It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama Tells Schools Not To Discipline Black Students For Bad Behavior

page: 30
<< 27  28  29    31  32  33 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 10:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Maverick7
Someone just looked into the EO and told me that it does nothing of the kind.

However, why does BO have to issue and EO, doing an end run around the congress to promote opportunity for black students, regardless of the actual content?

An EO should be, imo, reserved for the gravest of emergencies, or maybe for emergency birthday celebrations. (lol).

Bush issued a similar EO back in 2001 for hispanic kids. It isn't uncommon.

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 10:55 AM
link   
reply to post by ButterCookie

I absolutely disagree with you on the magical 'party-switch' and the agendas of the parties, and sincerely do want to rationally debate this.

I would pay for ringside seats for that one -

You've skirted this topic long enough Ms. Cookie - put up or shut up I say

:-)

You and Mr. Garkiniss have a certain adversarial chemistry - take this one to the debate forum - please

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 11:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Spiramirabilis

Now THAT sounds like an EXCELLENT idea.

Does my opponent agree?

If so, LET'S DO IT!

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 11:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by ButterCookie

Does my opponent agree?

If so, LET'S DO IT!

I was really hoping you would have at least had a response to my last post.
But no, not even a whisper.

A lot of these issues have nothing to do with race, and much to do with class and social standing.

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 11:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by OneManArmy

Does my opponent agree?

If so, LET'S DO IT!

A lot of these issues have nothing to do with race, and much to do with class and social standing.

OMG (sigh....)

Democratic supporters/ liberals ALWAYS make issues into race-related..now that the tables have turned and your democratic master/leader blatanly makes a racist policy, you try to act as if the Right is making it about race. We on the Right have ALWAYS contended that issues are a result of social class standing...

(Geesh)

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 11:59 AM
link   

Does my opponent agree?

If so, LET'S DO IT!

OMG (sigh....)

Democratic supporters/ liberals ALWAYS make issues into race-related..now that the tables have turned and your democratic master/leader blatanly makes a racist policy, you try to act as if the Right is making it about race. We on the Right have ALWAYS contended that issues are a result of social class standing...

(Geesh)

SMH.. there you go again making crazy assumptions, I dont support ANY political party, they are all the same.
I live in the world i describe.
As for those on the right, all they do is create division in those "below" them so that the have nots can fight amongst themselves instead of looking up and thinking wait a minute, something isnt quite right here.
Then they might actually be able see what the real problem is.
The real problem is people like you, so quick to point out the failings of others while never addressing your own, but instead blaming those in a position not to defend themselves.

The real responsibility of the haves is to share the wealth to the benefit of all, instead of hoarding all for themselves, because that only leads to revolution and aristocrats having their heads cut off.

(sheesh)
(geezuz)
(gotdamn)

Typical attitude of someone that thinks because they have had opportunites then everyone gets the same chances. Hence the disconnect from reality of the ruling classes(all of them).

So try again, and instead of attacking my character, try attacking what my message was.
Im starting to think you are just a troll, I cant believe I even defended you before.

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 12:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by bigman88

reply to post by Wookiep

Wookiep you made VERY VALID points..

I mentioned them too; inner city black students are going to come with more dysfunctional upbringing than whites. That's not racist, that's the TRUTH.

They seriously think that it is still 1954....seriously.

Please post a screenshot of a calendar for them.
edit on 11-8-2013 by ButterCookie because: (no reason given)

This^. But you forgot to mention the perfectly functioning household that these kids might come from, but the influence of heavily marketed and promoted rap music, the lure of power, accomplishment and money through drugs and guns, the lack of resources, funding and motivational environments in the schools, and the amount of hours and jobs that parents must work resulting in most time spent away from their kid, and you have kids that turn bad no matter what the parents do to keep them right.

ABSOLUTELY!!

And the garbage music that influences them comes from

BLACKS who made the PERSONAL CHOICE to create it

and the drugs and guns in the neighborhoods come from

BLACKS who chose to indluge in that lifestyle, again from PERSONAL CHOICE.

So we agree on the problems; we disagree on the roots.

Now you are talking about an issue im deeply involved in. And you are showing a lot of ignorance.
The "black" music you are talking about would be hip hip I assume?

Same with the drugs and guns.

