It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama Tells Schools Not To Discipline Black Students For Bad Behavior

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2013 @ 03:51 PM
link   
reply to post by ButterCookie

There's just so much wrong with this I don't even know where to begin.

Yet another Excutive Order. How many times have we heard this phrase since this guy has been in office? Why an executive order? Because he can bypass Congress and create any law he wants with no opposition, in the dark of night where almost no one will notice.

I am convinced that the purpose of this is to further fuel racial tensions. Call me a conspiracy nut, but this guy wants to get white people and black people fighting. He's doing everything in his power to have it happen.

Mark my words, we will see much more of this before he leaves office and Hillary the hag will be the next president and won't change a thing.

posted on Aug, 9 2013 @ 04:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by ButterCookie
I agree with you and Queen of Words...this is how they do it in Europe, I believe. You are tested at a young age and receive a few more tests ( sorta like our ACT's or SAT's) and placed in a trade or college based on ability or potential.

I'm not so sure this is a good idea if it's mandatory. Think about it...would you want the government to decide what field you will spend the rest of your life working in?

On the other hand, if they give you suggestions based on results, then I think that might be helpful to only a few. People want to choose their own career path.

posted on Aug, 9 2013 @ 04:12 PM
link   

Is this why the bus driver did not intervene?

There's a similar story of another fight on another bus where the driver intervened, then later was sued by some of the bullies' parents for abuse/harrassment, and ultimately fired.

Do nothing, fired. Do something, sued and fired!!!!!!!

WTF????????

posted on Aug, 9 2013 @ 04:12 PM
link   
yeah i didn't mean it would be mandatory. have a variety of trade guilds and let people choose if they want to attend one. right now, the school system is lacking in the interesting effects of hands on training and learning. everyone has to sit, glued to a chair for many years.

posted on Aug, 9 2013 @ 04:27 PM
link   
reply to post by kaylaluv

Interestingly, one of the goals of the E.O. is to increase positive family engagement in the education process. Not so horrible a goal, is it?

It always looks good on paper. Then comes time to implement the execution of their plans and it will fall apart. I don't usually have a hard time believing in something I can't see, I believe in Jesus. But when it comes to this? I'll believe it when I see it and by see it I mean have the case studies in my hands reading over them for evidence that his experiment works, and that's all this is, just an experiment and if it works like all his other experiments I expect it to explode in our faces.

posted on Aug, 9 2013 @ 04:39 PM
link   
Executive orders aren`t worth the paper they are written on until they are funded, If congress agrees to fund this then they are equally guilty.

The real losers are going to be the black kids because they won`t be receiving an adequate education they will be unemployable adults.

posted on Aug, 9 2013 @ 04:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tardacus

The real losers are going to be the black kids because they won`t be receiving an adequate education they will be unemployable adults.

That's the current situation.

posted on Aug, 9 2013 @ 04:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by benrl

Originally posted by jam321

Could you tell me what part of the executive order you don't agree with?

www.whitehouse.gov...

Articles have a tendency to spin things

peace

At every place it said African American it should of said Lower Income, because that what is wrong here. What about upper middle class African American families going to good schools? They need help too?

The education system is in need of massive reforms, the current system allows for a disparity of quality along socioeconomic lines and that's BS.

We need less division not more.

I'd give you a million starts for this if I could! I am white, but I have been poor my whole life. I have received NO advantages. I have been singled out and picked on just because of the way I dressed, looked down upon because I couldn't afford things that every other kid could. Blacks and poor people as a WHOLE are in this together, we ALL need help. Things like this should bring us together, not push us farther apart

posted on Aug, 9 2013 @ 05:06 PM
link   
The black people did this, the white people did that. The black people did this, the white people did that. The black people did this, the white people did that. The black people did this, the white people did that. The black people did this, the white people did that. The black people did this, the white people did that. The black people did this, the white people did that. The black people did this, the white people did that. The black people did this, the white people did that .The black people did this, the white people did that. bla bla bla... next

posted on Aug, 9 2013 @ 05:12 PM
link   

reply to post by beezzer

Absolutely.

