It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Radioactive water overruns Fukushima barrier - TEPCO

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+20 more 
posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 09:29 AM
link   

Radioactive water overruns Fukushima barrier - TEPCO
Published time: August 10, 2013 14:16

Contaminated groundwater accumulating under the crippled Fukushima nuclear power plant has risen 60cm above the protective barrier, and is now freely leaking into the Pacific Ocean, the plant’s operator TEPCO has admitted.

DETAILS TO FOLLOW

rt.com...

+2 more 
posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 09:59 AM
link   
Around 300 tons of highly radioactive water has been flooding into the pacific ocean on a daily basis for the last 2 years... Tepco only admitted that last week. I am still trying to make sense of that information, the blatant cover up and the almost suicidal lack of action on the part of the Japanese government.

posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 10:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Atzil321
Around 300 tons of highly radioactive water has been flooding into the pacific ocean on a daily basis for the last 2 years... Tepco only admitted that last week. I am still trying to make sense of that information, the blatant cover up and the almost suicidal lack of action on the part of the Japanese government.

Yes, and with today's news, it appears Tepco only brought this back to the table last week, because they anticipated today's developments - the implications of which are likely so grave, that they will be unable to further conceal the situation's reality.
edit on 10-8-2013 by ecapsretuo because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 10:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by ecapsretuo

Originally posted by Atzil321

Yes, and with today's news, it appears Tepco only brought this back to the table last week, because they anticipated today's developments - the implications of which are likely so grave, that they will be unable to further conceal the situation's reality.
edit on 10-8-2013 by ecapsretuo because: (no reason given)

indeed one wonders why they admitted it since it has been ongoing for soo long. i'm getting an eerie feeling it's because it is close to being impossible to hide any longer and the possibilities as to why, worry me.

they have been and could always hide the leaking water now why can they no longer hide what's happening?
million dollar question right there but i have a sinking feeling we will all find out the answer one way or another.

+16 more 
link   
So I guess all those "Conspiracy Nuts" that said the Plant was leaking and this was worse then we were being told were right?

Hmmm does anyone really need any more proof of the MSM and lies we are told?

+1 more 
link   
Eat Drink and Be Merry for tomorrow we may...... Well? Ask TEPCO what tomorrow brings. They seem to have the 411 on our immediate to long term survival situation far better than WE do. It would be nice if they deemed that information open to SHARE with the planet they've doomed by it.

These little twits still see this as a Japanese thing with Japanese implications and long term death......and this is why I've said almost from the start, the site needs taken by force if necessary and administered by international control. Screw these people at this point. THIS stunt has done unthinkable damage.

It's only by the scale of the catastrophe already in progress that such a FLOOD of radiation right into fishing grounds and populated coast lines can be anything but screaming headlines from every paper in the world.

(We've gotten used to catastrophe...so calamity doesn't seem much worse. Ugh)

posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 10:46 AM
link   
Everybody who knows, knows that there is nothing anyone can do.
The situation is uncontainable and the Pacific ocean will be dead in years to come.

This was the outcome from the start and cant ever be changed, cept maybe a few aliens and seriously who would believe that. Plenty I would think.

This is the end of the Pacific ocean forever.

posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 10:54 AM
link   
The truth no one wants to admit is that Fukushima is poisoning the world oceans. All water is connected and will return to where it started. This is more dire than what we talk about. If we kill the ocean, the planet won't be far behind. We don't deserve to have this planet anymore as a species.

posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 11:01 AM
link   
I'm really concerned about this year's typhoon season and the potential effects of a strong one hitting Tokyo and North of it. The Philippines will be getting hit tomorrow, it should be a nice relaxing time, minus the worry of the storm being equivalent to a radioactive blender.

posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 11:05 AM
link   
Captain Birdseye's Fish Fingers..? that was only the start....Just waiting on Captain Birdseye's fish Toes..

Pacific Anything is now on my banned list...no doubt eventually i'll need to upgrade my list to cover Anything from the Atlantic.

posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 11:06 AM
link   
Just a word of perspective here? Lets all keep perspective on this. Fukushima may be vomiting hundreds of millions of gallons of glowing water each day ..or it may not. Kinda like the reactor cores themselves. They THINK they know where they are and what's happened to them, but theoretical has become the generated reality for lack of anything better in that place.

Still... 300 million gallons of bad water is flowing into a body of water with estimates between 150 and 200 million cubic miles with 10^12 gallons per cubic mile (The number of places makes the digit almost absurd so this is one case where just showing the number/power is probably best).

The bottom line, in my opinion? The WHOLE pacific may or may not see a long term impact from this. Locally though? Well....Castle Bravo was a nuclear test that went multi- megatons OVER intended size by a screw up of material used. It drove the test ban treaties to follow and is one of, if not the worst accident of it's kind in history for size and impact of contamination. I wouldn't go fishing where they detonated it. That's for sure.

