It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama Tells Schools Not To Discipline Black Students For Bad Behavior

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2013 @ 01:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by groingrinder
reply to post by guohua

Star for that. You cannot teach anyone who doesn't want to learn. Those who are not interested in dealing drugs to earn a living will live off the taxpayers dime. Some will do both.

These kids just put no value in education, or acting like they are educated.
edit on 8-9-2013 by groingrinder because: Edited for more.

Well, here's an idea. Why don't we just get rid of all those kids. I hear they got FEMA camps somewhere. Gas showers anyone? Yep, that sounds like an effective plan to me. Let's get an executive order on that right away.

link   

Over a third of African American students do not graduate from high school on time with a regular high school diploma, and only four percent of African American high school graduates interested in college are college-ready across a range of subjects. An even greater number of African American males do not graduate with a regular high school diploma, and African American males also experience disparate rates of incarceration.

I hope this isn't off topic or offensive, but wouldn't a lot of this be an indirect result of the war on drugs? In other words, many of these young people are raised in that type of environment which leads to these results, not simply just because they are African American and are disciplined more.
edit on 9-8-2013 by solongandgoodnight because: added

link   

Originally posted by groingrinder
reply to post by guohua

Star for that. You cannot teach anyone who doesn't want to learn. Those who are not interested in dealing drugs to earn a living will live off the taxpayers dime. Some will do both.

These kids just put no value in education, or acting like they are educated.
edit on 8-9-2013 by groingrinder because: Edited for more.

Thank You groingrinder.
In my humble opinion, over looking bad attitudes, laziness, disciplinary problems, drug abuse and the initiative / uncaring parent at home is the problem and no amount of monies thrown at the education system will correct that problem.
For far to long we've spoiled people with rewards for lazy attitudes toward life and family and tried to make others that have accomplished their goals or have a life feel like it's our fault. It's Not Our Fault!
It's not time to reinforce these type of life style but discourage it.

OMG
You Don't Mean, Get Tough,,,, That's Racist!
That's exactly what it would take, take away the teachers union and give the teachers and administration staff at the schools to actually enforce class room rules and discipline.
Take away the Government tit.

posted on Aug, 9 2013 @ 01:19 PM
link   
reply to post by kaylaluv

your sarcasm is ridiculous and very distasteful.

posted on Aug, 9 2013 @ 01:24 PM
link   
reply to post by butcherguy

Is there another specific EO for Asians?

reply to post by groingrinder

No. Asians are motivated to learn and succeed in life.

Asian Initiative

posted on Aug, 9 2013 @ 01:28 PM
link   
Speaking of unruly black students, what is being done to those animals that attacked the boy on the the bus? Surely Obama won't speak out on this...
edit on 9-8-2013 by ButterCookie because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2013 @ 01:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by solongandgoodnight
reply to post by kaylaluv

your sarcasm is ridiculous and very distasteful.

Boo hoo. I think most of the posts on this thread are ridiculous and distasteful.

posted on Aug, 9 2013 @ 01:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by jam321
reply to post by ButterCookie

Could you tell me what part of the executive order you don't agree with?

www.whitehouse.gov...

Articles have a tendency to spin things

peace

At every place it said African American it should of said Lower Income, because that what is wrong here. What about upper middle class African American families going to good schools? They need help too?

The education system is in need of massive reforms, the current system allows for a disparity of quality along socioeconomic lines and that's BS.

We need less division not more.

posted on Aug, 9 2013 @ 01:51 PM
link   
The government cannot fix anything..
I find it sad, that the POTUS, signed an executive order victimizing blacks.. Making excuses for misbehaving people that are of African decent.. That is called being prejudice towards the other people who decent from other places.. How in the hell that helps anything in public schools is beyond my comprehension, it sounds like it just encourages people to misbehave at school because they believe they can get away with it now, also it enables people to cry out to lawyers with an excuse of being racist or breaking the law..

Just another way to sue the school etc.

I am glad I am not going to school this day and age, the education system is neutered to hell, this guy Obama, is just making this system a bigger dichotomy.

