It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Systems protecting Earth in peril due to sequester

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2013 @ 02:16 PM
link   

Systems protecting Earth in peril due to sequester Read more: www.foxnews.com...

www.foxnews.com

The Air Force says it can no longer afford to scan the sky for extraterrestrial threats that could doom the planet, all because of the sequester cuts Washington forced on itself when it failed to rein in the exploding national deficit.
(visit the link for the full news article)

edit on 9-8-2013 by gravitybender because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2013 @ 02:16 PM
link   
Couldn't find anything on ATS about this yet. If it's already been posted please feel free to take it down.

My thoughts: Basically the old rule of thumb is going to apply to this thread. How many times have we heard from Government Officals - "Well, if we only had" or "More money should have gone here".

These typical responses come after warnings and then actions achieved after those warnings. This way they can turn around and say "See, we told ya, you should have listened"

Quite frankly I believe the manipulation of the media machine is the biggest conspiracy of all time, but the reason for my comments are to make note of this article (which is currently front page of FoxNews even though there is a tragic plane crash which should be talked about right now.)

It's almost like they (PTB) love to put fear in us, whether for financial gain or control, it's crazy but I almost think this is the warning before a possible big one. After all comets, meteorites, and doomsday asteroids are all the rage now.

www.foxnews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 9 2013 @ 02:21 PM
link   
Doesn't this indicate that they believe ETs are out there and presumed to be a threat. Is this based on some history that they know.

posted on Aug, 9 2013 @ 02:22 PM
link   
maybe the goverment should stop pumping billions to country's that will not sign up to arms treaties or respect the geneva convention just my 2 cents

posted on Aug, 9 2013 @ 02:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by roadgravel
Doesn't this indicate that they believe ETs are out there and presumed to be a threat. Is this based on some history that they know.

Actually I was just thinking this before you posted.

My thought was if they have this system in place what is the point? Have they successfully stopped any asteroids lately, or at all? I mean we have never had a threat right?

Look how well this system did in alerting us about the meteorite in Russia.

posted on Aug, 9 2013 @ 02:25 PM
link   
reply to post by geobro

I agree, but at the same time maybe they should shut this program down if it is clearly a waste of taxpayer dollars. This defense system has not done anything but track basketball sized debris in space.

I feel as though it is being used as a scare tactic to boost funds.

posted on Aug, 9 2013 @ 02:26 PM
link   
reply to post by gravitybender

One would think instead of having a system to predict an prevent ET or threats to earth, they should of mae a system to predict and prevent Sequesters from happening.

But you know, I once put together toolboxes for my crew chief squad and the foam was more than what I've seen full toolbox sets go for, an that's just to hold the tools...

posted on Aug, 9 2013 @ 02:27 PM
link   
I just saw this on the FOX website. It has a picture of a huge asteroid hanging over Earth.
It certainly got my attention. As for the story ... I have no doubt that we'll get nailed some time ...
There is no escaping it ... IMHO

posted on Aug, 9 2013 @ 02:32 PM
link   

My thought was if they have this system in place what is the point? Have they successfully stopped any asteroids lately, or at all? I mean we have never had a threat right?

You got that right. They have never stopped one, and they couldn't if they tried.
They would be able to tell us to put our heads between our legs and kiss our own asses goodbye.

They wouldn't tell us anyway.
edit on 9-8-2013 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2013 @ 02:39 PM
link   
this cost should be shared world wide and taken from the defence budget of each country what would it cost per country a few 100.000 peanuts really

link   
Remember back when that asteroid hit Russia a few months ago and everyone was all hyped up about improving our ability to detect these near-earth asteroids? Whatever happened to that? I guess the politicians just made a bunch of noise to placate the masses then went about doing what they always do, waste money on the wrong things.

link   

Originally posted by roadgravel

Extra terrestrial does not mean aliens only!

They are talking about meteors, asteroids, other countries from the air, etc.....

I want to believe in aliens as much as the next person, but I do not believe this is all they are talking about here....Just my 2 cents

posted on Aug, 9 2013 @ 02:45 PM
link   
Oh no, we can no longer afford to detect extraterrestrial threats. In other words, we're in exactly the same position we were in when we could afford to detect extraterrestrial threats.

Spending money on detecting extraterrestrial threats is like putting up a surveillance camera when you find out your house is in the direct path of a tornado. Sure, you'll get a cool view before it hits, but all you're really doing is giving yourself more time to ponder your own demise.

Face it, we can't do anything about extraterrestrial threats - whether they be intelligent or natural. We are nowhere near as great as we like to pretend we are.

posted on Aug, 9 2013 @ 02:49 PM
link   
It sounds like that they are going to activate project bluebeam to get public on the side of the governments. Keep your eyes open.

posted on Aug, 9 2013 @ 02:57 PM
link   

They don't need to scan because they know they are already here...

Why waste resources when the already know?

-SAP-

posted on Aug, 9 2013 @ 02:59 PM
link   
reply to post by SloAnPainful

Maybe the system is being upgraded and some of the workers there will be placed elsewhere within similar sectors of employment under different name... Still Scanning.

posted on Aug, 9 2013 @ 03:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by SloAnPainful

They don't need to scan because they know they are already here...

Why waste resources when the already know?

-SAP-

Star for you and I believe that you are correct. The Greys have been on Earth for a long time working with the US. More Alien species will be arriving soon and its going to end up like the series " Falling Skies " Alien vs Alien on Earth. But that's my theory lol

posted on Aug, 9 2013 @ 03:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Sk8ergrl

Interesting theory Sk8ergrl...

Optimistic as much as possible in vibrations for Peace.

NAMASTE
LOVE LIGHT ETERNIA*******

posted on Aug, 9 2013 @ 03:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Ophiuchus 13

I've always agreed with Steven Hawking. "If aliens are visiting Earth they have a sinister agenda". Aliens don't travel light years without some kind of motive, otherwise it would be a waste of their time.

-SAP-

posted on Aug, 9 2013 @ 03:11 PM
link   
Its scare mongering to put the coals to the politicians, and to get the people up in arms. Sequester is stupid, we should have a system where our Reps can actually accomplish something. The fact that they don't means we should fire them all.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join