The article goes on to mention this:

To comply, public schools would have to engage in a racial quota system of discipline. The executive order will create a new Federal bureaucracy to pressure school systems to comply with the president’s demands. The executive order makes no mention of any effort to get black students to improve behavior.

So there is a 'quota' on the number of black students that are disciplined, or it will be seen as 'racist?'

Please tell me they are kidding.

And where is the 'Civil Rights INDUSTRY', because it is a money making machine. on the matter of the white teen being attacked?

Quotas never end well.

If there is a quota system you will see White, Asian and Spanish people suddenly getting disciplined simply because they have to be to meet up with quotas. And then black students will realize they have a green light to act bad...

posted on Aug, 9 2013 @ 05:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by superman2012
Does anyone not know that the POTUS is racist? I think most of us clued in as soon as he started talking about the Martin/Zimmerman case.

Equal rights are supposed to be equal right?

without violating TC due to my foot in mouth style of conveyance.

What I have discovered from the racist fringe of black americans is startling. While in the military, I worked with some Navy guys along with the rest of us misfits..lol,

2 of the black sailors were muslim as a result of the Navy pushing its 'pick a religion' drive in the early 90's. They were so racist and the Captain of the carrier group had to split up a crew of about 30 that formed.

One guy was cool and not a part of them but had been curious and they kept trying to sway him. Anyway, what they truly felt is EQUAL means... until "we" do to them as was "done to us" (this logic flew me over the cuckoo nest) it ain't equal.

Whites have to get discriminated against, restricted from the nice new 'burbs, etc. until a period of time that seems "equal".

just look at affirmative action.. it basically holds a title of nobility preference system.

posted on Aug, 9 2013 @ 05:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shadow Herder
Maybe the hope is that since any type of problem at school most likely have the student expelled and in most cases the student does not return to school therefor living a uneducated life on the streets and after 2 decades of this you will have a large population of people with no purpose.

If a student is conducting behavior that warrants them being expelled, they sure as **** aren't sitting quietly at their desk taking in and writing everything the teacher is telling them. They're going to live an uneducated life either way, and the worse thing is, they're going to take many others who do want to move up in the world with them.

I had problem transfer students in some of my classes, and you would not believe how disruptive one little punk could be, just by making silly noises, running around or throwing things at people, and getting the whole class blanket detention because whenever a teacher did tried telling him off, he'd say that teacher was picking on him. Many of us had to choose course subjects simply so we could avoid these type of students.

This isn't about improving education standards, this is about expanding the ghettoes as far as possible and getting more people dependent on big government. If they really wanted to fix education, they would be constructing new magnet schools.

posted on Aug, 9 2013 @ 05:34 PM
link   

Speaking of unruly black students, what is being done to those animals that attacked the boy on the the bus? Surely Obama won't speak out on this...
edit on 9-8-2013 by ButterCookie because: (no reason given)

www.thegatewaypundit.com...

Gulfport police arrested three 15-year-old boys, who each face aggravated battery charges. One teen is also charged with taking cash from the younger boy. Police say the boy was kicked and stomped about 23 times.

posted on Aug, 9 2013 @ 05:37 PM
link   
reply to post by jam321

(iii) decreasing the disproportionate number of referrals of African American children from general education to special education by addressing the root causes of the referrals and eradicating discriminatory referrals

vi) reducing the dropout rate of African American students and helping African American students graduate from high school prepared for college and a career, in part by promoting a positive school climate that does not rely on methods that result in disparate use of disciplinary tools

dropouts, or kicked out?

because the root cause of discipline is the kid's skin color, not the stolen property in his locker.

honestly. let's take a step back and think about this. do you realize how quickly a school would be sued if they had no better reason to discipline someone than the color of their skin? (well, so long as their skin color is black)

the problem is not racism, it's cultural. bring up young men listening to the garbage rap/hip-hop that glorifies being a "gansta", bustin' caps in posteriors, degrading women, and doing massive quantities of drugs cuz it's cool leads to problems. serious life problems.

posted on Aug, 9 2013 @ 05:54 PM
link   

At a loss for words...

