It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Systems protecting Earth in peril due to sequester

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2013 @ 03:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by SloAnPainful
reply to post by Ophiuchus 13

I've always agreed with Steven Hawking. "If aliens are visiting Earth they have a sinister agenda". Aliens don't travel light years without some kind of motive, otherwise it would be a waste of their time.

-SAP-

when viewing local EA*RTH some must ask do HUMANS travel large distances across EA*RTH ONLY for sinister reasons politics aside, 1 is talking about the machine within the HEARTS of those told to go PROTECT, not the politics associated which at times seem unclear in agenda.

And so...

posted on Aug, 9 2013 @ 03:25 PM
link   
reply to post by gravitybender

"Protect the planet". LOL

What they'll do will amount to, "Hey, we are in deep sh#. Ya'll watchout!"

posted on Aug, 9 2013 @ 03:30 PM
link   
If it's only inbound asteroids then I doubt they could do much about it. They probably cannot do anything about any extraterrestrial source actually.

posted on Aug, 9 2013 @ 03:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by SloAnPainful
reply to post by Ophiuchus 13

I've always agreed with Steven Hawking. "If aliens are visiting Earth they have a sinister agenda". Aliens don't travel light years without some kind of motive, otherwise it would be a waste of their time.

-SAP-

I do agree that there are extraterrestrials out there and also on this Earth that are evil but no all are. Its like us humans for example not all are bad humans. We shouldn't think that all aliens are negative beings coming here to destroy humans. They are explorers just like our astronauts whose job is to search other planets and report back to HQ.

posted on Aug, 9 2013 @ 04:11 PM
link   

So whats this saying, The US gov is backing out of air craft control?

The truth of the matter is, they can't do anything.

The There is far to many fleets. Get ready for a wave of contacts.
Because here it comes.

There is a major war between 2 species fighting over control of earth. This could be why they are pulling out.
You see the armada of one species, Then you bend to them. All of the sudden, you see another crazy armada appear. Claiming to be an opposing faction. What do you do? Take a step back. And see if my dad can beat up your dad. That's their general idea.

But meh, Jaguar power. The night will show its ever prevelent presence. And in your dreams. You will see the future before your eyes. What will you see when you dream?

posted on Aug, 9 2013 @ 04:19 PM
link   
that music...lol

ya i agree with earlier posters that said its pointless, unless we could do something, which we likely can do stuff, we've been harboring secret technologies since like the 1930's

posted on Aug, 9 2013 @ 04:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by butcherguy

My thought was if they have this system in place what is the point? Have they successfully stopped any asteroids lately, or at all? I mean we have never had a threat right?

You got that right. They have never stopped one, and they couldn't if they tried.
They would be able to tell us to put our heads between our legs and kiss our own asses goodbye.

They wouldn't tell us anyway.
edit on 9-8-2013 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

Yep, thats the first thing I thought too.
They can`t prevent something from hitting us even if they do detect it so why waste money trying to detect things that they can`t do anything to prevent.
It`s not that they don`t have enough money to keep looking it`s that they aren`t spending the money they have correctly, they are financially irresponsible. The fact that they were wasting money looking for things in space that they can`t prevent from hitting us is proof that they are financially irresponsible with they money that they already get.

posted on Aug, 9 2013 @ 04:28 PM
link   
if it's "asteroids" they are talking about, what good is a warning when they can't DO ANYTHING to deal with it anyway. and like has been said already they wouldn't tell the "common man' anyway. so in that case the ONLY change is that those in power will not get warned. TOO BAD FOR THEM.

if it is ET "aliens" then the obvious rejoinder is, "well if you had ADMITTED they existed in the FIRST PLACE, do you think it would have been cut?"

posted on Aug, 9 2013 @ 04:33 PM
link   
reply to post by DivisiveConformity

Great post, btw. Made me chuckle and I totally agree. Last I heard, we still haven't quite resolved how we would even deal with an ET threat in an effective manner so it really is putting up a surveillance camera to watch for incoming tornadoes. The DoD doesn't like the cuts. The USAF doesn't like the cuts and honestly, I see this as them trying to once again get the public anxious about the sequester. If ya'll remember, they said that it was going to impact veteran's burials. Then it was shutting down squadrons that it had already planned on phasing out even before the sequester. Those didn't work so now it's the Hollywood illustrated impending doom but really, what Fox is missing is this:

z

Would've just added that last little touch really. My thoughts? Maybe the DoD should get their military industrial complex under control.

posted on Aug, 9 2013 @ 04:40 PM
link   
Well, if we cut the cost of Obama's vacations, I am sure we could come up with more than enough money to support the program.

