It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama Tells Schools Not To Discipline Black Students For Bad Behavior

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2013 @ 06:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Battleline
reply to post by ButterCookie

This will have the same result(only I think worse) as Obamacare and the lack of doctors in that teachers will not teach in predominantly black schools in fear of there safety and parents will do what they have to in order to keep there kids safe (home school or move to other schools).

Point being the schools will loose money and not be able to hire teachers.

This is a coup for black students that don't want to be in school anyway but a disaster for black students that want an education.

What kind of a person does this? just because of a person's skin color they are except from discipline,............you can't get much more racist then this.

Agreed.

My daughter came over to me while posting on this thread and asked what it was about. She is 9yrs old (and we are black, for those who don't know me).

When I told her, the FIRST thing she said was:

"WHAT!! Mommy, that's racist."

I asked her to explain her statement. (I always teach my children to understand their points and to be able to defend them, whether I agree or not).

She said, "Because...just because President Obama is black doesn't mean he gets to make laws that are for black people only. That's not fair to other races."

posted on Aug, 9 2013 @ 06:42 PM
link   
I know this is an old poem, but it hangs in my home, and I read it ever so often for a reminder. It needs to be resurrected.

CHILDREN LEARN WHAT THEY LIVE

Dorothy Law Nolte

If a child lives with criticism,
he learns to condemn.

If a child lives with hostility,
he learns to fight.

If a child lives with fear,
he learns to be apprehensive.

If a child lives with pity,
he learns to feel sorry for himself.

If a child lives with ridicule,
he learns to be shy.

If a child lives with jealousy,
he learns what envy is.

If a child lives with shame,
he learns to feel guilty.

If a child lives with encouragement,
he learns to be confident.

If a child lives with tolerance,
he learns to be patient.

If a child lives with praise,
he learns to be appreciative.

If a child lives with acceptance,
he learns to love.

If a child lives with approval,
he learns to like himself.

If a child lives with recognition,
he learns that it is good to have a goal.

If a child lives with sharing,
he learns about generosity.

If a child lives with honesty and fairness,
he learns what truth and justice are.

If a child lives with security,
he learns to have faith in himself and in those about him.

If a child lives with friendliness,
he learns that the world is a nice place in which to live.

If you live with serenity,
your child will live with peace of mind.

With what is your child living?

posted on Aug, 9 2013 @ 06:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by stormcell

Originally posted by ButterCookie
Speaking of unruly black students, what is being done to those animals that attacked the boy on the the bus? Surely Obama won't speak out on this...
edit on 9-8-2013 by ButterCookie because: (no reason given)

www.thegatewaypundit.com...

Gulfport police arrested three 15-year-old boys, who each face aggravated battery charges. One teen is also charged with taking cash from the younger boy. Police say the boy was kicked and stomped about 23 times.

Hmmmm...well that's a start, I suppose.

But why aren't their faces plastered for the nation to mock? Why aren't the race baiters scheduling a march for the white teen?

Could this white teen have been Obama's son also??

CNN and MSNBC haven't covered this story, not that I have seen.....

posted on Aug, 9 2013 @ 06:59 PM
link   
U
N
C
L
E

T
O
M
edit on 9-8-2013 by CaptainNemo because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2013 @ 07:11 PM
link   

What did anyone expect? The illiterate majority of morons in this screwed up Country elected this idiot. For Christ sake he and his family attended a racist church where they labeled white people as "devils". This circus side show has no end, other than a very bad one. What a complete joke. ~$heopleNation

posted on Aug, 9 2013 @ 07:12 PM
link   
This topic is incredibly deceiving, and is nothing more than a combination of Republican propaganda and racism. Incredible.

Has anybody actually read the executive order? I just did, and nowhere does it even remotely suggest black students will not be disciplined or favored. The article is a spin job, that's why it never cites the actual documentation.

The TC and whoever believes this are incredibly gullible. If anybody dis-agrees please point out the relevant section in the executive order which suggests the article is correct.

As soon as I saw it was a republican site I knew it would be in-correct. That party is dying and desperate, this is low, even for them.

posted on Aug, 9 2013 @ 07:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shadow Herder
Maybe the hope is that since any type of problem at school most likely have the student expelled and in most cases the student does not return to school therefor living a uneducated life on the streets and after 2 decades of this you will have a large population of people with no purpose.

