It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help me find a small town.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 08:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pixiefyre
reply to post by TDawgRex

Eagle River! the population is much smaller than requested, there are plenty of above ground water resources, the people are great, the nights are dark and quiet.

There seems to be many Eagle Rivers. Which one?

posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 09:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wookiep
This is pretty close to what you are looking for:

Golden Colorado

Denver is too big of a "hub" city. Looks good, though. Thanks.

posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 09:13 PM
link   
reply to post by shells4u

The Missoula area looks great. I want a bigger town than 350 people. Thanks.

posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 09:17 PM
link   
reply to post by TDawgRex

Thanks for the idea. It does look like a fun city to visit. Perhaps something else will come to mind. Thanks.

posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 09:53 PM
link   
reply to post by NotThat

damascus virginia, mountains, rivers ,lakes, appalachian trail, white people.

nuff said

posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 10:03 PM
link   
About 100k population, good medical care, and natural waterways are the priorities, eh?

You may want to check some of the smaller surrounding communities near Rochester, MN. According to Wiki "The U.S. Census Bureau estimated 2012 population is 108,992".

They do call Minnesota "the land of 10,000 lakes" for a reason. No shortage of natural waterways and lakes!

As for medical care... The Mayo Clinic is world renowned for their medical staff, facilities, and cutting edge innovations.

Good luck on your hunt!
edit on 8/10/13 by redmage because: added Wiki link

posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 10:49 PM
link   
To refine my suggestion a bit further. I'd check out Red Wing MN. It's an artsy little community on the Mississippi River with a population in the 16-17k range (a little high, but not much higher than 15k). It's located about an hour north of Rochester (top-notch medical care less than a 90 min drive away), and about an hour southeast of Minneapolis/Saint Paul for any major sporting events, concerts, Guthrie Theater performances, etc.

Again, best of luck on the hunt!

posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 10:53 PM
link   
You should check out flagstaff Arizona it's an amazing place

posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 10:58 PM
link   
reply to post by NotThat

Please read this book before relocating. It includes everything you have asked for in the OP as far as information, plus more.

Strategic Relocation: North American Guide to Safe Places

Attention: that is NOT an affiliate link. But if anyone would like to commission me for the tip, send a U2U, I'll be happy to accept.

posted on Aug, 11 2013 @ 12:24 AM
link   
reply to post by NotThat

I live in the 100 mile radius of Madison, WI - I work in Madison - it's all right where I am for right now - but can't wait to retire and move up to the Winona, MN area - Rochester, MN, EauClaire, WI, LaCrosse, Wi and northward to Red Wing, MN, Eagle River, Wi -

It's really nice and peaceful up there - my BF's from Alma, WI -

Medical care - Rochester, MN

Big Cities - Minneapolis, Madison, Chicago not too far away - if you want that.

Hello all you WI and MN people on here.

posted on Aug, 11 2013 @ 12:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Happy1

I want to add that I've thought about moving and Montana, North Carolina, and Mossouri (Why can't I spell that right?) were places I've thought about.

posted on Aug, 11 2013 @ 01:10 AM
link   
Howell, Mi give it a look up when you go through the list.
Lots of local lakes and rivers. 45 minutes from one of the best hospitals in the world ( U of M ).
Lots of art and local festivals and farmers markets. Lots of little places to explore.
It had a bad past but I assure its just that the past.

posted on Aug, 11 2013 @ 01:31 AM
link   
reply to post by NotThat

Traverse City, Michigan
population: 14,900

Education:
Northwestern Michigan College
Great Lakes Maritime Academy
Northwestern Michigan College University Center
Traverse Bay Area Career-Tech Center
Western Michigan University - branch campus
Interlochen Arts Academy - Fine Arts Boarding and Day School located 20 minutes outside of Traverse City

Traverse City Film Festival, City Opera House, Munson Medical Center, Cherry Capital Airport....

posted on Aug, 11 2013 @ 03:44 AM
link   
There are plenty in Australia. All around Shoalhaven, along the coast. Beautiful places, really clean and easy going, 2hours from Canberra, 35-50 Minutes from Nowra, 90mins from Sydney. That's where I'm heading when I evenutally retire.

posted on Aug, 11 2013 @ 07:31 AM
link   
If you want a small town like you say...then pick a climate you want. Once you find that, you look for the states and areas that have what your looking for, then you find the city that will be good enough for your medical needs or whatever it is...and you draw a circle around that city on the map, and find your new home....the choices are up to you, so you have to figure that all out for yourself.

posted on Aug, 11 2013 @ 09:31 AM
link   
reply to post by retropekim

980 people is too small. Very cool town. Thanks

posted on Aug, 11 2013 @ 09:40 AM
link   
Take a look at Vidor, Texas. You will definitely not be a minority, plus close to lots of bigger cities, Louisiana gambling, and plenty of water in the gulf of Mexico.

The racial makeup of the city was 97.33% White, 0.07% African American, 0.52% Native American, 0.19% Asian, 0.03% Pacific Islander, 0.66% from other races, and 1.21% from two or more races. Hispanic or Latino of any race were 3.49% of the population.

Wiki

posted on Aug, 11 2013 @ 09:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by redmage
To refine my suggestion a bit further. I'd check out Red Wing MN. It's an artsy little community on the Mississippi River with a population in the 16-17k range (a little high, but not much higher than 15k). It's located about an hour north of Rochester (top-notch medical care less than a 90 min drive away), and about an hour southeast of Minneapolis/Saint Paul for any major sporting events, concerts, Guthrie Theater performances, etc.

Again, best of luck on the hunt!

Red Wing looks wonderful! No college, but everything else. Thanks!

posted on Aug, 11 2013 @ 09:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kaleidoscopelives
You should check out flagstaff Arizona it's an amazing place

Sedona is on my list but I am not sure about water. Thanks.

posted on Aug, 11 2013 @ 10:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Happy1
reply to post by Happy1

I want to add that I've thought about moving and Montana, North Carolina, and Mossouri (Why can't I spell that right?) were places I've thought about.

We are also considering Washington and Oregon.
Thanks

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join