I suggest when out in public, not to make anyone upset, be sure you pay your taxes on time, careful doing any home improvements might break a law you never heard of, its getting to the point where anything we do, is against the law.. Hell I dont think their is much things different government culture wise vs china, in 2013, at the moment, just we get to have guns, and they are working on taking those..

Its a little scary.. Just the fact that this EO, is actually in effect, and allot of the language in it, is lawyer, which means the EO can be bent...

posted on Aug, 9 2013 @ 01:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by jam321
reply to post by butcherguy

Is there another specific EO for Asians?

reply to post by groingrinder

No. Asians are motivated to learn and succeed in life.

Asian Initiative

Is there one for the Irish?

posted on Aug, 9 2013 @ 01:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by ButterCookie
reply to post by LockNLoad

Guoha has answered this question.

And Guohua is correct.

My question to you: Are you not able to see how this order places black students in a victimhood state- that their unruly behavior is to be overlooked because they are somehow at an imagined 'disadvantage' due to color?

Any disadvantages they have are due to single parent homes/parents who did not value their own education, let alone their child's education/ no parental involvement in the school/ drugs and gang violence in their community/ versexualized culture/ ...things of that sort.

Agreed?

No Guohua has not answered the question I posed to you, so I'll try again: Your thread 'title' states "Obama Tells Schools Not To Discipline Black Students For Bad Behavior" and then in your post that I originally quoted and asked my question, you stated "In two places, Obama’s executive order calls on schools to reduce the number disciplinary actions taken against blacks students."

So again I'll ask: "Could you please give direct quotes from the EO that states this??" Shoot I'll even accept wordage in the EO that you can interpret to support your statements.

And just so you know where I stand on this EO, I do not like ANY laws or EO's that are based on the color of ones skin. But I also do not like media race baiting, or the propagation of race baiting.
edit on 9-8-2013 by LockNLoad because: Sp

posted on Aug, 9 2013 @ 01:53 PM
link   
Don't care what color a kid is in school they act up they deserve what is coming to them.

What this is saying is no matter what they can do whatever they want they will not be held accountable for it.

That does sound familiar doesn't it?

Between Detroit, and New York and the falings of AA under performing compared to other demographics.

AA's are just as capable as any other demographic the system has failed them by not pushing them.

Which is what a education is suppose to do give them the necessary 'tool's to succeed in life.

posted on Aug, 9 2013 @ 01:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shadow Herder
Maybe the hope is that since any type of problem at school most likely have the student expelled and in most cases the student does not return to school therefor living a uneducated life on the streets and after 2 decades of this you will have a large population of people with no purpose.

I'm leaning with you....
I don't think it was meant as racist, in that every damn thing is somehow construed these days, instead I think it was meant to stop and 'RESET' The whole world needs a 'pause' button. Something where we can all start from zero again, no advantage, no disadvantage... Start anew and forget old hostilities.

posted on Aug, 9 2013 @ 01:56 PM
link   
Seriously. Do most of you even bother to go read the order or did you believe in what some guy said?

(vi) reducing the dropout rate of African American students and helping African American students graduate from high school prepared for college and a career, in part by promoting a positive school climate that does not rely on methods that result in disparate use of disciplinary tools, and by supporting successful and innovative dropout prevention and recovery strategies that better engage African American youths in their learning, help them catch up academically, and provide those who have left the educational system with pathways to reentry;

This is probably the only part of the order that talks about discipline and what to do about it. What this says is that instead of just suspending them, use other interventions also.

Man, some of you are lame.

posted on Aug, 9 2013 @ 01:59 PM
link   
reply to post by jawnaw2000

that is the problem....

its makes it sound like they are victims that is lame...

posted on Aug, 9 2013 @ 01:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
Don't care what color a kid is in school they act up they deserve what is coming to them.

What this is saying is no matter what they can do whatever they want they will not be held accountable for it.

That does sound familiar doesn't it?

Between Detroit, and New York and the falings of AA under performing compared to other demographics.

AA's are just as capable as any other demographic the system has failed them by not pushing them.

Which is what a education is suppose to do give them the necessary 'tool's to succeed in life.

Absolutely!

