It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.
Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.
Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.
Three-month-old in flames stuns city docs
Chennai (India): Rahul was virtually in flames four times since he was born. He is two-and-a-half months old. Doctors say it is due to a rare condition called spontaneous human combustion. Afflicted with the disorder seen only in 200 people across the world in the past 300 years, the child is undergoing treatment at the Kilpauk Medical College Hospital, Chennai.
Rahul, a native of a village near Tindivanam, was nine days old when he first “caught fire” in front of his mother Rajeshwari’s eyes, despite there being no source of fire in the vicinity. Rajeshwari took him to the Villupuram Medical College, from where the baby was discharged three days later.
After coming home, he suffered burns again.
“Doctors say he is a healthy child and his organs are fine. The last time he caught fire was a fortnight ago, and this time it was head to toe,” said Rajeshwari.
Paediatrician Dr Narayana Babu, who is treating Rahul, said the baby emitted highly combustible gas through the pores of his skin, which made him catch fire. “We have not identified the gas yet.
Originally posted by felixjames20
Originally posted by OrionHunterX
But the amazing part is that there seems to be no adverse effects on the kid!
Originally posted by Phage
reply to post by elouina
I think that I would tend to believe Maunchaussens By Proxy before multiple spontaneous combustions of a baby.
"Honey. The baby is on fire again."