It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Christian Russia's role in prophecy.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2013 @ 11:03 PM
link   
Just a quick discussion starter :

Russia, the formerly atheistic state that once persecuted Christians, is today experiencing a resurgence of Christianity. Russia seems to be powerful militarily and economically. Russia has been enforcing laws to secure the family and contain alternate lifestyles . Also, their leader is Christian, part of the Russian Orthodox church.

So in the light of this, what do you suppose Christian Russias role in prophecy would be?

I have heard many Christians say they believe that Russia is Gog / Magog and would be hostile towards Israel, only to end in destruction and defeat. I have also heard that Vladmir Putin is Gog, leader of Magog - supposedly identified by eschatologists as Russia.

If Russia is indeed Gog / Magog and given the recent rise of Christianity in Russia, do Christians still believe that Gog / Magog would actually be Christians?

What are your expectations for Russia during the end times?

Discuss.

Further reading :
This blog has an interesting collection of articles, quotes and videos.

edit on 9-8-2013 by sk0rpi0n because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2013 @ 11:12 PM
link   
I think that although there is a great Christian revival in Russia, it is a small window of opportunity before the hammer comes down. In the end times, God is supposed to pour His spirit on all people. This is happening now. Africa is experiencing unprecedented revival now as well.

With all that is going on in Syria, Egypt, and the resurrection of peace negotiations and the 2 state solution- I personally feel end times prophesy is developing right before our eyes.

posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 12:06 AM
link   
A huge clue in the "God and Magog" chapters of Ezekiel is that the prophet gives no indication that he recognizes the land/country he is describing. Can it really be Palestine? Further, he calls it a land without bars or gates, which excludes the gated, walled, razor-wired state of Jewish-Occupied-Palestine. No, it must refer to America. Just ask yourself which country in the world is to such a degree without bars or gates, or where the people are at rest...maybe until recently, but still, most of America is still like that. What country in the world has fewer unwalled town and cities than America?

Russian troops are already here in large numbers.
edit on 10-8-2013 by Lazarus Short because: lah-de-dah

posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 12:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Lazarus Short

Do you think that the peace negotiations will be successful? Then it can be possible for that area to be without walls.

Scripture says that while they are saying peace and security that then will come sudden destruction. All you hear these days is peace and security in reference to Israel.

Personally I don't think the USA is mentioned in end times prophesy.

posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 01:12 AM
link   
reply to post by micmerci

The peace talks have been window-dressing for decades. The Zionist Occupation Government talks peace, but seems not to desire it. Cutting down and burning olive trees is symbolic of this. How do they continue to avoid responsibility to the international community for their racism, genocide, and land-grabbing?

posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 01:45 AM
link   
I can answer your question honestly and truthfully, we have no idea
what if any prophecy will come true as they say, every prophecy i have
ever seen is so convoluted that it will be impossible to know when they
come true, many think they already have, many say WWII was the
fulfillment, many say more modern wars.

Others say it hasn't happened yet, one thing i can bet ya though,
our kids kids will be talking about this same thing, every single
generation thinks the world will end in their lifetime, i think that is
due to our inability to comprehend the actual time scale of the universe,
with our extreme desire to be more than just humans we also decouple
time scales, im sure those humans alive in the dark ages felt that was
no doubt the end times.

Bad things and good things happen, prophecy is so convoluted and
unreliable that its pointless to speculate on, religion is divisive by
its very nature, pre rapture, post rapture, will REMs the end of the
world as we know it be the soundtrack that is played by those angels
with trumpets, the honest answer is we just don't know.
edit on 10-8-2013 by bloodreviara because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 08:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by micmerci
reply to post by Lazarus Short

Do you think that the peace negotiations will be successful? Then it can be possible for that area to be without walls.

Scripture says that while they are saying peace and security that then will come sudden destruction. All you hear these days is peace and security in reference to Israel.

Personally I don't think the USA is mentioned in end times prophesy.

The bible states in the endtimes that all nations shall comeup against Israel so that includes the USA.

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 09:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by bloodreviara
I can answer your question honestly and truthfully, we have no idea
what if any prophecy will come true as they say, every prophecy i have
ever seen is so convoluted that it will be impossible to know when they
come true, many think they already have, many say WWII was the
fulfillment, many say more modern wars.

