It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A living neologist.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2013 @ 08:57 PM
link   
In theology, a neologism is a relatively new doctrine. In this sense, a neologist is one who proposes a new interpretation of source material such as dictionaries.

Read this definition, do you see the spell?

Living:
1. Possessing life: famous living painters; transplanted living tissue.
2. In active function or use: a living language.
3. Of persons who are alive: events within living memory.
4. Relating to the routine conduct or maintenance of life: improved living conditions in the city.
5. Full of life, interest, or vitality: made history a living subject.
6. True to life; realistic: the living image of her mother.
7. Informal Used as an intensive: beat the living hell out of his opponent in the boxing match

If not its because your mind is controlled.....

Possessing life, a famous living painter transplanted living tissue In active function for use with a living language Of persons who are alive. 
Events within living memory relating to the routine, conduct or maintenance of life improves living conditions in the city, and Full of life, interest, or vitality made history a living subject, true to life, realistic, the living image of her mother.

Informally Used as an intensive, i beat the living hell out of my opponent in the boxing match. (inside the square circle)

I did not write the above, I broke a spell and saw it. The grammar and punctuation did not control my mind.

That was the definition of living from the dictionary. I could not make that up, it took the whole of humanity thousands of years to work that out, I just pointed to it. 

www.thefreedictionary.com...

Wi-fi
edit on 9-8-2013 by Wifibrains because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2013 @ 10:08 PM
link   
...what the hell did I just read? go to bed wifi, you're delirious.

posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 03:33 AM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity

...what the hell did I just read?

I told you what it is and you still need to ask. Maybe YOU have lost the 'plot'

That was the definition of living from the dictionary

Why would I want to go to bed when feeling delirious is so good?

de·lir·i·ous (d-lîr-s)
adj.
Marked by uncontrolled excitement or emotion; ecstatic: delirious joy;

Wake up after infinity.

edit on 10-8-2013 by Wifibrains because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 06:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Wifibrains

Linguistic pareidolia is still pareidolia. You see a pattern because you want to, not because it is actually there.

Ever since you became hooked on the term "neologism" it has been all you focus on. Thread, after thread, after thread you've been discussing the breakdown and reinvention of words and terms, as if simply by seeing something new, it automatically is new. Language doesn't work that way though.

You're like a numerologist who has decided 11:11 is the ultimate numerical combination: you see it everywhere, even though it isn't actually there.

Try using your linguistic paraeidolia on the Wiktionary definitions of living and see how quickly your thesis falls apart.

~ Wandering Scribe

posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 07:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Wandering Scribe

Why do you seem agitated?

I'm not hooked on neologism lol, it's a theory not a drug. but I do think it's cool. Do you begrudge me and the fun I have with this?

Try using your linguistic paraeidolia on the Wiktionary definitions of living and see how quickly your thesis falls apart.

This is why all definitions of my interpretations come from the same source and I don't flick between dictionaries to "make it all fit" now that would be cheating. And that's what your telling me to do. No thanks. Cheating doesn't work. You prooved it. Haha

Not sure what linguistic peridlia is but a guess would say its words that you think look like other words?

All I did was change the punctuation and add a two or three words. No seeing things that arnt there I'm afraid.(not litteraly lol)

Edit: linguistic peridilia?... Google has 0 files. You made a neologism. Be careful, they border on schitzofrinia.

edit on 10-8-2013 by Wifibrains because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 10:19 PM
link   

Why do you seem agitated?

Why do you think you can judge my emotional state based on some words that I've typed?

linguistic peridilia?... Google has 0 files. You made a neologism. Be careful, they border on schitzofrinia.

Linguistic pareidolia is a combination of two separate terms—pareidolia and linguistics—that combine to create a compound phrase: linguistic pareidolia. It is not a neologism because I have not reinvented the use of either term.

Linguistic pareidolia, as a term, is closer to "charcoal black" or "chestnut brown" than it is to being a neologism. Did you have to redefine the words "chestnut" and "brown" to understand the color "chestnut brown", or did you simply adapt both words individual meanings to arrive at a compound meaning?