And of course, if these ba%!@@@! get arrested or expelled, Sharptona and company will protest, as in Jena 6 incident, and say that their arrest is OF COURSE racially motivated....

posted on Aug, 9 2013 @ 02:04 PM
link   
The president focuses on race, on issues that divide. And instead of trying to bridge that divide, he produces these EO's that only increase division.
The Obama-fans come on here, call anyone who disagrees racist, and mock the idea of equal oppourtunity.

ANY issue that focuses on just whites, blacks, Hispanics, Asians, Greys, what-have-you, will only increase the divisive nature of our culture.

Unfortunately, we have a small, weak man as president that can't look past the colour of skin to form an opinion.

It says a lot about the content of his character.

I am discouraged by the posts of some members who race-bait and can't see past the coattails of their "dear leader".

posted on Aug, 9 2013 @ 02:04 PM
link   
I doubt this idea came directly from Obama's brain.

He employs a "consortium of behavioral scientists" (COBS) and social psychologists, and his own WH advisor has a degree in psychology. That woman is one smart cookie.

He used these social psychologists to help him manipulate the public and win his elections. There is an AGENDA behind all the focus on racial divide and black youth behavior. Don't think for a second this has not all been plotted out in advance, right down to his Trayvon-Martin-if-I-had-a-son comment.

Progressives HAVE to keep young blacks from realizing their true potential, otherwise, their Big Government Slush Funds would become obsolete. There would be less BG programs to pour $$ into for them to stick their BG hands into. Progressive politicians wouldn't have the venue to speak about inequality and the need to pour yet more $$$ into the "poor inner city communities".

Thank goodness some of the more intelligent folks are waking up to this new form of slavery and realizing just what is really going on. Some are beginning to see that lots of black "elitists" are no better than the white ones. As a matter of fact, they're even worse. It's pure exploitation.

Progressivism exploits our fears associated with the inability to meet our needs, ensure our safety, and plays on our envy and hate of those who have managed to secure them more effectively.

The Obama campaign worked with behaviorists Robert Cialdini and Susan Fiske, along with other psychologists from business schools, behavioral economists and political scientists, to drum up “fairness” arguments designed to inspire a hatred of our fellow-citizens; an envy and fear of economic disparity and inadequacy pitting us against each other; and of course, all behind a backdrop of a damaged economy that he is largely responsible for its inability to recover.

Robert Cialdini, professor emeritus at Arizona State University and author of the social science classic, Influence: The Psychology of Persuasion, and the University of Chicago‘s Richard Thaler, coauthor of Nudge, worked diligently to suppress our natural tendency and notorious American characteristic to strive for betterment.

So what does any of this have to do with politics, and what are the implications of our leaders strategizing to appeal to our superficial animal, rather than our “God-like” qualities. The end goal, although it was reelection in this case, is to prohibit and discourage personal and societal betterment, because they want us to be dependent on them – not each other – to meet our “hierarchy of needs.” Again, from “OVR”:

The reason that psychology is so important for us to understand, is that our entire
form of government is based upon our ability to exhibit higher forms of behavior, and
therefore, legitimately govern ourselves.

Can we even be true to ourselves when we say that we are free in our pursuit of life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness if progressive big government utilizes their structural power to “nudge” us into the direction they want us to move in?

Article

posted on Aug, 9 2013 @ 02:09 PM
link   
the problem I have with anything race related in politics is this EO, it is motivated by some race support group, some group of blacks got together and made a case saying blacks are victims or unequal treatment of some kind etc. So instead of Obama, making a EO, for all children, who are all suppose to be equal in the eyes of the law, no matter what the damn circumstance is, inner city, they live in sewers etc, he signs a EO, for blacks only. Which basically says the blacks are more unfortunate then the other children in the schools. That is bullcrap, and I think every american should just start off by getting mad about crap like this.. At least get mad, and if your not getting what this EO, means, it means Obama, is trying to enpower one race over all others in public schools we paid for built and maintain...

Any president knowingly signing executive orders like this, concerns me a little, what else is he just signing...

edit on 9-8-2013 by Bicent76 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2013 @ 02:11 PM
link   
I am thinking that Travon Martin would still be alive had he been disciplined by his school.....

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join