It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Where did the Egyptians come from?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 09:25 AM
link   
reply to post by dragonrider

This is exactly the same question in a sense as where did man come from?

I cannot answer that and I dont think there is anyone who can.

As far as where egyptians came from id say egypt for 1 point lol.

Seriously though I can see your point but this is something that you cannot find the answer too as there is no proof dating back to these times and even if there were, it would still meet a lot of eyes in scepticism.

Good luck searching.

posted on Sep, 27 2008 @ 03:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Estragon

Sumerian is actually a language isolate. There's a possibility that it is related to whatever pre-Indo-european languages may have existed along the Persian Gulf and the Indus civilization, but at this point, there's no real way to tell.

Akkadian (Babylonian) and its relative Assyrian were both Semitic languages, was was Khemetic. However, this is where things get interesting... The vast majority of Semitic languages are in Africa, including the oldest ones. What this tells us is that the Assyrians and Babylonians are either migrants traveling eastward out of Egypt, or that they were a preexisting people who adopted the languages that were coming out of Egypt.

The Egyptians were most definitely African. Odds are they traveled North from somewhere in the Sudd (my money would be on the area now occupied by Khartoum) and acquired agriculture from Sumerian traders. Their religion is heavily syncretic, reflecting original myths, borrowings from the East (some aspects of Egyptian myth actually resemble Hinduism, with Egyptian gods being "organs" of a greater divinity) and later on, showing Greek and Cretan influence. Their architecture is their own however, brought north along the river. There is, of course, likely influence from crete, Sumer, and so on, but the style remained distinctly Egyptian even if trade of ideas led to improvements and slight changes.

The reason they seem to come "from nowhere" is because unlike the Romans, they didn't write everything down - and like the Triple Alliance of Mesoamerica, each conquest or dynasty probably eradicated all records of the previous powers and re-wrote history. Especially given the Egyptian variety of sympathetic magic.

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 12:52 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 23 2008 @ 10:35 AM
link   

many people think that the atlanteans that were in spaceships buring the flood eventually traveled to south america and egypt. maybe the egypians were descendants of the atlanteans. this would explain there major advance in civilization.

posted on Nov, 23 2008 @ 10:37 AM
link   

it is also believed that they came from sumer. this would explain the links in there culture and is more likely... i like the previous theory better (its more creative)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join