It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

More Guns, Equal, Less Gun Crime: FACT!!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 06:11 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag

I was being snarky. I fully believe that an armed society is a polite society; provided that there is the existence of 'society' in the first place. These densely populated urban areas, rife with moral decay, illicit drug use and undesirables breeding at a breakneck pace, all while perpetuating their brand of 'society' are your key factors for inner city violence, not simply the existence of firearms. If there were no .25cal, .38cal or 9mm pistols left in the country these people would merely change their methods of perpetuating carnage.

When SHTF I fully expect these places to be devoid of nearly all life within a week, because they'll simply eat each other.

edit on 12-8-2013 by Lipton because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 06:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lipton
reply to post by seabag

I was being snarky. I fully believe that an armed society is a polite society. The densely populated urban areas, rife with moral decay, illicit drug use and undesirables breeding at a breakneck pace are your key factors for gun violence, not merely the existence of firearms.

You're exactly right.....and I understood you!

It's a fact of life. When you have the conditions you described, coupled with laws that deprive the average law abiding citizen of his/her means of self defense, you get elevated violent crime rates.

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 07:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by seabag

By the way, those areas already have the strictest gun control laws in place. How's that working out?

Everywhere other than the US, quite well.

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 08:39 AM
link   
reply to post by JuniorDisco

I beg to differ. I guess you missed the violent crime stats I posted for UK. Violent crime is skyrocketing there and guns have been all but gone since 1988. In fact, UK has the worst violent crime in Europe. Again, how's that disarmament working out?

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 09:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by seabag
reply to post by JuniorDisco

I beg to differ. I guess you missed the violent crime stats I posted for UK. Violent crime is skyrocketing there and guns have been all but gone since 1988. In fact, UK has the worst violent crime in Europe. Again, how's that disarmament working out?

I guess you missed my earlier post. Violent crime is plummeting in the UK.

www.independent.co.uk...

Your graph is plotted in a deliberately misleading manner with axes designed to make the gun ownership decline look precipitous, and anyway it ends 20 years ago. Even then it fails in its goal because the crime rate was still rising before guns were abandoned. But the key point is this: violent crime is declining fast in the UK. Gun ownership is clearly not even a correlative.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join