It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Egyptian officials: Israeli drone strikes Sinai rocket-launching site, kills five

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 07:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Corruption Exposed
reply to post by Montana

I think that this situation has been growing for years and that the recent revolution and rerevolution was all part of the plan. Now Egypt is now openly allowing Israeli drone strikes on it's territory.

Egyptians will not stand for this...!

It's one faction getting help from Israel. So in the future; expect a return of the favor.

Not to say that these weren't militants. It could also be some political rally. Of course since they are likely religious fundamentalists, militancy is merely one pipe dream away.

I can't stand the Islamic militants and I can't stand the Israelis Likud party -- hard to have anyone to cheer for in this mess.

posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 08:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Amagnon
reply to post by Corruption Exposed

Morsi was a US puppet, and the US and Zionists would have been happy for the Muslim Brotherhood to get in also - as that would have given them justification to treat Egypt as a military threat.

The US are still paying off the military leaders in Egypt (foreign aid they call it), and the military is going to have the final say as to who actually runs the country.

Until the people can get rid of the military commanders on the payroll of the US and Zionists, they aren't going to get a legitimate govt. If they do get a legitimate govt, you can expect Egypt to be painted as an enemy of Israel, and a danger to stability - and the drone strikes will intensify.

This sounds like a political killing to me - someone who Israel wanted to get rid of, and that the Egyptian military would cover in the media from their end.

The fact that attacks like this will fuel anger and instability is obvious, and probably part of the agenda. The US wants to force Egypt into the role of aggressor, or paint a picture of it being riddled with dangerous terrorist elements - so it can start forcing it off the peninsula - and probably try and cripple/control it more thoroughly also.

Seems Egyptians aren't so stupid though - they seem to know whats going on quite well.

edit on 9-8-2013 by Amagnon because: (no reason given)

As much as I'm ready to entertain the notion of "puppet governments" and skullduggery from Mossad or CIA - -the scenario you are painting makes no sense.

If Morsi was a puppet of zionists -- then why are they supporting the military which helped to oust him? You can't just assume who was in control unless you have other information to back it up. It looks to me like Egypt is actually getting cozy with Israel -- but that's a change from what we saw before. Sure, everyone could be play acting -- but do you have any information we don't other than an opinion that contradicts itself?

I'm not saying this to automatically dump on your suspicion -- Mossad and CIA have a proven reputation for false flags and propaganda. They are the best in the world at it and that success has led to them being incredibly corrupt. However, there are other factions out there and they don't have a monopoly on evil.

posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 11:31 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 11 2013 @ 12:01 AM
link   

It seems a lot of comments here aren't really making sense, i.e. jiving with reality. First off, the Mubarak government, which was initially overthrown, was obviously a secular dictatorship in the pocket of the US and Israel; during that time the Egyptian happily helped in the siege/blockade of the Gaza concentration camp.

Morsi was elected in what was generally accepted as fair election. His party is/was that of the Egyptian Brotherhood, which definitely has Islamic roots to it. None the less, the US wanted to keep relations, if possible, because Egypt is in a strategic position and is always of concern to Israel.

The recent government overthrow was conducted -- at least on the face of it -- by the military and secular political factions. It also appears that the police and other civil service members, including garbage collectors, etc., had been engaged in a work slowdown in order to make the Morsi government look bad and to encourage civil unrest against it. No doubt this was done because the Morsi government went back on some of its promises made to various secular political groups, so there was some legitimate discontent with the Morsi government. But were any other actors involved in this most recent coup, i.e. the US or Israel? It wouldn't surprise me; however, it seems that time will tell.

I don't understand the comments about the Morsi government being a tool of Israel. It seems the Morsi government did not care to get into confrontations with Israel, but it also wasn't the US/Israel lapdog that the Mubarak government was. Given that the military was instrumental in this latest coup, and that the military has a lot of ties to the Mubarak government, I'd think the new junta is more pro-Israel than the Morsi/Islamic Brotherhood government.

