feeds that run through the present. I just haven't seen it?

I have certainly read about radiation being found and all over the place after Fuku, but that always (as I'd seen the stories) led to local sources that people with their brand new Geiger counters hadn't possessed the tools to find before that. If Fuku did anything positive, it was that for people buying them and wandering out to find things to do with them.

I think the most meaningful impact is going to be local and regional. The sources of the radiation are heavy metal that doesn't really travel. Not across oceans in our lifetime anyway. The radioactive water is a real pain....but that's 10,000 miles of ocean to cross, 30,000+ feet deep. I don't fear the US coasts on this one. (Unless these go BACK into an ongoing melt down....then all bets are off) I DO fear we'll have seafood from the LARGE contaminated areas getting into the food supply by greed and pure self centered humanity though...and the poor Japanese have lost a fair part of their heritage and homeland.

posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 04:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

it's an interesting idea, to nuke it (not to mention ironic). but would a ground level detonation work? if the cores are beneath ground level like if the cores are melting their way down, would they be effected as the surrounding surface would shield it (not to mention rather small holes)? i would almost suspect you would have to get the device IN those holes to make sure to get "the target". lets not forget the "nuclear dome" in Hiroshima, i think it was the only stone building in the area, and it still stands as testament that ROCK doesn't necessarily get wiped out in a "nuke attack". which is one reason i suspect you would need a "device" to be placed if not IN the hole then directly above it to allow full blast to hit the cores, and not be sheltered by the rock in which those cores may have melted holes through. think of the blast like beams of light, if not centered above the hole (i would at least think any holes would be straight down due to gravity), the very rock that the cores have burned through would create "shadows" and thus protect the cores from the blast.

it is a nice simulation, i will have to play with it.
but it really only deals with main blast and fallout. it doesn't show an effect of what would be needed in this case. that being the possibility that the cores have "melted" through the ground.

posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 04:24 PM
link   
reply to post by generik

The cores aren't the main problem as long as they remain stable in whatever form they've found that balance right now. The problem is the outright stupid way these reactors were designed.

Notice where the spent fuel goes? I believe it's an earlier page on this thread I had linked the latest progress reports for fuel rod removal at Unit 3..which can basically be summarized by saying they kinda have the structure built up around it now to at least seriously consider rod removal at some point....hopefully? sooner than latter! Until then, the rods that were there on the day it happened are still there in these units (Those not blown apart anyway)...and still needing cooled more than than cores themselves. The cores already melted down....and those pools hold SO much more in material volume with some read bad stuff in some cases.

posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 04:44 PM
link   
Edger Cases vision of empty ocean where Japan used to be may come true if you nuke the remains of those plants.....
What if the blast doesn't reach the sunken materials but sets them off too?
Or maybe just causes a huge dirty bomb effect?
Maybe it seems a good idea in Missourahay, but out here in the pacific NW it sounds dirty at best......
(what a time to move onto a boat hey?)
Who Knew?
Wrab the Japanese are rumoured to have purchased a couple of the Kiril Islands from the reds...equal to Japans land mass......
Maybe nuking the place is exactly whats on the table?

posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 05:14 PM
link   
It's always worse than they admit.

The Deepwater Horizon is also still releasing oil. Do you see anything about it in the press? No.
10563.3 square miles are totally deprived of oxygen. The level of methane is 100.000 times above average.

The human race is killing itself off, slowly, but surely. All for paper bills that say "In God we trust".

posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 05:55 PM
link   

That whole building is designed to be the second line of defense. Its to be flooded just like they did. They just didn't consider a wave destroying parts of the building thus the meltdown.

If the building had withstood the wave and the generators functioning afterward they should have no problems. Who couldn't imagine a tsunami in an area as seismically active as japan, when they built it.

I call that a MAJOR design flaw.
edit on 10-8-2013 by shaneslaughta because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 06:31 PM
link   
You would think over the past year they would of invested a lot of time and money into making a "leak-proof" wall, obviously knowing this was going to happen at some point in the near future.

Ahh whatever. . Lets just drive this planet into a pit of hell, and go entertain ourselves another day..

(obvious sarcasm)

posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 06:37 PM
link   

That whole building is designed to be the second line of defense. Its to be flooded just like they did. They just didn't consider a wave destroying parts of the building thus the meltdown.

If the building had withstood the wave and the generators functioning afterward they should have no problems. Who couldn't imagine a tsunami in an area as seismically active as japan, when they built it.

I call that a MAJOR design flaw.
edit on 10-8-2013 by shaneslaughta because: (no reason given)

"...they didn't consider a..." Well they **** well should have, with what was/is at stake.

My ex worked periodically on equipment at Diablo Canyon. He told me once (now this was from a man that is known to lie for his own advance without qualm and tell tall tales about friends - so take it for what it's worth - it serves my purpose here) that the designers of the plant designed it such that the operators could live there for a couple of months, a bomb shelter of sorts - problem was they forgot a toilet. Is that our best thinking????

posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 06:40 PM
link   
reply to post by shaneslaughta

Who couldn't imagine a tsunami in an area as seismically active as japan, when they built it.

They did.
Just not one quite as big as the one that broached their seawall.

posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 06:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by covertpanther
You would think over the past year they would of invested a lot of time and money into making a "leak-proof" wall, obviously knowing this was going to happen at some point in the near future.

Ahh whatever. . Lets just drive this planet into a pit of hell, and go entertain ourselves another day..

(obvious sarcasm)

Yep, its not like we dont have to live here or anything. I mean after we irradiate the surface, the water, our food.

posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 06:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Well its between that and the earthquake, im sure that expedited the decay of the building.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join