It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama Tells Schools Not To Discipline Black Students For Bad Behavior

page: 28
<< 25  26  27    29  30  31 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 11 2013 @ 11:10 PM
link   
I dont see too many of this"students"being invited to the white house.I think this guy has certainely gone mad...

posted on Aug, 11 2013 @ 11:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by ButterCookie

and then there's this:

Klan endorses Obama

You've gotta stop reading the tabloids and start getting your news from the source.

Ku Klux Klan DOES NOT Endorse Barack Obama for President

Also; since I know you're a fan of history...

The Ku Klux Klan today

Although often still discussed in contemporary American politics as representing the quintessential "fringe" end of the far-right spectrum, today the group only exists in the form of a number of very isolated, scattered "supporters" that probably do not number more than a few thousand.

I know you don't believe it, or want to believe it, but the Klan went right a couple decades ago. How do I know? Because I was born in the Carolinas and I know Klan members. Not something I'm particularly proud of, but knowing them I know their political beliefs, and they don't align with those of Progressives or "Godless Liberals."

The times have changed. Left is Right, and Right is Left. This is a documented historical fact.

edit on 11-8-2013 by Garkiniss because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2013 @ 11:21 PM
link   
reply to post by ButterCookie

You should also know that some chapters of the Klan will only exclusively vote Democrat despite the party flip-flop because of a mandate in the original KKK. I watched an interview with a Klansmen some time ago and the interviewer asked why it was that some KKK members vote Democrat and he mentioned that old mandate and that his chapter held to the original laws and that also they planned on making the Democrat party, the party they once were (Dixiecrats), meaning white supremacists. He also said they hadn't been successful thus far.

posted on Aug, 11 2013 @ 11:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Kali74

Honestly, who cares what the "klan" is up to. Society shunned them a long time ago and nobody cares what their political ideologies are. Same goes for the "Black panthers", unfortunately they don't get ignored as much as they should these days. Anyway, it's too bad the topic has got steered into this direction..

Edit to emphasize - I'm not blaming you or anyone for it, I just think it's unfortunate that the discussion went this way.
edit on 11-8-2013 by Wookiep because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2013 @ 11:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Wookiep

I don't care what any racists are up to, whether they're Klan or New Black Panther Party as long as they aren't pushing racist BS on the public IDGAF. I'm only replying to a point someone was failing to make.

posted on Aug, 11 2013 @ 11:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Wookiep

Again, if there isn't an issue, then there's no need to get upset, as the EO will prove useless.

If there is an issue, which studies have shown there is, then this EO will correct it.

And you can thank ButterCookie for the derailing the thread. She brought up the Klan.

posted on Aug, 11 2013 @ 11:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Garkiniss

That's your perspective and I know nothing I say will change it. It already is useless, but that's moot. However, if students start getting different treatment to try and create a "fair" environment due to a non-existent problem, then it's going to cause the exact opposite effect of "equality". "Special treatment" will be in effect, period. (probably already is)
edit on 11-8-2013 by Wookiep because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2013 @ 11:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Garkiniss
reply to post by Wookiep

Again, if there isn't an issue, then there's no need to get upset, as the EO will prove useless.

If there is an issue, which studies have shown there is, then this EO will correct it.

And you can thank ButterCookie for the derailing the thread. She brought up the Klan.

No..It was you who brought it up..

You asked us to provide info as to who the Klan endorse today.....

You said...."It's not a myth. Why don't you visit a Klan rally and ask them who they voted for in the last election, or the election before that, or the one before that? I think you'd get a wake up call.

Tsk tsk...typical liberal changing history....

edit on 11-8-2013 by ButterCookie because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2013 @ 11:51 PM
link   

No..It was you who brought it up..

You asked us to provide info as to who the Klan endorse today.....

No. You brought it up wayyyyyy back on page 18 when I mentioned Liberals helping African Americans and you went on a rant about Democrats.

You said...."It's not a myth. Why don't you visit a Klan rally and ask them who they voted for in the last election, or the election before that, or the one before that? I think you'd get a wake up call.

And you would. Big 'ol Bush supporters from the Klan down here. There's a guy down the road from me that owns his own store, and he's got a paper mache Obama head hanging on his store wall that he's waiting to "take out back to shoot it up when Obama's out of office."

Tsk tsk...typical liberal changing history....