Linguistics is the scientific study of the origin, formation, and use of language among human beings. Pareidolia is the psychological phenomenon of seeing patterns where none exist. Linguistic pareidolia, then, would be seeing patterns within language where none exist.

Your attempt to see a hidden pattern among the definitions of the word living, where none, in fact, exist, would qualify as linguistic pareidolia: seeing patterns within language where none exist.

As for your claim of sticking to the same source, the Wiktionary definitions are all one source as well: Wiktionary. The real reason you won't use Wiktionary, or Webster's, or Google it is because you only see the pattern in a single dictionary's definition.

If your theory held any truth, then any, and every, dictionary would be capable of producing this result. Instead, you tried one, didn't bother to try another, and concluded it was reality.

Linguistic pareidolia: seeing a pattern where none actually exists.

~ Wandering Scribe

posted on Aug, 11 2013 @ 05:33 AM
link   
What pattern? You are not making sense. I agree is no pattern, what is your point?

I did not see a pattern I saw a pa-ra-graph......

Very similar to what you did with linguistic peridilia, putting two words together to make a term. I put several lines together to make a paraphraph. Are you allowed to do this but I am not? What seems to be the problem wondering scribe?

I saw as much pattern as you did. None, so why do you keep saying I did.

And what makes you think I'm judging you? You said I was like something I'm not... I said it "seems" like you were agitated. You could have just said you were not agitated but your last post makes you seem even more agitated.

~wi-fi

edit on 11-8-2013 by Wifibrains because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2013 @ 12:08 PM
link   

A paragraph resulting from an imagined pattern. A paragraph that, therefore, made absolutely no sense. I agree with Wandering Scribe, you want so badly to see something - or are maybe just so gullible - that you are willing to take the most inane nonsense and do mental gymnastics until anything remotely resembling a grammatically correct message comes out. Doesn't matter if it makes sense. Doesn't matter if you don't know what the hell it's talking about. You just wanna find something.

Sorry, but that's some shoddy detective work. Stick to your day job buddy.
edit on 11-8-2013 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2013 @ 01:16 PM
link   

I would chastise you for not clicking the "reply" link when you respond to my post... but, I'm quite used to checking the replies on a thread whether or not I get a notification. So, no harm, no foul.

And what makes you think I'm judging you? You said I was like something I'm not... I said it "seems" like you were agitated. You could have just said you were not agitated but your last post makes you seem even more agitated.

I think you're judging me because you arrive at conclusions about my emotional state based solely on what words I type. Such analysis ignore inflection, tone, vocal patterns, and body language which are necessary for such analyses.

In reality, I think you're projecting your own emotions onto my words, and it is skewering your interpretation of my statements.

Very similar to what you did with linguistic peridilia, putting two words together to make a term. I put several lines together to make a paraphraph. Are you allowed to do this but I am not? What seems to be the problem wondering scribe?

I saw as much pattern as you did. None, so why do you keep saying I did.

Your "pa-ra-graph" is attempting to reveal some kind of mystical knowledge where none exists. You see a pattern within the collective definitions of the word "living", so you combine them, creating a mural, or tapestry of the term "living" based on the pattern you see present in all of its definitions. You then turn and try to convince others' that the nonexistent mystical knowledge contained within the "spell" of a word's definition has real-world applications.

The difference between what you're doing, and what I'm doing, is that I'm not making a "pa-ra-graph" where there is none; I'm pointing out that there isn't one.

As A.I. said above, you're jumping through a lot of hoops to make something out of nothing.

If the definitions of a word collectively "de-spell" it, and revealed some kind of hidden, deeper meaning, then the process should work with any, and every, dictionary. Or, excluding that, then whatever dictionary you choose to use should be hailed as a divine scripture for being the only collector of definitions that "broke the spell" and revealed to humanity that written definitions contain mystical formula.

Or, there's another alternative: this only appears to have worked one time, with one dictionary, because there's nothing there. In reality, the result was... well... a cognizant sentence, then a completely nonsensical and unrelated statement, followed by a cognizant line, and another abstruse statement, and on, and on.

Seeing meaning in nonsense is not genius.