Obama Tells Schools Not to Discipline Black Students for Bad Behavior

and there you have it.

The article is a blatant lie. Anyone who's read the actual Executive Order would know that.

Here... have a read.

Link

There's no mention of a "free pass" for bad behavior.

edit on 9-8-2013 by Garkiniss because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2013 @ 06:01 PM
link   
We have a serious problem with our youth, our school systems, our attitudes.

Too much dividing going on.

Throwing money at the problem hasn't worked for decades. Yet they continue to do this.

Segregating based on skin colour doesn't work, look at history.

EO's pandering to "whatever" is just lip service to continue dividing.

Sometimes I wish we'd just all go blind. But then there'd be divisiveness based on the timbre of your voice.

Why not just treat people based on the content of character? Sorry to bring MLK back into discussion, but I think he'd agree.

posted on Aug, 9 2013 @ 06:03 PM
link   
reply to post by kaylaluv

Don't remember busing, do you?

It was supposed to cure all those things. Another failed social experiment.

posted on Aug, 9 2013 @ 06:03 PM
link   
I simply do not know what to say about this. Many black youth I knew and grew up with had good grades although their parents had been nurses, lawyers and doctors. Their parents pushed them hard and they had to follow a bunch of rules. Honestly some of my black friends had the best attitudes of anyone I knew "always happy, always kind ect they didn't disrupt class or start fights. But that is when the parents actually care about their kids, help them with their homework, guide and lead them in the correct direction all if not most of the parents of my black friends did a very good job at it and they should be proud of their accomplishment. It all comes down to the parents plain and simple. If the child cant read, speaks Ebonics and is unruly it was learned. This isn't something a school can stop.

posted on Aug, 9 2013 @ 06:24 PM
link   

(iii) decreasing the disproportionate number of referrals of African American children from general education to special education by addressing the root causes of the referrals and eradicating discriminatory referrals;

(vi) reducing the dropout rate of African American students and helping African American students graduate from high school prepared for college and a career, in part by promoting a positive school climate that does not rely on methods that result in disparate use of disciplinary tools, and by supporting successful and innovative dropout prevention and recovery strategies that better engage African American youths in their learning, help them catch up academically, and provide those who have left the educational system with pathways to reentry;

i guess i had to read it to believe it...

posted on Aug, 9 2013 @ 06:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Garkiniss

At a loss for words...

Obama Tells Schools Not to Discipline Black Students for Bad Behavior

and there you have it.

The article is a blatant lie. Anyone who's read the actual Executive Order would know that.

Here... have a read.

Link

There's no mention of a "free pass" for bad behavior, nor is there any part of this that discusses behavior at all.

(iii) decreasing the disproportionate number of referrals of African American children from general education to special education by addressing the root causes of the referrals and eradicating discriminatory referrals;

so if i have a math deficiency or a learning "disability" I can get referred to special education.. but if an african american has the same problem I have they get a pass simply because they want to decrease the number of referrals on african americans??

It doesn't matter which situation is better or worse.. but i see a different kind of treatment based on the color of ones skin....

helping African American students graduate from high school prepared for college and a career, in part by promoting a positive school climate that does not rely on methods that result in disparate use of disciplinary tools, and by supporting successful and innovative dropout prevention and recovery strategies that better engage African American

So if I and an african american commit an action that requires what is referred too as a different kind of discipline.... the african american gets a by on that disciplinary tool.. but i get it..

so your treatment is based on the color of your skin once again..

I can actually see that happening. two kids do the same thing one kid gets one treatment and another kids gets another based on the color of their skin...
edit on 9-8-2013 by votan because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join