We don't get a lot of factual news on the matter here in the US; I don't know what Canadians and Europeans get as information on the matter. Thus it seems difficult to be sure exactly what the politics of Egypt are currently. The only thing I do hear/see/read are grass-roots demonstrations against the US. It seems Egyptians are quite fed up with the US meddling in its affairs, so perhaps the Morsi government was also in the US's pocket, but to think the new military-backed government isn't seems a tad naive as well.

As for this drone attack, I have heard the theory that the Egyptian government welcomed this attack, in that it was able to avoid killing the militants, who apparently sided with the Morsi government. That said, blithely abdicating its sovereignty in this matter does not make the current government look like it is standing up to the US and Israel. I haven't even heard feigned outrage by the government about it, which sure makes it look like this new government is a throwback to the Mubarak government. That the US has not decried this coup against the democratically elected Morsi government sure makes it appear as if the current military junta is more to the US's liking. It really seems like these recent changes in the Egyptian government is just a case of political musical chairs, i.e. the US and Israel still have a lot of sway with the government there, but time will tell.

posted on Aug, 11 2013 @ 12:41 AM
link   
Hmmm. Does anyone realize what will happen if Egypt turns into the next Syria? Egypt controls The Suez Canal as well as major pipelines that move over 80% of middle-east oil for export.

www.marketplace.org...

And what's up here? Seems a lot of companies are in a rush to get their cargo through the canal.

PORT SAID, Egypt – The head of the agency in charge of Egypt's Suez Canal says the shipping lane has broken its record for the amount of cargo sent through it in a single day. Read more: www.foxnews.com...

Gas prices are already on the climb. If the poop hits the fan, we'll be looking at $200 a barrel for oil or more real soon! You might even see a crisis that will make the Oil Crisis of 79 look like child's play.

And don't think this isn't exactly what they want! The dominos keep falling.

posted on Aug, 11 2013 @ 12:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by VitriolAndAngst

Originally posted by Amagnon

Morsi was a US puppet, and the US and Zionists would have been happy for the Muslim Brotherhood to get in also - as that would have given them justification to treat Egypt as a military threat.

The US are still paying off the military leaders in Egypt (foreign aid they call it), and the military is going to have the final say as to who actually runs the country.

Until the people can get rid of the military commanders on the payroll of the US and Zionists, they aren't going to get a legitimate govt. If they do get a legitimate govt, you can expect Egypt to be painted as an enemy of Israel, and a danger to stability - and the drone strikes will intensify.

This sounds like a political killing to me - someone who Israel wanted to get rid of, and that the Egyptian military would cover in the media from their end.

The fact that attacks like this will fuel anger and instability is obvious, and probably part of the agenda. The US wants to force Egypt into the role of aggressor, or paint a picture of it being riddled with dangerous terrorist elements - so it can start forcing it off the peninsula - and probably try and cripple/control it more thoroughly also.

Seems Egyptians aren't so stupid though - they seem to know whats going on quite well.

As much as I'm ready to entertain the notion of "puppet governments" and skullduggery from Mossad or CIA - -the scenario you are painting makes no sense.

If Morsi was a puppet of zionists -- then why are they supporting the military which helped to oust him? You can't just assume who was in control unless you have other information to back it up. It looks to me like Egypt is actually getting cozy with Israel -- but that's a change from what we saw before. Sure, everyone could be play acting -- but do you have any information we don't other than an opinion that contradicts itself?

Whether or not he was a Western puppet is what people are trying to figure out... and it is what a lot of the anti-Morsi protesters felt as well. This curiosity is based on things Morsi did and said while he was in power... especially his back and forth stance on Syria, because what is happening in Syria is largely believed to be be Western backed based on breaking a line of control that runs across the mid east... through Kurdistan, form west Iran across Iraq to east Syria... and the line of control continuing into Lebanon and being a lifeline to Palestine. It is thought that they want to break this as preparation to a strike on Iran among some including myself and what we see is foreign rebels funded by the west and supplied by countries in the US pocket... So when we hear dodgy stances coming out of Morsi on Syria, it's not easily forgotten.