So tragic...especially for Japan. Of all the nations. Japan is one almost uniquely defined and dependent upon fishing and the greed/deception of TEPCO with Tokyo may have all but destroyed a good part of that heritage forever.

posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 11:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Aye, Bang goes their Sushi...it'll be cooked before is comes out the Ocean

posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 11:23 AM
link   
I wanted to add this, in terms of local nightmares which have yet to play out but still very well may.

Those are typhoon tracks and the shaded circle is geographically centered on the Fuku complex. Since 1958, that shows 16 named Typhoons to have come within 25 miles of the plant. That's center track, of course, not the overall storm itself. The map is a blur of lines, the more Japan as a whole is taken for similar time frames.

.....and at least 2 of the buildings are still partially open and exposed to the outside elements..vulnerable to being torn up, I'd imagine.

NOAA Historic Hurricane (Typhoon) tracks

posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 11:36 AM
link   
Billions of pounds of radioactive waste put into the pacific a year, for the foreseeable future. Super cool, no problem right?

Where is the global outrage?

Where is Obama's anything, or any US official sense the poison is on our shores.

UN anybody?

The morally and economically bankrupt CORPORATION of tepco is in charge. Yes, a disaster that will ruin the planet has the s*&^ty company that caused the problem handling the situation. The UN has more people securing regime change in Syria, something that only affects global fiat currency, then tepco has dealing with this.

I truly don't think there are 1 million planet wide that either know about the problem and its full ramifications or care. More people know Justin Beiber's monkey's name.

posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 11:43 AM
link   
I have been following fukushima since the start. I have been making update posts about how bad it was but no one cared about them....so i gave up trying to open peoples eyes.

We are totally destroying this planet. We are ruining our only home. This madness needs to stop, we need global energy reform. Hydrogen generators have come along way. People build them in their garage at home.
I think its high time someone started making the tech commercially available.

posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 11:52 AM
link   
reply to post by shaneslaughta

Just a final note for awhile on this, as a fellow follower of the story from the start.

I think we're beyond generic "someone" references and it may irritate the Japanese to hear an American say it, but it's not MY nation being killed by this first. It's theirs. As much as folks complain that Americans do nothing to solve our problems? Japan's bugaboo is causing immediate destruction on never before seen levels within the environment, as only one factor.

The Japanese people need to find that spark and zeal that made them one of the most powerful societies in history, less than a century ago. No need for the worst parts, of course...but no one outside the Japanese themselves can stop TEPCO and the Tokyo regime which is and has allowed this from the start.

edit on 10-8-2013 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 12:05 PM
link   
What happened to the Kamikaze spirit of 44....they should be 1000 deep, plugging the leaks with their bottoms.

posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 12:07 PM
link   
Wow, they really crapped in the punch bowl this time, it might only be a little turd to some people but it`s a turd that`s going to be in the punch bowl for a very very long time. combine this turd with all the other ones and the punch bowl is really starting to smell and look like a toilet.

posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 12:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Its not just the Japanese people that have become a mere shadow of their former selves. Many once great nations are starting to crumble just like the roman empire. Truth is, war sparks the flames of development, i mean real war with real fears of reprisal abroad.

Think about our industrial development over the last hundred years. Most of our technological advancement happened during big wars and cough* Police Action.

I really truly believe that "someone" needs to step up to the plate and disband this corporate ideology that is ruining our home.

Thats right i said it, if they were not so greedy about making money from energy.....nuclear energy that is almost free. Its all profit till there is a disaster and someone has to pay the cleanup bill.

The problem is there is no way to stop this disaster, its not like Chernobyl where they put a giant concrete cap over the plant. Japan is an island and the plant is at sea level......who thought that would be a good idea?

Sure its a bunch of cold water to cool the reactor....if it stays a sealed system. We know that didnt happen though. Weather the fuel burned through the bottom of the containment pond, or the water is flowing over the pond walls its all bad news.....cause that fuel must remain cool or it will burn and go into the atmosphere in mass quantities instead of a slow poisoning of the ocean.

Its really a global problem, not just japan....though they may face the wrath first. There needs to be global intervention to stop this before we kill our selves.

Unless that's the plan and TPTB have an earth evacuation plan and a new planet that they plan to reseed humans on. It would figure that the ones who allowed the mess would be the ones to leave first....after all they have most of the wealth in their back pockets.

Im somewhat glad i haven't had any kids, this way i dont have to worry about them growing up on this polluted rock and suffer some horrible fate that awaits the human race.

I digress

posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 12:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by shaneslaughta
I have been following fukushima since the start. I have been making update posts about how bad it was but no one cared about them....so i gave up trying to open peoples eyes.

I don't think it's true that no-one cares, it's simply that they are helpless to do anything about it.
The planet is run by a bunch of criminal cartels who really don't give a flying f*ck about what the future looks like, so long as they can get mega rich in their own lifetimes. There's nobody to turn to to put things right, because the whole show is corrupt.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join