It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bat Bombs

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 05:16 AM
link   
This is new to me with out a search....I learned that the states actually had this planned before Hiroshima.I was thinking rabie bats at first...but exploding bats beneath the cover of dark
en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 05:38 AM
link   
reply to post by SarnholeOntarable

It's a bit outlandish...okay, more than 'a bit'...more like a full gig's worth of outlandish, but it probably would've worked, based on how well it accidentally worked at Carlsbad AFB.
I can't help but wonder if it wouldn't' have been more effective to simply drop the incendiaries directly on targets.

Just to keep in the spirit of things, I'll see your bat bombs, and raise you a chicken-powered nuclear device

posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 05:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Brother Stormhammer

Oh wow...
...How about a nice game of chess?rationalwiki.org...

posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 06:03 AM
link   
Was this the second choice if fatman and little boy fizzled?
Not really a fan of stinking ,disease carrying rodents but Its good to have a backup plan and they do come with their own radar.

posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 11:18 AM
link   
reply to post by SarnholeOntarable

I read about that one recently, the british military tried similar tests with seals before world war one trying to make them into living torpedos.
Those are some of the weirder ideas that people come up with.

posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 11:21 AM
link   
This was featured Saturday or Sunday morning last weekend when the History Channel did a whole block of "weird weapons" shows.

The bat bomb actually worked in tests. They were able to drop a bunch of napalm carrying bats and burn down a mock village.

The A bomb made it obsolete before they were able to use the bat bomb on Japan though.

If you see a bat call homeland security. Bin Laden may have strapped a bomb to its back.

posted on Sep, 8 2013 @ 11:09 PM
link   
I actually read a book when I was quite younger that had to do with the government capturing bat's and owls, and strapping little bomb rings on them.. Silverwing? I think that's the name of the title. Wonderful read. S&F for reminding me of a great book.

posted on Sep, 8 2013 @ 11:18 PM
link   
The Pidgeon-Guided Missile

During World War II, Project Pigeon (later Project Orcon, for "organic control") was American behaviorist B. F. Skinner's attempt to develop a pigeon-guided missile. The control system involved a lens at the front of the missile projecting an image of the target to a screen inside, while a pigeon trained (by operant conditioning) to recognize the target pecked at it. As long as the pecks remained in the center of the screen, the missile would fly straight, but pecks off-center would cause the screen to tilt, which would then, via a connection to the missile's flight controls, cause the missile to change course.

www.military.com...

Actual footage is at link.
edit on 8-9-2013 by Tinkerpeach because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join