~ Wandering Scribe

posted on Aug, 11 2013 @ 02:07 PM
link   
Ok, may be it is a little over your heads. If you don't see what I see, would you like me to translate/interpret the metaphor the definitions created when translated into a paragraph.

I should not have to really.

You can say I'm making it all up if you want. I honestly don't mind. In essence you are calling me a creator.

posted on Aug, 11 2013 @ 02:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Wandering Scribe

I think you're judging me because you arrive at conclusions about my emotional state based solely on what words I type. Such analysis ignore inflection, tone, vocal patterns, and body language which are necessary for such analyses.

Point taken, I understand your missunderstanding now. I was not judging you, no more than you are judging me for judging you anyway. *sarcasm

Hypocrite much?

Your "pa-ra-graph" is attempting to reveal some kind of mystical knowledge where none exists. You see a pattern within the collective definitions of the word "living", so you combine them, creating a mural, or tapestry of the term "living" based on the pattern you see present in all of its definitions. You then turn and try to convince others' that the nonexistent mystical knowledge contained within the "spell" of a word's definition has real-world applications.

Unbelievable. And Oooo the assumptions. I am not trying to convince anyone, I'm sharing expeiriences and personal philosiphy and metaphores that reveal themselves to me. Your trying to convince me.

I'm sorry about all this. I had no idea people would shoot me for it and tell me it's not happening when it clearly is. Just not to you.

The thread I just posted will now be my last thread sharing truths that are given to me by following the heart and intuition. And I will not read the replys.

My ego comes out in defence. That's what it is for, not to shoot others in the foot to stall their journey.

Have your bridge. I'll swim. (trying to conTROLL my thoughts)

I'm out.

Wi-fi not connected.

posted on Aug, 11 2013 @ 02:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by AfterInfinity

A paragraph resulting from an imagined pattern. A paragraph that, therefore, made absolutely no sense. I agree with Wandering Scribe, you want so badly to see something - or are maybe just so gullible - that you are willing to take the most inane nonsense and do mental gymnastics until anything remotely resembling a grammatically correct message comes out. Doesn't matter if it makes sense. Doesn't matter if you don't know what the hell it's talking about. You just wanna find something.
Sorry, but that's some shoddy detective work. Stick to your day job buddy.

More assumptions.

Actaully I don't find it it just comes through synchronicity as onething leads to another. I flow with it and it's great fun, not work, buddy.

posted on Aug, 11 2013 @ 02:56 PM
link   

Actaully I don't find it it just comes through synchronicity as onething leads to another. I flow with it and it's great fun, not work, buddy.

Don't get your hopes up regarding this *cough* discovery. I doubt it means much of anything. The paragraph isn't even coherent. I've seen prophecies that make more sense.

posted on Aug, 11 2013 @ 03:11 PM
link   

To be honest afterinfinity I'm surprised you don't see it. I've read many of your posts in atheist threads a while back, and you make a lot of sense and have a good vocabulary to put across your reasons for believing. I and many others do not.

This is why my threads admittedly are often simple getting little attention as they are not stimulating enough for the great minds on ATS.

What the incoherent paragraph says is the same thing you have said before in not so many words to jiggerJ. If I recall.

What I am showing in the paragraph(metaphorically) is how what we are creating collectively(and individually) is pushing through into reality. In my opinion only. You can push it back out if you want too, we all have our own path.

posted on Aug, 11 2013 @ 03:34 PM
link   

The paragraph is a jumble of nonsense. It literally is nonsense.

posted on Aug, 11 2013 @ 04:00 PM
link   

Ok you asked for it...

The paragraph is a jumble of nonsense. It literally is nonsense.

You should read your signature, you sound like a atheist. Lol.

Since you are unable to look past the end of your nose or use your mind to work the paragraph out for yourself, I'll spell it out for you.

Slight shift in translation. Life/living/spirit/soul.

Possessing spirit, the creator transplanted spirit Into bodies for communication with persons who are alive. 
Thoughts within the souls mind, relating to the routine, conduct, or maintenance of the spirit improves living conditions in the body, and Full of spirit,... interest and vitality, makes his-story a living subject, true to life, and realistic, the living image of the mother(creator)

Perhaps I should have said it was algorical and metaphorical, you would have got it. But clues are everywhere. It's in the right forum.

