It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Spaceships of Ezekiel (Revisited)

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 02:47 PM
link   
Nicely put together certainly some points stand out like the glowing metal and 4 beings i didn't know about this either so Thankyou.

posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 03:15 PM
link   
Brilliant thread. S&F

I have more than once read this chapter of the bible and tried to imagine what Ezekiel describes.

In my opinion he is describing an advanced technological apparatus beyond any doubt. I also remember he wrote something about wheels within wheels, which reminded me of some sort of turbines.

posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 03:36 PM
link   
reply to post by jeep3r

Hi jeep3r s&f for the effort like the renders he is supposed to describe it as creature(s) not a machine

Also regarding this.

Originally posted by jeep3r
Personally, I think Ezekiel's account contains so much technical information that it would be very difficult to explain it all away as hallucinations due to drugs or an overly active imagination.

Really I think many a good author would argue that point and junkie for that matter

posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 03:47 PM
link   
Most artist renderings look nothing like what you've posted. You should watch the last part of ancient aliens debunked. There is a great part on Ezekiel's vision.

posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 04:45 PM
link   
outstanding illustrations. its fun to read the descriptions and see the artists vision. very well done. i enjoyed this a lot !!

posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 05:14 PM
link   
reply to post by jeep3r

And Enoch maybe an abduction experience. there is a lot of interesting things in the accounts of Enoch!

Behold, in the vision clouds invited me and a mist summoned me, and the course of the stars and the lightnings sped and hastened me, and the winds in 9 the vision caused me to fly and lifted me upward, and bore me into heaven. And I went in till I drew nigh to a wall which is built of crystals and surrounded by tongues of fire: and it began to affright 10 me.

And I went into the tongues of fire and drew nigh to a large house which was built of crystals: and the walls of the house were like a tesselated floor (made) of crystals, and its groundwork was 11 of crystal. Its ceiling was like the path of the stars and the lightnings, and between them were 12 fiery cherubim, and their heaven was (clear as) water. A flaming fire surrounded the walls, and its 13 portals blazed with fire. And I entered into that house, and it was hot as fire and cold as ice: there 14 were no delights of life therein: fear covered me, and trembling got hold upon me. And as I quaked 15 and trembled, I fell upon my face.

And I beheld a vision, And lo! there was a second house, greater 16 than the former, and the entire portal stood open before me, and it was built of flames of fire. And in every respect it so excelled in splendour and magnificence and extent that I cannot describe to 17 you its splendour and its extent. And its floor was of fire, and above it were lightnings and the path 18 of the stars, and its ceiling also was flaming fire. And I looked and saw therein a lofty throne: its appearance was as crystal, and the wheels thereof as the shining sun, and there was the vision of 19 cherubim. And from underneath the throne came streams of flaming fire so that I could not look 20 thereon. And the Great Glory sat thereon, and His raiment shone more brightly than the sun and 21 was whiter than any snow.

None of the angels could enter and could behold His face by reason 22 of the magnificence and glory and no flesh could behold Him. The flaming fire was round about Him, and a great fire stood before Him, and none around could draw nigh Him: ten thousand times 23 ten thousand (stood) before Him, yet He needed no counselor. And the most holy ones who were 24 nigh to Him did not leave by night nor depart from Him. And until then I had been prostrate on my face, trembling: and the Lord called me with His own mouth, and said to me: ' Come hither, 25 Enoch, and hear my word.' And one of the holy ones came to me and waked me, and He made me rise up and approach the door: and I bowed my face downwards.

www.ccel.org...

posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 05:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by jeep3r
Thanks for all your replies up to now, that's highly appreciated!

Actually, I didn't really expect this topic to be of such interest but I'm glad it still causes some discussions. As mentioned in the OP, it's just a visualization that might help our imagination a bit in terms of 'seeing' a rough version of what Ezekiel himself might have seen.

Ezekiel describes the Throne of God here, using some of the standard descriptive terms associated with said Throne from other books of the Bible:

The vision that Ezekiel saw that is in question can also be drawn out on paper using his specifications, and people that do this all pretty much get the same thing. It is describing the throne of God, which rests on a platform, that platform is supported by four Cherubim on each corner. (Cherubs are specific types of angels in the bible that have four faces and several wings; there are also four wheels next to the angels).

Mike Heiser: “Everyone in the field knows what this is in Ezekiel One: It’s a cherubim throne, because we have very clear examples of the elements that you find in Ezekiel One.”

SNIP

eiser: “Bloomrichs’ book and other books penned by ancient astronaut theorists all have the same weakness: They tend to ignore the vocabulary of Ezekiel chapter one. For instance, the throne upon which Yahweh seats is never described as round or silvery or some sort of disk shape. That just has to be assumed and brought into the text. So they either do that, or they modernize the descriptions that are there, for instance the bovine with the calf legs must surely be legs of a UFO or some other aircraft.”

SNIP

Heiser: “The other places in the Hebrew Bible that describe God’s throne don’t have a lot of detail. Isaiah 6 is a familiar example where Isaiah appears before God’s throne with the Seratheme and other divine beings there. I think the best one for this particular issue is found in Daniel 7. You have the ancient of days seated upon a throne and it’s called a throne – the word for throne actually appears in the passage. The issue there is, since we know it’s a throne because Daniel calls it a throne, it’s really important to observe how the throne is described. It has wheels. It has fiery descriptions. Scholars have known for a long time that the description of the throne in Daniel 7 has the same elements as that in Ezekiel 1, so it’s very clearly a throne, and some of the other passages help us understand that.” - See more at: ancientaliensdebunked.com...

