It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How the Koch Bros and Big Tobacco started the Tea Party

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 01:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by macman
So, let me get this straight.
People are supposed to be outraged over the Tea Party, because it received funding from an industry?
How about this. Why not use your rage on the groups you align yourself with, like I don't know, every group funded by Soros.
Maybe, just maybe, you should spend more time cleaning up YOUR own backyard, before you go knocking on your neighbors door.
Typical Progressives. It is okay for them to receive funding from Industries and an individual that has brought down a few economies, yet it is the actions of Satan himself if Conservative groups get some funding from an industry.
It is always different for Progressives.

As there is no Progressive version of the Tea Party, your rant is moot.

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 01:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by BritofTexas

As there is no Progressive version of the Tea Party, your rant is moot.

Now I know that your head is in the sand.

So, Code Pink is not considered a "grassroots" organization? Or OWS? Or any other Progressive group?

Willful ignorance should be punished with a painful slap to the face.

edit on 12-8-2013 by macman because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 01:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by macman
Now I know that your head is in the sand.
So, Code Pink is not considered a "grassroots" organization? Or OWS? Or any other Progressive group?

Either of those have a Caucasus in the House?

I believe not.

Willful ignorance should be punished with a painful slap to the face.

edit on 12-8-2013 by macman because: (no reason given)

Threats of violence usually do come with the realization of being wrong.

But I'll tell you what. You slap your monitor as hard as you can, and I'll tell you if I could feel it.

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 01:55 PM
link   
reply to post by BritofTexas

I know you are terribly concerned about Koch money, are you concerned about soros money?

Organizations Funded Directly by George Soros and his Open Society Institute

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 02:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Carreau

Nice list.

However, as I asked another poster.

Any of those groups have a Caucasus in the House?

If not. Then only the Kochs have their own Caucasus.

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 02:10 PM
link   
George Soros and the Rockefellers fund many left-wing groups....

the Koch Brothers just tried to co-opt a movement that had already begun

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 02:16 PM
link   

Either of those have a Caucasus in the House?

I believe not.

Oh really??? I guess they aren't the ones holding up the Democratic party.

But, regardless. The willfulness of some, Progressives, as the "It's different" crowd is truly telling to who you really are.

It is okay when this group does it (Funds from companies/industry) but not okay for this other group.

Threats of violence usually do come with the realization of being wrong.

Your armchair counseling attempt is cute, but.....I never threatened violence to you. I made a statement in general. Sounds like you took offense, as your subconscious seems to identify with it.
Telling, very telling indeed.

But I'll tell you what. You slap your monitor as hard as you can, and I'll tell you if I could feel it.

Okay then

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 02:17 PM
link   

Pelosi and the serial groper in San Diego founded the Progressive Caucus in the House. Look it up

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 03:45 PM
link   

reply to post by Carreau

Nice list.

However, as I asked another poster.

Any of those groups have a Caucasus in the House?

If not. Then only the Kochs have their own Caucasus.

Uhm, Soros funds pretty much every member of the far left in DC. He doesn't own a caucus, he owns a goddamned entire political party. Party = a wee bit more potency than a half a dozen Congressmen in a caucus. Remove your blinders, my man.

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 02:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by burdman30ott6
Uhm, Soros funds pretty much every member of the far left in DC. He doesn't own a caucus, he owns a goddamned entire political party. Party = a wee bit more potency than a half a dozen Congressmen in a caucus. Remove your blinders, my man.

Every politician in office receives money from special interests, This thread is not about that. If you wish to start one on campaign finance reform, then please do.

This thread is about an Astro Turf organization being started and funded by the Koch Brothers with the help of Tobacco companies.

Enjoy your Binders, my man.

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 08:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by NOTurTypical
reply to post by Loveaduck

There is Corporate America, mega giants who make a living sucking dry the people and there is everyday Americans themselves.

That's because both need each other to survive. The worker needs the job and the company needs the labor. Until the point that the laborer demands enough that he puts himself out of a job because it would be less expensive to purchase tech to do the job a human laborer once did.

In A society driven and manipulated by Capitalist because that sounds a little like a corporate exec or CEO talking. The industry needs the consumer more than the consumer needs the industry, in most cases. How do they need each other? Need the jobs? Have we reached something like the Matrix, the Hunger Games already? There are other jobs and things that need doing. Who says this group of conglomerates that have a corner on the widget market is the only game in town? If it is, maybe it's time to rethink your priorities and do things differently?

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 03:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by 2XOHsurf
Anybody with half a brain should understand... Obama started the modern tea party. Duh!

Is this really what people with half a brain are thinking?
I would not be a bit surprised because it is so far from the truth it isn't even funny.

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 04:44 AM
link   

well I just tried but the page couldn't be displayed. What was it, Huffpo or some Soros nonsense?
Oh by the way Soros has been linked to the ramping up of war in Syria. www.geoengineeringwatch.org...
And also by the way, Center for Media and Democracy is funded by Soros. Just thought you might like to know

www.mrc.org...
edit on 10-9-2013 by ThirdEyeofHorus because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 04:54 AM
link   

Occupy is the Progressive version of T Party. Tea Party is not a real party, any more than Occupy Wall Street is. But it is a force to be reckoned with, as is Occupy.

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 05:15 AM
link   
reply to post by NOTurTypical

The Tea Party grew in size and scope in 2009 as a response to the obvious Marxism of a newly elected POTUS. People who saw the handwriting on the wall and decided to do something about it.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join