We already do...

posted on Aug, 9 2013 @ 07:17 PM
link   
I can tell by the title that it was written in a way to play with people's emotions.
That's not nice.
That's why I didn't react so quickly with an emotional response. I know how the game works now, use words that will trigger people's emotions in a positive or negative way depending on how you wish to manipulate their view..

posted on Aug, 9 2013 @ 07:18 PM
link   

I have a lot of respect for you because you see what is going on. Obama-care as well is going to crush the impoverished Black community because they will get fined if they can't afford the mandated coverage.

This in turn will eventually destroy their credit scores after collection agencies report on them, which in turn they will never be able to own their own vehicle, mortgage a home or even apply for a simple credit card without being denied. Obama is not helping the poor, nor the middle class either, he is killing them. ~$heopleNation

posted on Aug, 9 2013 @ 07:20 PM
link   
Nothing a leather belt can't fix.

posted on Aug, 9 2013 @ 07:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cynicaleye
This topic is incredibly deceiving, and is nothing more than a combination of Republican propaganda and racism. Incredible.

Has anybody actually read the executive order? I just did, and nowhere does it even remotely suggest black students will not be disciplined or favored. The article is a spin job, that's why it never cites the actual documentation.

The TC and whoever believes this are incredibly gullible. If anybody dis-agrees please point out the relevant section in the executive order which suggests the article is correct.

As soon as I saw it was a republican site I knew it would be in-correct. That party is dying and desperate, this is low, even for them.

Let me remind you of history in this country...Racism actually goes hand in hand with the Democratic Party.

Back on topic, did you read the Executive Order? Explain to us the need for this order to specify African American students SEVERAL times, and does it not also state that that schools 'should' come up with other methods rather than discipline for BLACK students when they act unruly??

posted on Aug, 9 2013 @ 07:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by votan

helping African American students graduate from high school prepared for college and a career, in part by promoting a positive school climate that does not rely on methods that result in disparate use of disciplinary tools, and by supporting successful and innovative dropout prevention and recovery strategies that better engage African American

So if I and an african american commit an action that requires what is referred too as a different kind of discipline.... the african american gets a by on that disciplinary tool.. but i get it..

so your treatment is based on the color of your skin once again..

No. This is in response to the way African American children already receive different disciplinary action. This section is just asking that they receive the same punishment as others, not no punishment.

posted on Aug, 9 2013 @ 07:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Garkiniss

helping African American students graduate from high school prepared for college and a career, in part by promoting a positive school climate that does not rely on methods that result in disparate use of disciplinary tools, and by supporting successful and innovative dropout prevention and recovery strategies that better engage African American

So if I and an african american commit an action that requires what is referred too as a different kind of discipline.... the african american gets a by on that disciplinary tool.. but i get it..

so your treatment is based on the color of your skin once again..

No. This is in response to the way African American children already receive different disciplinary action. This section is just asking that they receive the same punishment as others, not no punishment.

well explain to me the "different" type of disciplinary action???

are you saying that if i and an african american act the same exact way right now I get treated differently as opposed to the african american??

are you saying that different forms of discipline exist today solely for african americans and this executive order is here to rectify that??

so if i go to a school right now under the school hand book under the disciplinary action section you will find in the index

Chpt 20 Discipline
A. White discipline
B. Asian Discipline
C. Brown Dicipline
D. Black discipline.

edit on 9-8-2013 by votan because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2013 @ 07:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by ButterCookie

Originally posted by Cynicaleye

Let me remind you of history in this country...Racism actually goes hand in hand with the Democratic Party.

Back on topic, did you read the Executive Order? Explain to us the need for this order to specify African American students SEVERAL times, and does it not also state that that schools 'should' come up with other methods rather than discipline for BLACK students when they act unruly??

Explain why it refers to African American students several times? Urr because it's about the education of African American students?

All it says is that schools should make sure black students aren't being un-fairly punished and discriminated against, and that they are able to access the same resources that white students can.

posted on Aug, 9 2013 @ 07:39 PM
link   

are you saying that if i and an african american act the same exact way right now I get treated differently as opposed to the african american??

are you saying that different forms of discipline exist today solely for african americans and this executive order is here to rectify that??

so if i go to a school right now under the school hand book under the disciplinary action section you will find in the index

Chpt 20 Discipline
A. White discipline
B. Asian Discipline
C. Brown Dicipline
D. Black discipline.

Link

Link

Link

Would you like some more? There are literally hundreds of articles and vids to prove the fact.
This EO isn't to give blacks a pass, it's to give them an equal shot. That is all.

The irony of this thread is amazing, btw.

posted on Aug, 9 2013 @ 07:44 PM
link   

Chpt 20 Discipline
A. White discipline
B. Asian Discipline
C. Brown Dicipline
D. Black discipline.

