Egyptian officials: Israeli drone strikes Sinai rocket-launching site, kills five

page: 2
73
<< 1    3 >>

log in

join

posted on Aug, 9 2013 @ 11:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Swills

So the question is, if it is an Israeli strike why is Egypt covering up for them?


Possibly because they don't want to deal with the anti semites who will quickly turn a positive situation where two nations cooperated to eliminate a mutual threat into an radical islamic talking point proclaiming the evil juice are bombing our desert?




posted on Aug, 9 2013 @ 11:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Corruption Exposed
 


Morsi was a US puppet, and the US and Zionists would have been happy for the Muslim Brotherhood to get in also - as that would have given them justification to treat Egypt as a military threat.

The US are still paying off the military leaders in Egypt (foreign aid they call it), and the military is going to have the final say as to who actually runs the country.

Until the people can get rid of the military commanders on the payroll of the US and Zionists, they aren't going to get a legitimate govt. If they do get a legitimate govt, you can expect Egypt to be painted as an enemy of Israel, and a danger to stability - and the drone strikes will intensify.

This sounds like a political killing to me - someone who Israel wanted to get rid of, and that the Egyptian military would cover in the media from their end.

The fact that attacks like this will fuel anger and instability is obvious, and probably part of the agenda. The US wants to force Egypt into the role of aggressor, or paint a picture of it being riddled with dangerous terrorist elements - so it can start forcing it off the peninsula - and probably try and cripple/control it more thoroughly also.

Seems Egyptians aren't so stupid though - they seem to know whats going on quite well.


edit on 9-8-2013 by Amagnon because: (no reason given)
edit on 9-8-2013 by Amagnon because: (no reason given)



posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 12:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Mr Tranny
 


So, letting the Israelis do the job for them, with no risk of life to you, reduced risk of life to innocents, and no cost to you, is a win win win situation for the Egyptian military.

By that criteria, If I don't like a tree in your backyard hanging over my fence, you wouldn't mind I just blow it up?



posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 12:27 AM
link   
Makes one wonder why this information is being given to the media if it isn't the case. The reports that it was an Israeli drone strike come from unnamed Egyptian officials. Who are they?


The Egyptian security officials told the Associated Press that the drone had been flying near the site of the attack since early Friday on the Israeli side of the border and fired from there. Those on the Egyptian side of the border could hear the drone buzzing overhead for hours, they said.



Israel maintained official silence about the strike, suggesting that if the Jewish state was involved, it might be trying to avoid embarrassing the Egyptian military. An Egyptian military spokesman later denied the report but did not provide another cause for the explosion.


source

Also some details from The Jerusalem Post


Details of the strike remain unclear. Five different security sources told Reuters the strike was done by Israel, while an Egyptian army spokesman issued a statement on Facebook several hours after the strike denying Israel was behind it. Israeli officials, meanwhile, declined to comment on the reports.
edit on 10-8-2013 by bigfootgurl because: (no reason given)



posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 12:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Drunkenparrot

Originally posted by Swills

So the question is, if it is an Israeli strike why is Egypt covering up for them?


Possibly because they don't want to deal with the anti semites who will quickly turn a positive situation where two nations cooperated to eliminate a mutual threat into an radical islamic talking point proclaiming the evil juice are bombing our desert?


Which is why if Israel was tipped off by Egypt about an imminent threat across the border, Egypt should have just taken care of it themselves.

Unless of course they were going to and just wanted to let Israel know in case it saw a close border strike as an act of aggression (no, not Israel... never Israel think that)... but then Israel beat them to it. I realize that is just speculation.

I'm just scratching my head at this because I thought the idea was to get people to calm down.

Welllll.... I seriously doubt efforts like this are going to work.

How dumb. This has GOT to have an explanation. Egypt could have taken care of this themselves....RIGHT?



posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 02:23 AM
link   
Regardless of who shot the missile, the fact is the two goverments have been co operating on the border and the militants for some time already....this is not the first event, nor will it be the last.
Both Egypt, and Israel have found themselves themselves allied against the militants who wish to rule the Sinai, and more......



posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 07:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Montana
I don't understand how can you call it cut and dry anti-Egyptian action when the Egyptians have been demanding these very actions from their own government? They haven't enjoyed being accosted and attacked by these militarists.If you read the news story I linked to, it seems more than likely that these militarists are fundamentalists. I'm pretty sure the residents of the Sinai will be grateful to anyone who reduces the threat to their families and themselves.

But you are correct that this incident could be used by certain factions to trump up more protests. I guess we should stay tuned as the saying goes.



It's really simple, Montana. Many of the people here are Anti-Israel, so of course they're going to jump on that bandwagon, no matter what the facts show.

I'm with you. It's an obvious outcome based on the restructure of the government. And just think... our own government in the US are trying to hang out with the muslim brotherhood. Tells me we also have some anti-Isreal scum running this country.