What I have seen after the ouster is US officials going to directly talk to MB members being held in jail in Egypt... again, reaffirming the notion of the false arm of the MB.... and the so called Islamic insurgents are not unlike the rebels in Syria, backed by western interests.

And what it seems they'd LIKE for us to believe is the opposite... that they are just as in bed with the Egyptian military NOW as they were with the MB... so that the people will have no hope of continued cohesion to keep Western backed corruption out of their country.... and give up or just go ape # and get themselves killed.

Unfortunately like some have pointed out, it could very well be true but I'm sure the Egyptian people are hoping it is not true... and that's why I'd like to see this denounced, credited to Egypt... or explained why Israel was allowed to cross the border and take care of business for Egypt.

Now matter how you look at it or what side the military is on, it was a stupid move that will incite more distrust from the people. People in Egypt are never just going to go along with whatever Israel does as long as they are still parked on Palestinian and Syrian land. It would be stupid for any government to think that. This is not going to help people calm down. They may step out of the light for a while but this will fester distrust.

The information you are missing is based on the deeds of Morsi and the whole reason he was ousted, just like his predecessor. The pattern of the people's perspective in light of that distrust can't be denied, which is what makes the move incredibly thoughtless if Israel jumped on this across the border with Egyptian collaboration and completely ignores the pattern of Egypt protesting Western supporters, but you have to backtrack the past to see the train of thought. You won't get a "source link". This is a slap in the face to Egyptians.

posted on Aug, 11 2013 @ 03:22 AM
link   

I know that some NATO Forces withdrew not too long ago in that area for security reasons. It was one of the EU Nations in NATO. That area is really bad right now with Morsi being removed. Far more than usual which is not saying much.

posted on Aug, 11 2013 @ 04:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Flint2011

I know that some NATO Forces withdrew not too long ago in that area for security reasons. It was one of the EU Nations in NATO. That area is really bad right now with Morsi being removed. Far more than usual which is not saying much.

NATO forces in the Sinai? Really. There used to be UN peace keepers, but I don't know if they're still there. I see no reason why NATO forces would be in the Sinai peninsula; if they were, it would seem to make for headlines.

posted on Aug, 11 2013 @ 08:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by MrInquisitive

Originally posted by Flint2011

I know that some NATO Forces withdrew not too long ago in that area for security reasons.

NATO forces in the Sinai? Really. There used to be UN peace keepers, but I don't know if they're still there. I see no reason why NATO forces would be in the Sinai peninsula; if they were, it would seem to make for headlines.

see

this is what i mean

the military cmplex of egypt... wont allow any scenario that ends with foreign involvement

they wont allow morsi to turn egypt into an extremist country...and give NATO a valid excuse to enter the country

you know ... they tried to get the army to shoot at people to protect mubarak during the revolution.
if the army did do that....NATO countries will dress up as heros of the people and get involved
edit on 11-8-2013 by thePharaoh because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2013 @ 11:53 AM
link   
Egypt was destabilized by WikiLeaks....Israel has its eyes on grabbing Sinai....What people need to realize about Wiki (and also Snowden) is that their "leaks" are actually targeted at undermining foreign governments.

Wiki took down Mubarek of Egypt and Berlusconi of Italy

posted on Aug, 11 2013 @ 06:19 PM
link   

Egyptians are strong people and they do not want USA or Israel intervening in their affairs

or Muslim extremists......

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 12:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by max1215
Egypt was destabilized by WikiLeaks....Israel has its eyes on grabbing Sinai....What people need to realize about Wiki (and also Snowden) is that their "leaks" are actually targeted at undermining foreign governments.

