It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama Promises Broad Review of Surveillance Programs

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2013 @ 07:38 PM
link   
Obama can careless or give a crap about the NSA spying and data mining because private interest is all over it.

The only reason he will be talking about "doing something" is because the pressure is coming from the political party base no the people as it can affect the next elections for the Democ-rats.

At the end if really this whole issue was to be review I bet that the "secret court" will find no wrong doing under the Anti patriot act.

posted on Aug, 9 2013 @ 08:23 PM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

Marg, even a "committee" formed by Congress to "investigate" will white wash it. After all, Congress KNEW that Obama had Ambassador Stevens killed, because he was afraid that Stevens would leak the fact that he was the pivot man for the Arms that OBama was sending to Al Qaeda to fight in Syria:

thecommonsenseshow.com...

It is now common knowledge that this administration was also running guns to Al Qaeda in an attempt to overthrow Assad of Syria. However, news of their gunrunning was beginning to leak and the source of the gunrunning had to be eliminated. That source was Ambassador Chris Stevens and the sensitive information that he held, unfortunately for Stevens, came only a couple of months prior to the 2012 presidential election. It is quite apparent that this administration felt that the evidence of their gunrunning trail must be totally obliterated and the only way to accomplish that was to arm Al Qaeda forces to assassinate Ambassador Stevens. These are not shocking revelations and I believe it’s likely that Congress knew the truth is far back as December of 2012. However, the congressional investigation did not succeed in their attempts at getting to the bottom of the Stevens murder. For more than a month Hillary Clinton refused to show up and testify. Other establishment figures were less than cooperative with regard to the congressional investigation. However, there is a clear and distinctive pattern of high command military awareness of this establishment’s murderous and treacherous actions which culminated in the death, the preventable death of Stevens and his bodyguard contingency.

Congress KNEW and Hillary knew, and so she refused to testify, until they could create a cover story for the murder of Stevens by the administration.

posted on Aug, 9 2013 @ 10:48 PM
link   
reply to post by ProfEmeritus

The sad part is that we the people always know how corrupted our government is and have been, but as usual is dismissed behind conspiracies, but when some realizable source is there to expose the truth that is a liability.

posted on Aug, 9 2013 @ 10:55 PM
link   

Obama Promises Broad Review of Surveillance

Has any human on earth ever practiced the art of breaking a promise?

Is Obama's genes any different than any other human on earth?

I am not good and the math stuff, but one could come to the conclusion that the chances of one person out of billions making a false promise could be likely.

Now you have to consider that this man is the executive leader of more than 300 million people.

And you also have to consider that this man can be just a puppet for 12 hypothetical men that are pulling the strings.

One could also almost have to consider that Obama is pulling a mind trick on his own decision.

I hate math. But I can see the logic in chances.

posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 05:31 AM
link   
This is the 9/11 of information anti-terror.

Feed a moral guy with principles "top information" against constitutional rights, till he bursts out all over the papers and get everyone comfortable. Then say you are going to come clean, aka "do something about it", then carry on regardless and step it up 5 gears. Classic 'Guantanamo' media manipulation.

This is just softening the public to the gov breaking its own rules all the time, getting comfortable with being lied and 'made up' to.

Really makes me wonder what else will come out in the next few years.

posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 05:42 AM
link   

Obama Promises Broad Review of Surveillance Programs,

That's like putting the fox in charge of the hen house.
I'm sure his promise is just as good as the rest of his promises.

posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 06:27 AM
link   
More of that 'change you can believe in'

Emphasis is on BELIEVE.

The double speak used by this (and former) gov just reaches new heights.

posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 06:38 AM
link   
What I want is a promise he will be impeached. Seriouslly,what does it take to do this?

Also Saxby Chambliss, Nancy Pelosi, Feinstein, Holder...and Keith Alexander need to go away. New church committee time too.

edit on 10-8-2013 by hadriana because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 01:34 PM
link   

What I want is a promise he will be impeached. Seriouslly,what does it take to do this?
reply to post by hadriana

Congress has all it needs to impeach the bum. Unfortunately, they don't have the guts. I'm sure the NSA and Obama have plenty of dirt on every single member of Congress, since they have all their phone calls, letters and just about any other form of communication,
Obama ordering a complete review is the funniest thing I've heard in a long time, since HE was the one that ORDERED the NSA to perform wide spread surveillance on every single American.

posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 01:36 PM
link   

Is Obama's genes any different than any other human on earth?
reply to post by ManOfHart

Well, let's see. He has the genes of a slug, a slimy animal that slinks around in the dark, and sucks the life out of whatever it touches. You tell me. Does a slug have the same genes as you do? I hope not for your sake.

posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 07:32 PM
link   
It is all fallout from the recent Verizon scandal led to the destruction of relationships between business and their formerly loyal customers...now leaving their contracts.

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 03:05 AM
link   
The explanation for this entire thing is relatively simple. It's election time again. Once the election is over, it'll all start up again.

Of course, make no mistake, it doesn't really matter who is in any government office. They will have their way regardless of that. But the way I see it is I reckon they'd probably just have to work a lot harder at it if the voters turned on the Democracks and voted in a bunch of Rethuglicans. Bush did a lot of the same stuff and he got away with it but if you remember those years, the liberal base was anything but ambivalent about it. They sure as hell seemed to know exactly what the Constitution says about all this then.

As we well know, if it was a Republican president doing all of this, every liberal on the planet would be shouting about it. It's just harder for them to do this sort of thing when the government is dominated by "Republicans".

Since most people are more liberal minded, it's very tough to do this under a conservative banner.

People like "Democrats". They trust them. They believe in all that Marxist BS they're still clinging to. They WANT to believe. They will forgive Obama. And they will be rewarded for their loyalty with a fresh round of betrayal once the election is done.
edit on 13-8-2013 by BrianFlanders because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 11:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Krazysh0t

Obama Promises Broad Review of Surveillance Programs

www.wired.com

Forced by recent leaks to respond to criticism that the government is exploiting legal loopholes to conduct widespread surveillance of U.S. citizens, President Barack Obama publicly acknowledged today that the government needs to be more transparent about its surveillance activities. Obama promised a broad review of the programs to determine what changes Congress needs to make to the Patriot Act to protect privacy and civil liberties.
(visit the link for the full news article)

God...this man is a SERIAL LIAR.

First nothing was happening, then all the FACTS flooded out and he HID from the public, then he went on Leno to say there is no domestic spying and now he is allowing reviews.

It is so damn obvious.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join