It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kahr Firearms flees from New York gun laws

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 02:09 AM
link   
www.csmonitor.com...

Kahr is a somewhat pretty well known firearms manufacturer. They're not as well known as other companies, such as Glock for example though.

A firearms manufacturer in New York, partially blaming the state's new gun control law, said Wednesday it's moving its corporate offices — and its plans for expansion — to Pennsylvania.

"We're looking for a more friendly environment for our business," said Frank Harris, Kahr's vice president for sales and marketing. "Maybe we could have stayed here and built a plant, but the way the bill was passed left us feeling there were a lot of uncertainties going forward."

Kahr announced they're moving a few days ago, and I haven't been able to find any threads on this yet, so I thought I may as well put this out there for those that haven't heard about this yet. Im glad Kahr is up and leaving NY.

posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 02:20 AM
link   
reply to post by buni11687

Why don't they move to TEXAS .. ? Everyone else is.

Doesn't PA have an Open Carry Law?

New York is going to be surprised when they discover that they are shooting themselves in the foot with these gun laws. In the end they will find that making laws doesn't keep criminals from breaking them.

Way to go New York. . ..

posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 02:31 AM
link   
reply to post by ShadellacZumbrum

Why don't they move to TEXAS .. ? Everyone else is.

I sure wish they would. We have the Colt Competition rifle manufacturers building a new manufacturing plant somewhat close to my area in N.Texas. Im still wondering where Magpul is moving to, and also am wondering what Beretta is going to do since they recently said they're looking to leave Maryland.

As for PA open carry....Im not 100% sure. I don't believe they are as friendly as other states, such as Arizona or Alaska.

posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 02:41 AM
link   
reply to post by buni11687

It is somewhat funny (in a strange way) how there is so much activity there is with the gun manufactures since the mess with gun control gained speed last year.

new topics

top topics

join