I would say... looking at history without wearing partisan glasses.

edit on 12-8-2013 by Garkiniss because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 12:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Wookiep

The "special treatment" is to make "equal" (as you say) punishments for blacks, but there is nothing anywhere in this age to indicate punishments on blacks are UN-equal to begin with. You share the belief that it is, I do not. You think the problem is skin color, I do NOT. If blacks are being punished harsher and there are solid numbers to suggest this, then what you are saying is that the problem is, that ALL schools are racist against blacks, which is a load of nonsense and you and I both know it. Because this issue doesn't exist in the first place like you say, THAT is what makes this EO racist. Otherwise, you might have a point, like say, if we lived in the 50s.

They just don't get it. Their white guilt won't allow them to believe that blacks are treated with kid gloves in our society. Instead they keep repeating the brainwashed nonsense that blacks have it so bad because of institutional racism perpetrated by whites.

I'm sick of white guilt and phony political correctness in this country. Cases of real racism should be dealt with but to act as though all blacks are being held back in America in this day and age is bunk!

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 12:50 AM
link   

reply to post by Wookiep

Wookiep you made VERY VALID points..

I mentioned them too; inner city black students are going to come with more dysfunctional upbringing than whites. That's not racist, that's the TRUTH.

They seriously think that it is still 1954....seriously.

Please post a screenshot of a calendar for them.

This^. But you forgot to mention the perfectly functioning household that these kids might come from, but the influence of heavily marketed and promoted rap music, the lure of power, accomplishment and money through drugs and guns, the lack of resources, funding and motivational environments in the schools, and the amount of hours and jobs that parents must work resulting in most time spent away from their kid, and you have kids that turn bad no matter what the parents do to keep them right.

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 08:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by bigman88

reply to post by Wookiep

I mentioned them too; inner city black students are going to come with more dysfunctional upbringing than whites. That's not racist, that's the TRUTH.

This^. But you forgot to mention the perfectly functioning household that these kids might come from, but the influence of heavily marketed and promoted rap music, the lure of power, accomplishment and money through drugs and guns, the lack of resources, funding and motivational environments in the schools, and the amount of hours and jobs that parents must work resulting in most time spent away from their kid, and you have kids that turn bad no matter what the parents do to keep them right.

ABSOLUTELY!!

And the garbage music that influences them comes from

BLACKS who made the PERSONAL CHOICE to create it

and the drugs and guns in the neighborhoods come from

BLACKS who chose to indluge in that lifestyle, again from PERSONAL CHOICE.

So we agree on the problems; we disagree on the roots.

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 11:30 AM
link   
There's something that exists outside of choices in 'cultural behavior' and influences on particular cultures. A report released in 2012 shows not a minor occurrence of disparate discipline but a glaringly major occurrence.

Among the key findings are:

African-American students, particularly males, are far more likely to be suspended or expelled from school than their peers. Black students make up 18% of the students in the CRDC sample, but 35% of the students suspended once, and 39% of the students expelled.
Students learning English (ELL) were 6% of the CRDC high school enrollment, but made up 12% of students retained.
Only 29% of high-minority high schools offered Calculus, compared to 55% of schools with the lowest black and Hispanic enrollment.
Teachers in high-minority schools were paid $2,251 less per year than their colleagues in teaching in low-minority schools in the same district.
Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights Russlynn Ali said that for the first time, this survey includes detailed discipline data, including in-school suspensions, referrals to law enforcement, and school-related arrests.

“These new data categories are a powerful tool to aid schools and districts in crafting policy, and can unleash the power of research to advance reform in schools,” Ali said.

Part II of the CRDC also provides a clear, comparative picture of college and career readiness, school finance, teacher absenteeism, student harassment and bullying, student restraint and seclusion, and grade-level student retention.

The data from both phases of the 2009-10 CRDC are available on OCR’s website for the CRDC, ocrdata.ed.gov.... The website, which has been improved for better usability, also contains CRDC data from 2000-2006.

For further information about OCR, please visit, www.ed.gov/ocr. For further information on the 2009-10 CRDC, visit www.ed.gov...

ED.gov

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 11:33 AM
link   
The Obama admin. and his pals are probably doing the same thing with altering crime stats. So basically, this is just a big cover-up, no?
edit on 12-8-2013 by Fylgje because: to add

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 11:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by bigman88

reply to post by Wookiep

ABSOLUTELY!!