Link

Link

Link

Would you like some more? There are literally hundreds of articles and vids to prove the fact.
This EO isn't to give blacks a pass, it's to give them an equal shot. That is all.

An equal shot at what?

Brown v Board of Education upheld that blacks can attend schools with whites, which had been segregated and they would have remained that way had it not been for Republicans....

So what is it that they need an equal shot at???

posted on Aug, 9 2013 @ 07:51 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag

And it is spreading, there is also a strong increase in racisms in Basil it become very clear during the celebrations of its discovery.

To a point its idiotic and the result of cultural exploitation of media, education system that results in a fragmented and ignorant society. There was slavery long before Africa was exploited, most Europeans at a time were also slaves, from Greece, Egypt and Rome all exploited cheap labor and skin color was not the defining trait...

Consider for example the first Empire, the Portuguese to a point the less violent of all subsequent ones and the less radicalized in regards to racial bias (that is until English influence predominated). Portugal due to demographic constraints had to get labor and colons to enable control over the new territories, even the unpopulated ones. For example Cape Verde, Madeira and Açores were uninhabited, a large number of colons weren't even Portuguese.

The industrial slavery trouble started really with the need to produce sugar, coffee, tobacco and other intensive productions cotton and tea to supply Europe. We all know what nation took control of those things, that developed the economics systems and insurance that permitted the increase in naval commerce and how it all permitted it to have a leg up to foster its primacy in the industrial revolution and warfare.

I'm not stating that slavery should be dismissed but it should be properly contextualized in the times is occurred and why it occurred, it is clearly that in the US civil rights have always been a mess especially when liking to voting (that is still a mess) most European nations solved those issues long before. In the south of the US lack of industrialization/mechanization and continued reliance on cheap labor and lack of populations were the principal culprits that permitted it to become institutionalized and a cultural burden to the nation...

posted on Aug, 9 2013 @ 07:53 PM
link   

Chpt 20 Discipline
A. White discipline
B. Asian Discipline
C. Brown Dicipline
D. Black discipline.

Link

Link

Link

that gives statistics of who gets suspended more... but it really doesn't tell me the reasons behind the suspensions other than leading me to believe it was race based..

Have you ever thought that perhaps they get in trouble more often simply because they have behavior problems?? so they continue to do things and they get suspended more often?? have you ever thought about that??

Give me the infractions and the disparity between the offenses including the number of times they had caused trouble before they were suspended.

Look i went to many different schools where i was a minority. never got treated differently, my brother didn't get treated differently and neither did my sister.

however people who consistently continued to break rules were treated differently and were more prone to get suspended or expelled than those who didn't misbehave as much.

To give them an equal shot to what?? you wouldn't have to worry about discipline if you behaved!!!!!!!!

my problem with this is why does there need to be an executive order for this..

a better executive order would be to mandate parents to teach their kids to behave.. that way you don't have to worry about the discipline..

posted on Aug, 9 2013 @ 07:58 PM
link   

An equal shot at resources. Even after the act, things like books and qualified teachers remained disparate in rural areas populated mostly by blacks and urban areas packed with minorities. I guess you also feel that 20 acres and a mule was enough, huh. Still today, blacks fail out of college in high rates because they don't seek resources like tutoring. I know myself, I felt stupid asking for help with anything. The only thing that made me want to seek out education was a set of tattered encyclopedia's from the 70's gifted to me by a teacher in the early 2000s. But I would read those books cover to cover many times and now I'm a better person because of it.

Take a walk with me in a Chicago Public School as a student for the day, see how you like what they put in front of you.

posted on Aug, 9 2013 @ 08:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by CaptainNemo

An equal shot at resources. Even after the act, things like books and qualified teachers remained disparate in rural areas populated mostly by blacks and urban areas packed with minorities. I guess you also feel that 20 acres and a mule was enough, huh. Still today, blacks fail out of college in high rates because they don't seek resources like tutoring. I know myself, I felt stupid asking for help with anything. The only thing that made me want to seek out education was a set of tattered encyclopedia's from the 70's gifted to me by a teacher in the early 2000s. But I would read those books cover to cover many times and now I'm a better person because of it.

Take a walk with me in a Chicago Public School as a student for the day, see how you like what they put in front of you.

till today, blacks fail out of college in high rates because they don't seek resources like tutoring.

isn't that kind of a you problem?? Most syllabuses include information on additional resources to help you in your class.....

An equal shot at resources.

Last i checked everyone has access to a library. Pell grants if you have good grades AND if you are minority you get more perks.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join