Oh, wait....thats being honest, and honest/obama do not belong in the same sentence. Sorry about that.

posted on Aug, 9 2013 @ 04:47 PM
link   
reply to post by phantomjack

Just one vacation to Spain would have covered a lot of it:

In April 2012, Judicial Watch obtained documents through a FOIA lawsuit from the United States Air Force and the United States Secret Service detailing costs associated with what the press described as Michelle Obama’s “whirlwind tour of Spain” in August 2010. According to a Judicial Watch analysis, the trip, which included visits to coastal towns, shopping and a lunch date with the country’s King and Queen, cost the taxpayers at least $467,585.

Sourc e

And, I had a hard time finding this info, because it appears the administration has SCRUBBED the web with details of ALL of the other vacations, except for this one and the Africa one. Why? Because, IMHO, they are the only two that George Bush and Obama have in common, so it doesn't look as bad when the liberals can say, "Look! GWB did it too!"

edit on 9-8-2013 by phantomjack because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2013 @ 06:58 PM
link   

The Air Force says it can no longer afford to scan the sky for extraterrestrial threats that could doom the planet, all because of the sequester cuts Washington forced on itself when it failed to rein in the exploding national deficit.

Translation: We know there are meteor strikes pending but we do not care about you enough (Joe six pack), so we are going to be in our 'safe zones' and blame economics in advance for not giving you the longer range warnings that we actually do afford for ourselves with various global all sky surveyors in operation.

edit on 9-8-2013 by PrimeLight because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 05:25 AM
link   
"The Air Force says it can no longer afford to scan the sky for extraterrestrial threats that could doom the planet, all because of the sequester cuts Washington forced on itself when it failed to rein in the exploding national deficit."

Its not like they can do anything even if they detect something incoming. Also we have been around at least since the beginning of recorded history, probably a lot longer and we are still here to moan about the fact.

Spend the money on the poor and underprivileged! Essentially on improving a situation that you actually have some measure of control over.

edit on 10-8-2013 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 05:44 AM
link   
The sequester was a cut in the amount of funding INCREASES all agencies PROJECTED they would have over LAST YEAR. There were no cuts in spending on current projects except the ones ordered to be cut by DC to make the LIE appear to be not a lie. Suddenly FedGov agencies being pleaded with to spend millions so there doesn't appear any surplus at the end of this fiscal year, which would expose the LIE.
edit on 10-8-2013 by tkwasny because: (no reason given)

edit on 10-8-2013 by tkwasny because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 05:53 AM
link   
I thought that the dirigible over DC was taking care of business or is that just for ground based threats?

posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 06:38 AM
link   
The big rock has been found. Don't need to look anymore.
1%

posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 07:25 AM
link   
I suspect we will only know if there is something incoming - regardless of whether the technology for finding these threats is working or not - will be when all the little piggies run for cover and the rest of the world can carry on regardless. God help them when they pop up all smiling and rushing to see how much money they have made during the devastation.

posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 07:53 AM
link   
Funny how we spend Bilions of dollars in Wrecking our own planet with weaponry , yet some how spending money to Protect it from More destructive forces coming from outside our planet like comets etc we see as if it is not needed.

Geuss it is not smart to protect our investment , earth.

Because if a 25 plus meter anything hits earth nobody is paying taxes anymore , thus no more lasers to blow boats out of the water...

After the Russia comet this should have been placed on top in our agenda.

Look at the face of the planets , there is a lot more chance of finding comet impact sites then water.

Do we really have to see this Threat in order to see that it is real , because seeing it would be too late.

And maybe this is the project we need , the size of this project would require a all hands on deck situation , and needs support from a lot of countries around the world , all who have their own part to add in this.

Instead of waging war against each other we find ourselfs working together in constructing something that will garantee the safety of both lives , not only the Victorious ones lifes.

TheGreazel.

posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 08:20 AM
link   
The fundamentals of Pascal's wager apply here also,

It is safer to bet that they do exist and are dangerous and prepare as best you can,
Than to assume they don't and do no preparation and then need it one day.

posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 06:26 PM
link   
Really? I need to send an email to my alien overlords in Tau Ceti! Prepare the invasion fleet!

Don't worry people of ATS, you will be spared in the coming alien invasion!

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join