After infinity is infinate possibility.(you can read that how you like, it's multi dimensional)

I love words.

posted on Aug, 11 2013 @ 07:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wifibrains
In theology, a neologism is a relatively new doctrine. In this sense, a neologist is one who proposes a new interpretation of source material such as dictionaries.

Read this definition, do you see the spell?

Living:
1. Possessing life: famous living painters; transplanted living tissue.
2. In active function or use: a living language.
3. Of persons who are alive: events within living memory.
4. Relating to the routine conduct or maintenance of life: improved living conditions in the city.
5. Full of life, interest, or vitality: made history a living subject.
6. True to life; realistic: the living image of her mother.
7. Informal Used as an intensive: beat the living hell out of his opponent in the boxing match

If not its because your mind is controlled.....

Possessing life, a famous living painter transplanted living tissue In active function for use with a living language Of persons who are alive. 
Events within living memory relating to the routine, conduct or maintenance of life improves living conditions in the city, and Full of life, interest, or vitality made history a living subject, true to life, realistic, the living image of her mother.

Informally Used as an intensive, i beat the living hell out of my opponent in the boxing match. (inside the square circle)

I did not write the above, I broke a spell and saw it. The grammar and punctuation did not control my mind.

That was the definition of living from the dictionary. I could not make that up, it took the whole of humanity thousands of years to work that out, I just pointed to it. 

www.thefreedictionary.com...

Wi-fi

Brilliant

We were only speaking of this the other night, how we inform ourselves in hidden/symbolic ways and via secreted paths..to not overwhelm, yet to carry forward the mystery...how when we are ready and able to..we see what we need to..what is..from a new light. Well done and thank you for sharing this!

Ro

We locked up our wisdom into our bones
And swallowed the keys
They sank in our rivers of blood
And we forgot the maps
Because we had to forget the mysteries
To keep them safe.
We wove our hair into brooms
And swept over our paths
And then burned the earth with our rage
We didn't teach our children
It was the only way to protect them,
we thought
But in them we planted seeds, seeds and keys
And told them stories and riddles and songs
With no roots, just tangled threads
That would take years to unwind
Just enough time
For the rains to fall again
And put out the fires
For the dams to break
For the rivers to flood
For the paths to be walked again
For the soil to breathe
And as the old bones crumble
Deep beneath the rubble
We find we've always had the keys
Our stories and our maps
Our paths are revealed to some
And the seeds grow again
The threads are unspun
And woven again

- Hollow Bones
edit on 11-8-2013 by Rosha because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2013 @ 07:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by AfterInfinity

Don't get your hopes up regarding this *cough* discovery. I doubt it means much of anything. The paragraph isn't even coherent. I've seen prophecies that make more sense.

Its rare to see another human being capable of this type of perspective..I'm very grateful they wrote in.
The perspective makes a lot of sense to me...and answers a very important question I have been asking for a while now.
Its not what you read it is how you read it..and not what you see but how you see it.Just because you don't see it, doesn't make the other wrong and you right....just..different. There may come a day when different is not feared..maybe today is not that day for you.

Ro

posted on Aug, 11 2013 @ 07:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Rosha

Thank you rosha. Careful. They bite.

That poem was amazing.

Sounds like the journey to Avalon in beowulfs children.... Kind of.

posted on Aug, 11 2013 @ 10:31 PM
link   

You should read your signature, you sound like a atheist. Lol.

That would be because I am.

Since you are unable to look past the end of your nose or use your mind to work the paragraph out for yourself, I'll spell it out for you.

Are we resorting to petty insults now?

Possessing spirit, the creator transplanted spirit Into bodies for communication with persons who are alive. Thoughts within the souls mind, relating to the routine, conduct, or maintenance of the spirit improves living conditions in the body, and Full of spirit,... interest and vitality, makes his-story a living subject, true to life, and realistic, the living image of the mother(creator)

I want to see you recreate this discovery with at least 15 other words, to prove this example is not a fluke. The results will be posted to the forum for peer review. I will take any refusal to do so as an admission of defeat. You made the claim, so the burden of proof lies with you.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join