It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Yall Should Write More! [Fighters,. Scholars & Writers Wanted!]

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2013 @ 12:17 PM
link   
Hey guys,

Just a friendly reminder, we have a Short Stories Forum.

There's a contest currently running.

I would encourage any and all members to participate, either by reading and then voting with stars and flags, or putting in a submission.

There is no skill level requirement, any and all members are welcome to give it shot. The format has been changed to encourage non writer status members to participate.

Yes, this is a shameless plug, but there you have it

~Tenth
edit on 8/9/2013 by tothetenthpower because: (no reason given)

Thinking about it a little more, we also have a wonderful debate forum that doesn't get as much attention as it should. Considering all the in fighting and hard topics we cover on the boards daily, you'd think more people would have to have proper, moderated debates about these high profile issues.

posted on Aug, 9 2013 @ 12:32 PM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

I'm working on it, but the grandkid keeps trying to "help". It may take me until near the deadline at this rate!

posted on Aug, 9 2013 @ 12:46 PM
link   
I enjoy reading the writing forum but participating brings back memories of highschool and how I sweat bullets having to write papers. I was soooo critical of my work that I would re-do every assignment over and over. I do the same with my threads on ATS. Jkrog use to read my threads before I posted them and would always give me crap for deleting ones I had written up without posting. I have always been very critical of my writing.

I did enter a few contests in highschool and won but let me tell you the anxiety those assignments gave me was unreal! I don't know why I'm so critical of my writing but i am.

Maybe one day I could participate if the contest suits my interests.

Until then I'll just read and S/F posts I enjoy.

posted on Aug, 9 2013 @ 12:46 PM
link   

when i click on your link i get a small screen asking for my user name and password is this normal ?

posted on Aug, 9 2013 @ 12:50 PM
link   
reply to post by geobro

My bad, I put the link for the new ATS site that we are beta testing, it's password protected.

I've updated the link

~Tenth

posted on Aug, 9 2013 @ 12:51 PM
link   
reply to post by mblahnikluver

Mblah, now there's a member I wish we had writing short stories.

You know that I normally let the membership somewhat choose the topic, so please be vocal and let me know if there's a theme or a certain kind of writing that would spark your interests.

It's just as important for me to make contests and events that suit the members tastes!

~Tenth

posted on Aug, 9 2013 @ 12:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by tothetenthpower
reply to post by geobro

My bad, I put the link for the new ATS site that we are beta testing, it's password protected.

I've updated the link

~Tenth

You gotta stop doing that, its freaking us out!!!

posted on Aug, 9 2013 @ 01:01 PM
link   
reply to post by FortAnthem

Still sorta freaks me out

posted on Aug, 9 2013 @ 09:25 PM
link   
I do plenty of fighting on ATS
Can I still get the title for my avatar?

No? WHY NOT?!

posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 01:43 AM
link   
I will be back to writeing soon ive been in and out of the hospital for the last few months but i do miss this forum
peace,sugarcookie1

posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 03:51 AM
link   

Trying to get in time to punch a tale out and make time to read all the others.

New business = little time + expanding business = NO time spare.

Happy with the new format though, might bring a bit more attention to the forum and attract some new writers.

posted on Aug, 11 2013 @ 10:09 PM
link   
I have an idea for a story but am working it out. I'd like to join in more, especially debate, but would be better when feeling more up to par with the competition and status, let alone more time.

edit on 11-8-2013 by dreamingawake because: sp

new topics

top topics

join