Others say it hasn't happened yet, one thing i can bet ya though,
our kids kids will be talking about this same thing, every single
generation thinks the world will end in their lifetime, i think that is
due to our inability to comprehend the actual time scale of the universe,
with our extreme desire to be more than just humans we also decouple
time scales, im sure those humans alive in the dark ages felt that was
no doubt the end times.

Bad things and good things happen, prophecy is so convoluted and
unreliable that its pointless to speculate on, religion is divisive by
its very nature, pre rapture, post rapture, will REMs the end of the
world as we know it be the soundtrack that is played by those angels
with trumpets, the honest answer is we just don't know.
edit on 10-8-2013 by bloodreviara because: (no reason given)

I take you have not read the prophecies of Isaiah and Daniel?

Daniel prophesized the exact date that Christ would enter Jerusalem

Isaiah prophesized the coming of the Messiah and the crucifixion of Christ.

posted on Aug, 14 2013 @ 08:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by guitarplayer

The bible states in the endtimes that all nations shall comeup against Israel so that includes the USA.

Just because Jewish-Occupied Palestine calls itself "Israel" does not make it so. Being Jews, they should have called their country "Judah," but to call it "Israel" is just fraud. Learn to see what you are looking at.

posted on Aug, 14 2013 @ 09:23 AM
link   
Russia is Rosh and yeah, supposedly located in Gog.

You have to remember, these "nations" or lands if you will, existed long ago and these are the names they were called by. To understand some of what is being spoken of in Revelation you have to know ancient history, very well. Put the modern name to the ancient nation, and you have your locations. Tarshish was likely England.
edit on 14-8-2013 by lonewolf19792000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2013 @ 09:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lazarus Short

Originally posted by guitarplayer

Just because Jewish-Occupied Palestine calls itself "Israel" does not make it so. Being Jews, they should have called their country "Judah," but to call it "Israel" is just fraud. Learn to see what you are looking at.

I am inclined to agree, and not Judah but Judea.

1 John 2:22-23 Who is a liar but he who denies that Jesus is the Christ? He is antichrist who denies the Father and the Son. 23 Whoever denies the Son does not have the Father either; he who acknowledges the Son has the Father also.

This is why i'm not a Zionist. Of course some of them will be saved, that much is clear from the prophets and from Paul.

posted on Aug, 16 2013 @ 07:53 AM
link   
reply to post by lonewolf19792000

The Russia = Gog theory would have made sense decades ago when Russia was an atheistic country, that persecuted Christians.

As of now, we see that atheism has pretty much collapsed in Russia, which is fast turning into a Christian country with Christian-like values in place. (Family over gay marriage etc) Nobody expected that to take place. In fact, I have heard many Christians commentators mention that Russia is more Christian than the USA.

So, in light of Russia turning Christian... can it still be "Gog", which is an evil entity opposed to the Biblical religion.
edit on 16-8-2013 by sk0rpi0n because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2013 @ 12:39 AM
link   
reply to post by sk0rpi0n

So, in light of Russia turning Christian... can it still be "Gog", which is an evil entity opposed to the Biblical religion.

According to the NT antichrist are everywhere and it is written they will come against Israel. Now wether that means the "state" of Israel or spiritual Israel, i'm inclined to say spiritual Israel.

Gog gets slapped down twice, once before the Millenial Reign and they try to rebel again at the end of Christ's millenial reign and that rebellion is put down too.

posted on Aug, 17 2013 @ 02:24 PM
link   
reply to post by sk0rpi0n

The eastern church was founded by Paul, the western church by Peter. Can either be said to truly follow the Way?

That aside, the spiritual and religious history of Russia began long before the Soviets misappropriated communist ideology and outlawed all other belief systems. The Russian Orthodox church was founded by Greek missionaries in the 9th century, who converted Russia from paganism, shamanism and in some parts, buddism.

edit on 17/8/2013 by teapot because: grammer

posted on Aug, 18 2013 @ 02:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by teapot

The eastern church was founded by Paul, the western church by Peter. Can either be said to truly follow the Way?

Actually, the Church in the West was founded by Joseph of Arimathea, along with other disciples, who settled in southern Britain shortly after the departure of the Lord Jesus. Britain was a Christian nation by about 150 AD, and the Good News was brought to Rome by Britons. If you know who was who in the Book of Romans, there is no doubt on this. The Roman Church recognized and defended the primacy of the British Church for centuries. I doubt that Peter was ever in Rome.

new topics

top topics

join