Wiki took down Mubarek of Egypt and Berlusconi of Italy

I don't know about this opinion of yours on wikileaks... maybe you should do a thread and go into some detail... Call me a fool but I'm intrigued by what they've done and not just the reputation, but the things they have actually brought to our attention..., but the thing about them grabbing Sinai, I'm afraid you might be right.

I keep reading articles talking about all these militants coming from the woodwork and killing other civilians, it's a lot like the rebels in Syria. It's being hinted at in many articles.

I don't know how much oil goes up through Egypt from Saudi Arabia but we should probably look at this. Saudi prince meets with Putin. Saudi doing biz outside the dollar. Saudi extremists working for the man. What is going on there? Are they turning their backs on the West because the money is losing value? Are they experiencing their own division and are unfortunately just full of corruption but not all together bad?

Meanwhile, Tigris and Euphrates are drying up since 03 due to underground reservoir pumping. How much shipping was brought up from the Persian gulf through Iraq, I have no idea but if it's on a boat, it's not going up that way now.

I don't know. It's all strange. I don't know what to think of this. It's hard to tell who has what intentions anymore... but Sinai, yes, they seem to want. To control shipment, to stop shipment... I don't know. Obviously it's about control but how would it help them control the oil market coming from the south of that area?... and all because of what? The dollar? Why couldn't they just control it at the end point? Tax it more in a European destination who always seems to be right in there with all the Western shenangans. I mean doing all this, if it is to control shipments is going to cause price rising anyway... but then you have Saudi wanting to build a pipeline going north anyway?!

What the hell is going on here? Maybe I'm just grouping all western interest together in a lump and that's why this isn't making sense, why they would be going to this effort... but that's not really my fault, it's theirs for always showing the same agenda in their military actions.

I'm just going to step away from this for a bit... but yeah, Sinai now seems to be a target.

You know what would be weird to see right now?... Although I would have never really suspected it... is sanctions on Saudi oil. Boy wouldn't THAT be a twist.

I mean the fact is, they've been doing business outside the dollar since last year on a large scale. Saudi prince trying to make deals with Putin about oil.... What is going on there?

Maybe it's just late, but I think their is something we're missing concerning SA... and not just the fact that the west has a lot of old oil deals with them and thats where many terrorists come from and that it seems to be the likely place to look for western backed terrorist camps.

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 06:27 AM
link   
I don't know by doing these what they get, is not written in any holy book, creating a problem to others, what wrong with these guys, I know it will not going to work what I am saying, but still somebodies have to try.
_________________________________________________________________________________
edit on 15/10/13 by JAK because: Please see Terms And Conditions Of Use 15e.) Recruitment/Solicitation.

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 09:08 AM
link   

if you are hanging out by a rocket launching site , and perhaps a missle just went off; that is suspicion enough for me, fire away

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 11:14 AM
link   
Thanks for all the replies and pleasant, civil discussion (for the most part) between all sides of opinion on this matter. I am also surprised how much attention this thread received...wow!

Sorry for taking so long to get back to the thread, I did not mean to abandon it.

I am impressed with much of the information and opinions that were provided.

Personally, I am on the fence whether or not this "cooperation" is a good thing, but as others mentioned we shall wait and see.

Cheers.
edit on 8/13/2013 by Corruption Exposed because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 08:30 PM
link   
WELLLL...This seems to have legitimized the Israeli defensive in Sinai.

www.haaretz.com...

Just when we thought THOSE Islamic Militants had the main beef with Egypt (currently) to deal with, they double their trouble with this attack on Israel. How smart. as if they did not have a big enough fight on their hands already.

Anyone care to debate how long it will take Israel to become fully involved?

The Egyptian response will be very telling and will leave no doubt as to who is running that country now.

Arab countries, more and more and standing back and letting their people fall into total war and the West is helping them.

This is one big extermination game.

When's it going to be *our* turn?
edit on 13-8-2013 by NotAnAspie because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2013 @ 09:27 AM
link   
reply to post by MrInquisitive

That is what I was referring to. UN Peace keepers. Sorry for the mix up on that.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join