And the garbage music that influences them comes from

BLACKS who made the PERSONAL CHOICE to create it

and the drugs and guns in the neighborhoods come from

BLACKS who chose to indluge in that lifestyle, again from PERSONAL CHOICE.

So we agree on the problems; we disagree on the roots.

Now you are talking about an issue im deeply involved in. And you are showing a lot of ignorance.
The "black" music you are talking about would be hip hip I assume?

Do you know that hip hop was a way to resolve issues without violence ie rap battles, breaker battles, and graffiti being a way to stick two fingers up to the system. Hip hop was open to anybody regardless of race, it was truly inclusive. Once hip hop became mainstream it was used as a tool for social engineering(much like every popular media form). The rap music you see today is a negative stereotype of its self. You dont have knowledgeable rappers speaking positivity or truth anymore, its all make believe, because to get ahead in rap music in this day you have to be a gangbanging, drug dealing, pimping criminal.

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 01:46 PM
link   
reply to post by BO XIAN

Two most recent events...

James Homes and Adam Lanza

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 01:56 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag

If a black person is being "held back", it is typically because of their own choosing.

Behavior, language, and attire.....they do matter. And not conforming with the expectation can be disastrous to someone who doesn't want to be "held back".

I have said countless times: i have a Nigerian man who works with me. If i could have 40 more like him, I would in a heartbeat. There is no racism. Culturalism? Quite possibly....we have to meet our customers expectations. And they don't expect a thug, regardless of his/her color.

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 02:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Garkiniss

You're right.

You see a black President trying to get equal treatment for black students as an open act of racism.

I see an EO designed to give already unfairly punished and persecuted AA kids the same chance at success that Caucasian American kids have.

But what it really is is a terrible president giving his kin and only his kin a boost towards this alleged "equal treatment" and leaving all of the other problems with the other races behind.

Why do you keep avoiding the fact that Hispanics' test scores and suspensions are just as bad as African Americans and this EO only mentions African Americans?! Methinks it's because you made up your mind before you looked into the issue and now you're just sticking with it. Just like that essay structure taught you to way back -- probably a couple of years ago -- when you were in high school.
edit on 12-8-2013 by LightOrange because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 02:37 PM
link   
reply to post by LightOrange

My oldest son is dark brown Mexican. And gay. And will graduate in May from Texas Tech.

I don't buy that it is a matter of race. It is a matter of culture. White folks tend to be less in that culture than other races.....but that is only due to the history of our nation.

My wife is a successful woman. A gorgeous Latina that refuses to believe that her "people" are held back by anyone but themselves. My boss....has a thick accent. He wasn't held back either (despite growing up in the gangs of central El Paso in the 60s and 70s).

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 03:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by LightOrange

But what it really is is a terrible president giving his kin and only his kin a boost towards this alleged "equal treatment" and leaving all of the other problems with the other races behind.

"Kin?" Really? That's the word you chose to go with? You might as well of said "kind", I mean seriously. Your opening sentence screams of racism. You're also forgetting the man is of mixed descent.

Why do you keep avoiding the fact that Hispanics' test scores and suspensions are just as bad as African Americans and this EO only mentions African Americans?! Methinks it's because you made up your mind before you looked into the issue and now you're just sticking with it. Just like that essay structure taught you to way back -- probably a couple of years ago -- when you were in high school.

That last bite in your comment is cute. Oh, how I wish High School were but a couple of years ago. Good times. Your goofy attempt at fishing for info aside, I've already addressed this back on page 25 of this thread.

Poorly written? Sure.

Racist? Not at all.

I've made this point before, but I'll stress it again, as I believe many don't quite understand "racism." If the EO called for harsher punishment against whites, so that they would understand how blacks felt, then that could be construed as racism, however the EO does not do this.
It is only asking that blacks be punished the same as whites, since they, at the moment, are not.
It's a call to end racism in schools. How can you possibly call that "racist?"

How can equal treatment even be seen as racist?

Could the EO have said "equal and fair punishment for ALL children?" It could've, and in this politically correct world, it probably should've, as it upset every GOP in the country, but it doesn't.
But even in the language and word choice that it uses, I still don't see racism.

It should've included all children, and maybe it eventually will, but a call for lifting a singled out group of youths up to the equal level of another is in no way "racist."

new topics

top topics

<< 25  26  27    29  30  31 >>

join