Do you know that the CIA left train carriages full of guns in the hoods?
Do you know who was responsible(yes once again the good ole C.ocaine I.nto A.merica) for the influx of drugs in the USA?
Black people didnt bring the guns into the USA and they didnt dump them in the hood.
They didnt run the drugs into the usa either.

What they were guilty of is being left in "reserves" underfunded, mismanaged, corrupt local governments.

Answer me this, how angry would you be if you perceived your life to be worthless? Because you are made to feel worthless by a system that is stacked against you, left to fight for survival in a dog eat dog environment created by a corrupt government regime. Where the opportunities afforded to the white middle classes are simply not afforded to you. How do you think your self esteem would cope with that? How would you put food on the table with no hope of getting a job and no income? Please tell me, then you can go into the hoods and educate the people that live this reality every day, and instead of blaming your fellow black brethren, you might be able to help them instead.
STOP BLAMING, and try to offer SOLUTIONS. Because until some real hard solutions are on the table these myths and attitudes will never go away.
Just because you had the opportunities that the poor didnt have, dont think you are anything special. Because we are all exactly the same, just in different situations.

Rap music used to reflect the society it represented, nowadays society is starting to reflect the music.
Its a funny old world. You have an "Im alright Jack, F**k everyone else" mentality, I find that quite sad.
If it wasnt for people like Harriet Tubman, Marcus Garvey, Malcolm X and Martin Luther King Jr, then you would not have an education at all. Remember that.
edit on 12-8-2013 by OneManArmy because: (no reason given)

The typical liberal script of 'victimhood...sighhh

Ok. Here is my response.

First, you went off on a tangent about hip-hop, when I never specified music other than the 'garbage' music...unless YOU consider hip-hop to be garbage, what are you defending it from? I was simply referring to the 'Kill this n----, sex with this----" type of music.

Next, for the sake of the argument,I will grant you that the CIA brought drugs into neighborhoods....Are blacks not in control of themselves, as to not indulge in that activity?? SO no excuse there. Drug involvement, whether conspired or not, is a PERSONAL CHOICE.

Second, If I was made to feel worthless, I would HAVE to pick myself up or lay down and fail..Bottom line. This tyoe of lifelong victim hood sentiment is reinforced by the community and upbringing, usually in liberal democratic low-income communities. And again, whether the feeling of failure is conspired in life, the only way this is ingrained into a child is if it is REINFORCED in the home...Here again, home upbringing is detrimental to a child.

and Lastly, Tubman, X, and King all resented the Democratic Party, and voted REPUBLICAN because they did not suport (like me) the pro-slavery, Jim Crow instituting, KKK forming, Segregation supporting, DEMOCRATIC party.
edit on 13-8-2013 by ButterCookie because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 12:14 PM
link   
reply to post by OneManArmy

And while we are strolling through memory lane (and you want me to remember that Harriet Tubman, X, and King paved the path for me to read today), remember that it was the REPUBLICAN party that they supported.

It was the REPUBLICAN party who consited of those wanting to ABOLISH SLAVERY, such as Fredrick Douglass, Soujourner Truth, and as you mentioned Harriet Tuban.

It was the REPUBLICAN party who disbanned the terrorist arm of the Democratic Party, also known as the KKK.

It was the REPUBLICAN party who saw that the case agaisnt the racist, democratic Board of Education went to the Supreme Court to her Linda Brown in 1954 who paved the way for integration of the schools, something that Democrats fought hard to keep from passing.

Rememeber that.

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 12:19 PM
link   

The typical liberal script of 'victimhood...sighhh

Ok. Here is my response.

First, you went off on a tangent about hip-hop, when I never specified music other than the 'garbage' music...unless YOU consider hip-hop to be garbage, what are you defending it from? I was simply referring to the 'Kill this n----, sex with this----" type of music.

Next, for the sake of the argument,I will grant you that the CIA brought drugs into neighborhoods....Are blacks not in control of themselves, as to not indulge in that activity?? SO no excuse there. Drug involvement, whether conspired or not, is a PERSONAL CHOICE.

Second, If I was made to feel worthless, I would HAVE to pick myself up or lay down and fail..Bottom line. This tyoe of lifelong victim hood sentiment is reinforced by the community and upbringing, usually in liberal democratic low-income communities. And again, whether the feeling of failure is conspired in life, the only way this is ingrained into a child is if it is REINFORCED in the home...Here again, home upbringing is detrimental to a child.

and Lastly, Tubman, X, and King all resented the Democratic Party, and voted REPUBLICAN because they did not suport (like me) the pro-slavery, Jim Crow instituting, KKK forming, Segregation supporting, DEMOCRATIC party.

