It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

No wonder the spooks can get such info on us

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2013 @ 03:24 PM
link   
Argh.....enter

Was looking at a website called shodanhq.com and if you enter the correct search phrases its easy to tap into webcams across the world

with most people never setting passwords etc for netgear gear you can just log in by default with the username "admin" with no password

edit on 9-8-2013 by Maxatoria because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2013 @ 03:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Maxatoria

Its Empty or is that the point, we generate the content and they just take it

Oh ok there it is, nothing a piece of tape or a post it note cant handle besides that people are willing to dump info out without the need to take it they just give it
edit on 9-8-2013 by Brotherman because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2013 @ 03:34 PM
link   
Sorry for f-ing it up at the start

But it shows how easy it is for the spooks to watch us if we don't even put the most basic effort into protecting our privacy

What people need to realise is that the device they use to watch over their kids etc is open by default so the best advice is to read the manual and if theres a mention of the word password then go and change it..while i'm sure the NSA can bypass the password in a few moments it'll stop them doing driveby watching of you

posted on Aug, 9 2013 @ 03:40 PM
link   
Several years ago I spent many evenings searching for web cams. Very interesting it was too. They are all over the place.
People set them up on purpose for people to find. I found some that were pointed at amazing gardens people were growing and wanted to show off. Then there's those over roadways and in the highstreets all over the world, and of course you find the occasional cam looking into someones bedroom!! but I didn't look at those

Will note the addy for when I've got a bit more bandwidth

posted on Aug, 9 2013 @ 04:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Maxatoria

This is fun.

Got hold of daves webcam and lots of live feed of the outside of his house.
But nothing much happening tho.

Daves webcam

Dave if your reading this you have a very nice garden.

edit on 9/8/2013 by skuly because: dave looks rich

posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 06:39 PM
link   
reply to post by skuly

I just turned on another of daves webcams too lol

top topics

join