Some call it Zionism... I call it protecting one's country!



posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 09:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Corruption Exposed
 





Meanwhile, Egypt's official MENA news agency said an explosion destroyed a rocket launcher set near the border to launch attacks against Israel. The agency said at least five jihadis were killed.


Yeah, I'd say a lone rocket launcher in the desert placed on the border facing Israel, ain't up to any good.



posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 09:38 AM
link   
It's not always I come across an article on ATS full of such good news. I take three things away from this article:

1- Any cooperation between Israel and any Arab country is a step in the right direction.

2- There are five fewer islamist extremist terrorists on the loose.

3- There is one less rocket launcher for said terrorists to use.



posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 09:46 AM
link   
I read this as co-operation between the Egyptian military and Israeli military. They obviously don't hate each other and are trying to get rid of extremest jihadists.

When a new "political" leader is elected in Egypt, I expect the anti-Israeli and anti-US rhetoric to rise again in Egypt.



posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 10:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by theRhenn

Originally posted by Montana
I don't understand how can you call it cut and dry anti-Egyptian action when the Egyptians have been demanding these very actions from their own government? They haven't enjoyed being accosted and attacked by these militarists.If you read the news story I linked to, it seems more than likely that these militarists are fundamentalists. I'm pretty sure the residents of the Sinai will be grateful to anyone who reduces the threat to their families and themselves.

But you are correct that this incident could be used by certain factions to trump up more protests. I guess we should stay tuned as the saying goes.



It's really simple, Montana. Many of the people here are Anti-Israel, so of course they're going to jump on that bandwagon, no matter what the facts show.

I'm with you. It's an obvious outcome based on the restructure of the government. And just think... our own government in the US are trying to hang out with the muslim brotherhood. Tells me we also have some anti-Isreal scum running this country.

Some call it Zionism... I call it protecting one's country!


It wouldn't be the first time Israel set something up so they would have an excuse to attack. So it wouldn't be surprise for them to do it here just to see what the Egyptian military will let them get away with.

And seeing how the traitors in this government raised the amount of money we have to borrow at debt to give to Israel we hardly have someone anti Israel in office. One could only hope we could get someone anti Israel into office the quicker we cut off the nation of the new Nazis the better.



posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 10:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by ionwind
I read this as co-operation between the Egyptian military and Israeli military. They obviously don't hate each other and are trying to get rid of extremest jihadists.

When a new "political" leader is elected in Egypt, I expect the anti-Israeli and anti-US rhetoric to rise again in Egypt.


It's because of Israel that America gives aid to Egypt. So seeing how most of the money more than likely ends up going to the military they should be buds with Israel.



posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 10:38 AM
link   
Well, good for Israel. It'll make a few less Jihadi scum that Egypt has to worry about killing. Egypt's forces are back to fighting terrorists again, as they'd been doing before being so rudely interrupted by terrorists taking national power for awhile. The stories are frequent right now with Egyptians hunting these animals down as aggressively as Israel.

I guess they are both sick and tired of watching gas pipelines and other infrastructure blown to bits for....what purpose again? I never do get what destroying such things accomplishes except coming off like 2yr olds with real dangerous things to have a tantrum with.

If either side gets too far out of hand tho, there are always the Multi-national forces currently dominated by U.S Military ..also in the Sinai Peninsula. Small world.



posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 12:56 PM
link   
the story is soo funny

the armies PR needs polishing up... before it splits

though it turns up morsi did more for the terrorist network in sinai than he did for egypt

but egyptians will obviously think there is more going on here

the egyptians have the situation under control now, since they entered sinai a few months ago.

that said

isreal needs to stay out of it..... quite frankly, its idiotic to think they could get involved there and stay immune.
everything will get blamed on isreal...

peace



posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 01:27 PM
link   

Funeral held for slain militants in Egypt's Sinai - Politics - Egypt - Ahram Online


english.ahram.org.eg...


Egyptian security forces stood guard at checkpoints as more than 100 cars, some carrying dozens of jihadists, took part in a funeral procession for four slain fighters in the northern part of the Sinai Peninsula on Saturday. A little-known militant group, Ansar Beith al-Maqdis , said its men were the target of a reported Israeli drone strike in Egyptian territory that killed the four militants.



Hundreds of people, including armed jihadists, tribesmen carrying weapons and family members of the dead took part in the funeral, where the bodies were displayed in the back of pick-up trucks draped by black flags inscribed with Islamic verses. The flags are often used by al-Qaeda militants, but also by Islamists. Some in the procession chanted slogans against Israel and Egypt's army, currently battling insurgents in the area.
edit on 10-8-2013 by Swills because: (no reason given)



posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 01:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by thePharaoh
the story is soo funny

the armies PR needs polishing up... before it splits

though it turns up morsi did more for the terrorist network in sinai than he did for egypt

but egyptians will obviously think there is more going on here

the egyptians have the situation under control now, since they entered sinai a few months ago.

that said

isreal needs to stay out of it..... quite frankly, its idiotic to think they could get involved there and stay immune.
everything will get blamed on isreal...

peace



You'd think they would have figure that out by now, but that's the scary part because how could they not have figured out that it would be a good idea to stay out of it and let Egypt handle it. Why didn't Egypt handle it?

