It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Two British girls attacked with acid in Tanzinia

page: 1
5

log in

join
share:

posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 02:36 AM
link   

"Two men on a moped threw acid at Katie Gee and Kirstie Trup on Wednesday evening as they strolled through Stone Town, the historical centre of the capital of the semi-autonomous Tanzanian archipelago, splashing their faces and chests. [...] The two women were spending three weeks doing volunteer teaching in a local school, a placement organised through i-to-i Travel, a Kent, Britain-based company that organises Gap year volunteer work."

ABC
SMH

The country's president maintains it's not a religiously motivated attack, despite over a third of the country being Islam affiliated and the girls being of Jewish derivation (and not wearing the customary Hessian sack with gauze visor over their faces at the time) -





posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 03:30 AM
link   
right. Peaceful people and religion.

My ass.






Oh,should say something that's PC.

This attack is in no way shape or form related to Islam or its people!!



edit on 10-8-2013 by nightstalker78 because: (no reason given)



posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 03:36 AM
link   
I created a thread on this the other day and didn't get a single reply.


It's Zanzibar, by the way, not "Tanzinia"[sic]



posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 05:45 AM
link   
I've seen this reported on the UK news, the story isn't that they were attacked but that the attack wasn't anything to do with religion..



posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 06:01 AM
link   
Never mind colour, creed or religion, what kind of sick retarded whackjob attacks two women with acid???



posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 06:19 AM
link   
This is truly kind of sick attacks, hate people doing this, but two British and Jewish in Zanzibar doing voluntary teaching of what..??

If they were Christians then I could blame their missionary projects but Jewish..?



I don’t get it…

edit on 10-8-2013 by amkia because: (no reason given)



posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 07:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by CJCrawley
I created a thread on this the other day and didn't get a single reply.


It's Zanzibar, by the way, not "Tanzinia"[sic]

Zanzibar is on an isle but part of Tanzania right and its located on the east coast in the middle of Africa not in the middle east.
Unfortunately it happens everywhere, Africa middle east India and Japan where it was thrown from high rise on unexpecting pedestrians.



posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 08:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by andy06shake
Never mind colour, creed or religion, what kind of sick retarded whackjob attacks two women with acid???






That's like saying "never mind the large teeth, the sleek shape, the hunting instinct and the need to feed, what kind of great white shark attacks people?"



posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 09:54 AM
link   
reply to post by seabhac-rua
 


"That's like saying "never mind the large teeth, the sleek shape, the hunting instinct and the need to feed, what kind of great white shark attacks people?"

What kind of Human being does this kind of thing to another's probably a better question to ask?

The mind boggles!

edit on 10-8-2013 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)



posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 11:28 AM
link   
reply to post by andy06shake
 


The kind of human that is motivated by religious zeal. The annals of human history contain mostly stories of people doing horrible things to other people in the name of religion.

What I find particularly alarming, beside the content of this particular story, is the scramble made by some people to claim that this kind of thing has nothing to do with religion, namely Islam, when it is as plain as the nose on your face that it has nothing to do with anything but Islam.



posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 01:00 PM
link   
reply to post by seabhac-rua
 


You don't need to convince me of the evils Islamic Sharia law followers bestow upon this world.

The manner and fashion in which they treat the fairer sex is lets just say questionable at the very least.



posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 10:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by CJCrawleyIt's Zanzibar, by the way, not "Tanzinia"[sic]

Well, Zanzibar is in Tanzania...



Originally posted by moonrunner
I've seen this reported on the UK news, the story isn't that they were attacked but that the attack wasn't anything to do with religion..

Right. Two 'white' females who 'happen to be' of Jewish derivation get acid splashed on them 'randomly' by men on bikes... 'Cause that's just what can 'happen'.



Originally posted by andy06shake
Never mind colour, creed or religion, what kind of sick retarded whackjob attacks two women with acid???

The 'many' kind - BBC


Originally posted by seabhac-rua
reply to post by andy06shake
 


The kind of human that is motivated by religious zeal. The annals of human history contain mostly stories of people doing horrible things to other people in the name of religion.

What I find particularly alarming, beside the content of this particular story, is the scramble made by some people to claim that this kind of thing has nothing to do with religion, namely Islam, when it is as plain as the nose on your face that it has nothing to do with anything but Islam.

It's called 'damage' control. If people start thinking this kind of thing is genuinely on the rise (which it kind of is, but has existed in the Middle-East / Asia for a long time) then tourism numbers would plummet. The economic impacts and civil instability that would ensure are obvious. >Damage control



posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 10:39 PM
link   
reply to post by InvasiveProbing
 


nevermind, "How can a man do this to a woman?" - but , "how can one human due this to another?"

There's lots of horrible pictures of acid attacks on muslim women on the internet - I sure hope these two teenage girls are not scarred for life - both physically and mentally.

Sharia law - Evil.



posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 10:51 PM
link   
Picture speaks a thousand words - disgusting what they did to these girls.




posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 11:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Happy1
reply to post by InvasiveProbing
 


nevermind, "How can a man do this to a woman?" - but , "how can one human due this to another?"

There's lots of horrible pictures of acid attacks on muslim women on the internet - I sure hope these two teenage girls are not scarred for life - both physically and mentally.

Sharia law - Evil.



Sharia law=Evil

Now, if you like to be Muslim hater is your choice, but where in sharia law exactly says it is ok to splash acid on the other being..?

Call it collateral damage then (since war on terror is actually war on Islam) so what happen here could be translated as such, again.. This happen every freaking day by US and her allies by drone bombing, military activities killing hundreds of innocent people in Muslim countries and laugh about it.

What LAW is that..?



posted on Aug, 11 2013 @ 06:58 AM
link   
reply to post by amkia
 

So, do you contend that if there was no 'war on terror' then all of a sudden Muslim extremists around the world would stop attacking people, stop fighting, cease their jihad, start respecting non-muslims, free speech and women in general?



posted on Aug, 11 2013 @ 08:01 PM
link   
For the fundamentalist naïvety sector who are unconvinced this kind of barbarism has a strong correlation to the retard's brain rot affectionately termed 'religion' - Muslim preacher wanted in connection with acid attacks.




posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 03:09 AM
link   
Tanzania can in no sense at all be considered to be in the "Middle East".

What on earth possessed the OP to post that story in this sub-forum?



posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 09:05 AM
link   
I can't believe this kind of incident is still happening. Isn't there a way to limit the selling of acid to the general public?



new topics

top topics



 
5

log in

join