It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Coupons - 50$ off Abortions on Sundays offered at Orlando Womens Center

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 05:38 PM
link   
If they really wanted to help the women, and or cared about the women they were supposed to be helping, they'd lower their prices indefinitely. No coupon needed. The fact that the coupon is only offered on Sunday comes off to me as a way to fight back towards the catholicism ways. A huge slap in the face to anybody that is against abortion or who might be a devout christian/catholic due to the importance of Sunday.

Given the fact that I am pro-choice 200%, this disgusts me and a-shames me. This is why abortion clinics get so many bad names and is looked down on so severely. Partly because they are under-funded, most foundations were built in the 80's and never had enough money for redesigning, and their medicals staff is generally not the best where medical offices are concerned.

Depressing, really.

posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 07:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Djayed

Umm, guess you failed to notice studies I included from 2006 and 2003 that have practically the same results as the 1987 study. It is in fact good researching practice to look at how studies evolve over time for mediating variables, especially if the individual studies are not longitudinal. In this case, the results are very clear and remain consistent over a time period of 20 years.

If you want to challenge this evidence, most of which you conveniently did not acknowledge in your last response, please do furnish some contradictory studies of your own.

I'll wait...

edit on 10-8-2013 by djr33222 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 08:34 PM
link   
reply to post by windword

Please provide a quote that establishes that late term abortions, abortions performed during the 3rd or late into the 2nd trimester, are performed on demand, and not because of risk to the mother or genetic defects. I can't find it.

An Overview of State's Abortion Laws
A total of 41 states prohibit on demand abortions, not including cases of life or health endangerment,at either "viability", 20 weeks or 24 weeks.

Of these a total of 8 states prohibit at 20 weeks and a total of 8 states prohibit at 24 weeks. A total of 25 states prohibit on demand abortions at "viability". What does "viability" mean? Based on the Guttmacher Institute it is simply "after a specified point in pregnancy", which means nothing. Read: It varies by hospital.

Now, BabyMed says this:

The fetus or baby is viable: This refers to the time in pregnancy when the baby, if born now and prematurely, has a reasonable chance of survival. For most hospitals in the United States the age of viability is about 24 weeks 0 days of the pregnancy. However, being born at 24 weeks does not mean that most babies will survive or that if they survive they will have no problems. The chances of survival increase with each day after 24 weeks, and the risks of complications decrease.

So typically a baby is viable after 24 weeks. Except this is a very lenient definition for viability because,

A baby born at 24 weeks would generally require a lot of intervention, potentially including mechanical ventilation and other invasive treatments followed by a lengthy stay in a neonatal intensive care unit (NICU).

The babies' odds for survival are very low, approximately 50% with the very best medical care available. A more realistic definition for viability is 25-28 weeks.
Article
Therefore, of the 41 states prohibiting on-demand late-term abortions 33 states allow on-demand abortions up to as far along as 28 weeks (realistic viability).

In other words, aside from 8 states you can have on-demand late-term abortions wherever you so desire before 28 weeks and if you get a very sympathetic doctor probably up to 33 weeks.

Or you could just make up some reason as to why carrying the baby is detrimental to your health and get referred by a psychiatrist to side step those 8 states and the prohibition period such that you can kill the thing at any time (in 3/4 of all states). Happy?

posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 09:44 PM
link   
reply to post by djr33222

Thank you. That's what I've been saying.

Late term abortions, that is abortions that are performed AFTER viability, are rare, and only performed to protect the health of the woman or when genetic defects determine that the fetus isn't compatible with life.

United States: In 2003, from data collected in those areas that sufficiently reported gestational age, it was found that 6.2% of abortions were conducted between 13 and 15 weeks, 4.2% between 16 and 20 weeks, and 1.4% at or after 21 weeks.[13] Because the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention's annual study on abortion statistics does not calculate the exact gestational age for abortions performed past the 20th week, there are no precise data for the number of abortions performed after viability.[13] In 1997, the Guttmacher Institute estimated the number of abortions in the U.S. past 24 weeks to be 0.08%, or approximately 1,032 per year.

So, you see, late term abortions are rare and NOT done "willy nilly"!

posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 09:56 PM
link   
reply to post by windword

Fine. I'm too tired from gathering these abortions information to argue any further lol.
I bet this was your strategy all along... Well done.

posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 10:02 PM
link   

It's what I said in my first post!

posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 10:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by windword

It's what I said in my first post!