Fairly straightforward then. Ezekiel is claiming to have had a visitation from God, which is what Ezekiel says in the first place, isn't it?

Harte

posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 05:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rosinitiate
Yes but when he spoke, he clearly states that he shined like metal. Not it shined like metal right?

When he spoke of the creatures i can concede that perhaps some technology was involved but I don't think you re giving the author enough credit when he is describing what he is seeing given such a detailed account.

I'm a firm believer that what Ezekiel saw was certainly technology beyond his comprehension but just as a baby can understand the basic premise of something even without knowing what it is, I'd say Ezekiel could too.

So if he says he saw a man, then it was a man even if this man doesn't hail from earth.
edit on 10-8-2013 by Rosinitiate because: (no reason given)

Add a shapeshifting liquid metal of alien origin and technology suit and there you have the he shined like metal.

Thruthseek3r

posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 05:40 PM
link   
Ezekiel's "spaceship" was a Merkaba. The bible has many layers of intentionally hidden meaning for the initiated to grasp and the benighted to interpret literally.

-MM
edit on 10-8-2013 by MerkabaMeditation because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 05:41 PM
link   
reply to post by jeep3r

Excellent thread and very clever use and design of the graphics

That's quite a talent you've got there!

posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 06:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by _BoneZ_

Originally posted by geobro
maybe ezekiel was smoking something
you just never know what they got up to back then yip thats it they were mad stoners case closed

I know you're probably being sarcastic here, but the religious folk still believe Ezekiel was just having a vision. I'm sorry, but you're not going to have a vision of technology that won't be invented for thousands of years, no matter what you smoke i read erich van danikens take on it many years ago but they called him crazy for suggesting it if i remember wright

edit on 10/8/13 by geobro because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 06:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Argyll
reply to post by jeep3r

Excellent thread and very clever use and design of the graphics

That's quite a talent you've got there!

And how! Oh god im sorry, im turning into a american.

posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 07:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by MerkabaMeditation
Ezekiel's "spaceship" was a Merkaba. The bible has many layers of intentionally hidden meaning for the initiated to grasp and the benighted to interpret literally.

-MM
edit on 10-8-2013 by MerkabaMeditation because: (no reason given)

"merkaba" or "thing to ride in" (as in a ship) does not specify that it has to have intentionally hidden meaning. If you hold the opinion that it was not an otherworldly craft, you are entitled to that opinion but to say that calling it a merkaba indicated anything else than a chariot or thing to ride in... doesn't really say anything substantial to me.

maybe you would do better to find other sources in the bible of deliberately hidden meaning in visions and compare that to this subject, but i wouldn't use dream visions because they are usually abstract anyway and the reality seems to be that this certainly was no dream...and that the Lord had a thing about incinerating things (and people) with fire... like some kind of beam. I would hardly call that a vision.

What I have always found interesting is that this disembodied spirit or light being as some would describe the Lord... had a practice of getting people to cook for him... like clock work.
edit on 10-8-2013 by NotAnAspie because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 07:39 PM
link   
2nd Kings chapter 2 also mentions a space ship . Elijah was taken up in a fiery chariot

posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 07:44 PM
link   
I remember reading up on this - very interesting ! I never would of thought that such events could have happened back in the past until I arrived at this forum. Nice post~

posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 08:02 PM
link   
reply to post by jeep3r

Well do I have to state the obvious? First understand we are nearing technological advancement in aircraft that soon the "Rotor" will be obsolete.

Do you really think a race that is so advanced they overcame interstellar travel that they would uses machines that beat the air for flight? Wings, rotors and propellers, even jet engines would be obsolete. Talk about reaching.

posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 08:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by LoneGunMan
reply to post by jeep3r

Well do I have to state the obvious? First understand we are nearing technological advancement in aircraft that soon the "Rotor" will be obsolete.

Do you really think a race that is so advanced they overcame interstellar travel that they would uses machines that beat the air for flight? Wings, rotors and propellers, even jet engines would be obsolete. Talk about reaching.

Unless they were an advanced race on earth.

posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 10:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by LoneGunMan
Do you really think a race that is so advanced they overcame interstellar travel that they would uses machines that beat the air for flight?

We have no idea what kind of technology an alien civilization utilizes. We can't even fathom the technology they would use for interstellar travel. Yes, there could be an advanced civilization that has amazing interstellar capabilities, but still uses rockets and rotors for in-atmosphere flight.

Hence why there are so many references to "fiery chariots" and how other craft in the bible emanated "smoke and fire" while making the ground "quake". Those biblical descriptions sound exactly like some sort of rocket-powered technology.

You can have advanced space-folding or warp-type engines for interstellar travel on your ship, but maybe the most efficient way for in-atmosphere flight will be better versions of rockets, jets, and rotors?

But you can't sit there and claim that other civilizations won't use that type of "primitive" technology until they actually come down here and show us. Because everything else is just pure speculation until then.

posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 10:33 PM
link   
reply to post by jeep3r

Awesome job, OP!! Definitely S&F!

Thank you for sharing that with us.

Now I have to go back and read all the posts.

posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 11:13 PM
link   
Nothing short of amazing. These renditions are spectacular. These renditions take one of the most obscure and confusing sections of the Bible and bring it to life. Wow, and thank you for sharing.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join