You like to sigh dont you?
Or are you simply trying to belittle my argument.

Yes modern hip hop is a load of crap, I already stated that. But it wasnt "created by blacks" for that reason, it was created for positivity and to reflect their struggles and everyday life. It was then co-opted by powerful white people to brainwash negative attitudes into not only black but also white people.

You need to walk a day in someones shoes before you make judgements on what they should do to better their life. You have no idea what their lives are like.

I dont give a flying f**k what political party they represented because the left wing and right wing belong to the same beast. And that beast is control, just control by different means, but still control.
You are showing PERSONAL CHOICE to be ignorant of the needs of others, while spouting off holier than thou about things you have no experience of, except of politically biased news stories that have clouded your mind and detached you from reality.

You can call me a liberal all day, but im certainly not a liberal, I prefer the term human being.
I make my decisions based on common sense and trying to understand others, instead of "towing the party line".
I leave that for the idiots that are unable to think critically and for themselves.

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 12:26 PM
link   

LOL

and now, back onto the subject of the thread.......

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 12:33 PM
link   

...Yes modern hip hop is a load of crap...

It's really not - maybe some of it is - but some of it is amazing

Like any art form - how we each look at it is bound to be subjective

Buttercookie would have us believe this isn't on topic - but it so is :-)

This isn't just a racial issue - this is a cultural issue and a class issue

She's said as much herself - several times

P.S. a star for bringing it up
edit on 8/13/2013 by Spiramirabilis because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 12:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Garkiniss

It's calling for African American students to be treated equally to whites in regards to school discipline, because study after study has proven that they aren't.

It is already illegal to discriminate because of race. The Executive Order urges that the law be followed..... in the case of African Americans. They are the only race addressed, making this EO inherently racist. It discriminates by race.

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 12:36 PM
link   

LOL

and now, back onto the subject of the thread.......

Whats wrong, couldnt you frame a response into a left right paradigm? So you just laugh.

Pathetic.

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 12:40 PM
link   
reply to post by butcherguy

I would call it inclusionary, but whatevs...

Different EOs for addressing different issues.

What are your thoughts on Executive Order 13230 ?

edit on 13-8-2013 by Garkiniss because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 12:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Garkiniss

inclusionary

Yeah, I see it as exclusionary... the only race included in the EO is African American. That excludes all the rest. The proper way to do it would be to urge a fight against all racial discrimination....all.

I don't care for it either.
It shows ethnic bias, similar to the way the other one shows racial bias. Hispanics belong to an ethnic group, not a particular race.

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 12:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Spiramirabilis

...Yes modern hip hop is a load of crap...

It's really not - maybe some of it is - but some of it is amazing

Like any art form - how we each look at it is bound to be subjective

Buttercookie would have us believe this isn't on topic - but it so is :-)

This isn't just a racial issue - this is a cultural issue and a class issue

She's said as much herself - several times

P.S. a star for bringing it up
edit on 8/13/2013 by Spiramirabilis because: (no reason given)

Yes I agree, I should have been more specific, underground rap music still has many of the true elements of "art"
Its the mainstream crap on the radio that is full of stereotype and illusion.
I have been a fan of hip hop since 2001, I know its history very well. Im a hip hop producer.
Okay, now back on topic.

Any EO that singles out any particular race, creed, religious group or sexual orientation for particular treatment IS discriminatory. Thats an undeniable fact.

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 01:02 PM
link   

Any EO that singles out any particular race, creed, religious group or sexual orientation for particular treatment IS discriminatory. Thats an undeniable fact.

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 01:07 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 01:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Spiramirabilis

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 01:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by butcherguy
The proper way to do it would be to urge a fight against all racial discrimination....all.

I agree. However politics, or should I say politicians don't work that way. Never have, never will. Both Conservatives and Liberals deal with particulars. They love particulars, no matter how much time and effort they drain obliging them.

I don't care for it either.
It shows ethnic bias, similar to the way the other one shows racial bias. Hispanics belong to an ethnic group, not a particular race.

However, I don't recall a big hoopla in regards to its being released in 2001. Why the attention to Obama's EO now? How is this different... other than the obvious?

new topics

top topics

<< 27  28  29    31  32  33 >>

join