Let's put it this way though, if a woman knows the law she can procrastinate until the last second to have an abortion for non health threatening reasons, if she wanted to wait to get her ducks in a row...

Most take care of it early on, but some need more time to make decisions I suppose.

I do believe that the more time a woman takes to decide the more unfair it is to a fetus that's growing towards a full life. Even though a very small amount of women do it 20+ for the willy nilly, let's say 1%, each week they can't decide on what to do that baby is getting more and more complex and more person-like, including become pretty sensitive to the pain of the abortion.

It seems more and more states are limiting on-demand to 20 weeks or under which I agree with because if you don't you are just rewarding the woman's indecisiveness and harming the baby. This of course doesn't apply in the event of actual health complications though.

So, yes, I read your first post and I think we are agreeing with one another.

posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 10:27 PM
link   

The battle cry of the far left. Claim that prolifers don't care once the person is born

It's absolutely true. Republicans support endless war, torture, cutting services for poor people, shooting migrants crossing the border, capital punishment, landmines, and letting predatory business bankrupt people and destroy their lives. Not to mention impoverishing people with overpopulation.

posted on Aug, 11 2013 @ 09:37 AM
link   

I was really only referencing the data in 1987...but now that you say something....I think those numbers are based on 20+ weeks when late term for the most part is 24weeks.

But when talking about statistics the scientific community is in agreement that you can find 5 that say one thing and 3 that says another. I think this quote says it all, I forgot who said it but it is perfect.

"There are three types of lies- Lies, Damn Lies, and Satistics"

It is hard for those to be truly accurate.....especially most medical later term abortions are done in hospitals and not abortion clinics...so these numbers are really not correct off the bat.

posted on Aug, 11 2013 @ 10:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Djayed

But when talking about statistics the scientific community is in agreement that you can find 5 that say one thing and 3 that says another. I think this quote says it all, I forgot who said it but it is perfect.

I'll admit I'm formally trained to conduct social scientific research by some of the smartest people in the country. I've used those statistical programs to manipulate data, conceptualize variables, and find linear regression correlations and such based on data sets. Also to interpret the output of these processes without bias, to not formulate hypothesis from after data has already been manipulated by oneself.

From these experiences I always knew that statistics was BS. With the right data set (like the ones that costs hundreds of thousands of dollars) I could show correlations in just about anything or make a convincing argument as to why pink elephants would float around the sky at dusk.

And yes, I agree with your assessment that every study I referred to could very easily mean absolutely nothing. I've sat in meetings picking apart R01 government funded long-term studies by Harvard and Princeton researchers because it simply could be done. I am under no illusions. However, digging to deep often ruins one's mood.
edit on 11-8-2013 by djr33222 because: (no reason given)

edit on 11-8-2013 by djr33222 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2013 @ 10:19 AM
link   
reply to post by ButterCookie

It's a business that dates back to the days of Sparta....

Except back then they did a post-birth abortion if there were any defects found.

posted on Aug, 11 2013 @ 03:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by ButterCookie

Originally posted by LightOrange

Definitely not a human being, sorry.

Human, but not a human being.

That's science.
edit on 10-8-2013 by LightOrange because: (no reason given)

You make no sense.

"Human, but not a human being."

What????

If you want to pay me to teach you about what makes it human and not a human being I'll be glad to explain it to you.

Until I see my name in your checkbook, though, go to a freaking library and find out yourself.

It makes perfect sense.

e.g. Is your pinky finger human? Of course it's human. It is a human being? Nope.

Jesus, I cant believe you got 4 stars for that idiotic statement.
edit on 11-8-2013 by LightOrange because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 02:38 AM
link   
Wow, this is pretty sinister stuff. Whatever the general consensus on abortions at anytime, it seems women will always find a way to achieve it once they've made their minds up. Granted it's probably not always for the right reasons, but it's their choice and their lives at the end of the day.

Seems to me that wherever there's a lack of public health services catering for abortions, (not to mention catering for the psychological side of abortions!) there's back street abortionists, confused women and now there's discount vouchers... crazy.

(post by KayLand123 removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join