What is there, a militant-kill point system? They can't keep their finger off the trigger at the risk of causing more division in Egypt? How compulsively egotistically ignorant of anyone who supported this measure. How could they not have waged the future implications?

One can only assume that they did... with no hesitation to act.

Do they give a damn about the consensus among the people?
Do they really want calm, peace and a stable social situation?

Very clearly they do not.

Their heads are either so jam packed full of concrete to a point I'm surprised to not see them slobbering on themselves... Or they don't give a DAMN about stability in Egypt and want to make every attempt they can to make the problem worse.

It really has to be one or the other and the notion that someone in Egypt gave this greenlight really makes me shudder.
edit on 10-8-2013 by NotAnAspie because: (no reason given)



posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 02:07 PM
link   
reply to post by NotAnAspie
 


iv just watched arab news

the Egyptian Apache is taking the credit

i do believe this...as the army have stepped up in sinai since they arrested morsi.

so the egyptians are taking the "credit"



i think people need to understand... this isnt as big as its made out
its the military against a political party... not a division in the state

this is the 4th/5th time in 60 years... that the military has turned on the brotherhood party.
they turned on them:

under king farouk
under nasser
under sadat. but then they killed sadat
they were in prison and criminalised under mubarak
and now once again

so america needs to stop being chummy with morsi...90% of egyptians do not believe that its a move against democracy... morsi and his party have been dealt with before

morsi comming from america...constantly meeting with econmic powerhouses like germany...yet the economy is crap
...always meeting with the american ambassador

then freeing extremists from prison.....putting them in position of power....empowering the extremist network..

honestly we need to stay out of this one... let the people steer it... we can highjack it later lol
edit on 10-8-2013 by thePharaoh because: (no reason given)



posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 02:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000
 


its got more to do with them working with you... to cause egypt a situation in the international arena.

the military complex of egypt wont watch a double agent islamify the region... to allow international involvement within their borders...

they will flex their muscles.... we shouldnt provoke them... that country will change the reality we live in...east and west alike.

peace



posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by thePharaoh
reply to post by NotAnAspie
 


iv just watched arab news

the Egyptian Apache is taking the credit

i do believe this...as the army have stepped up in sinai since they arrested morsi.

so the egyptians are taking the "credit"



i think people need to understand... this isnt as big as its made out
its the military against a political party... not a division in the state

this is the 4th/5th time in 60 years... that the military has turned on the brotherhood party.
they turned on them:

under king farouk
under nasser
under sadat. but then they killed sadat
they were in prison and criminalised under mubarak
and now once again

so america needs to stop being chummy with morsi...90% of egyptians do not believe that its a move against democracy... morsi and his party have been dealt with before

morsi comming from america...constantly meeting with econmic powerhouses like germany...yet the economy is crap
...always meeting with the american ambassador

then freeing extremists from prison.....putting them in position of power....empowering the extremist network..

honestly we need to stay out of this one... let the people steer it... we can highjack it later lol
edit on 10-8-2013 by thePharaoh because: (no reason given)


I'll be glad when that becomes the official word... if it does. Let Egypt take care of it's own stuff when and where it can.

If this is true, it really makes you wonder why media outlets jumped to the opportunity to give Israel the credit...and Israel's silence inferred a confirmation... rather than direct denial which it certainly should have been able to do immediately.

I'm still going to watch what happens on this.



posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 07:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Corruption Exposed

...

Egypt is not known for agreeing with Israeli intervention, but now it seems to be fine with it as long as they are "suspected militants". This already happens all over the middle east but I never knew Egypt would ever condone to this. It's always "suspected militants".
...
www.haaretz.com
(visit the link for the full news article)


Seems like the drones these days are presumed smarter than juries. I have to wonder now that Egypt is suddenly so cozy with Israel -- when I don't remember them EVER giving them the automatic benefit of the doubt such as; "We see an explosion from an attack on a sovereign nation, seems the standard treatment on terrorists is working!"

A cynical person might think that the current group in power in Egypt might have benefitted from some "foreign aide" in changing the deck chairs. AS much as I'm glad the religious radical is out of power -- seems like a sudden "yes man" response from Egypt might be in payment. Back scratching -- but who knows?

I'm just going to be wary and treat official statements from Egypt to the smell test. Not that that isn't SOP for anything coming out of the Middle East, but now I'll take two sniffs.
edit on 10-8-2013 by VitriolAndAngst because: fixed grammar





top topics
 
73
<< 1    3 >>

log in

join