It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama Tells Schools Not To Discipline Black Students For Bad Behavior

page: 25
<< 22  23  24    26  27  28 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 11 2013 @ 01:00 PM
link   
reply to post by frugal

I only learned this a couple of years ago, some people are no better mannered than wolves and have to be treated as such. The only discipline they understand is physical.

www.corpun.com...

Rich

posted on Aug, 11 2013 @ 01:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Oouthere
reply to post by frugal

I only learned this a couple of years ago, some people are no better mannered than wolves and have to be treated as such. The only discipline they understand is physical.

www.corpun.com...

Rich

Interesting. Of course, common sense prevails in many countries. What doesnt make sense is house people (Americans in this case) claim they cant understand why commen sense has prevailed.

Whipping criminals seems to make a lot of sense to me. Its only the governemtn and government sychopaqhnts that will tell you otherwise. Most people will agree with it.

A democracy is an imaginery arrangement where the peoples will is enacted via a govenment body. We dont have that. We dont have that.

posted on Aug, 11 2013 @ 01:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Vrill

I'd agree that the title of this thread is inaccurate. However, as I've outlined in another post, this executive order is absurdly inappropriate. We have an executive order to give a special treatment only to a certain segment of the student population of a particular race. "...improving educational outcomes for African Americans"

Also, Obama's method of operation is often to imply what he wants done (see IRS scandal) through speeches and in this example, an executive order. This order will have a chilling effect on teachers who now will have to worry about the PC police looking over their shoulder. They will have to monitor and keep track of how they discipline children not based on reality and objective, fair standards, but government quotas based on some absurd racial standard.

Children of all races should be treated equally. Period. Any effort to give special treatment like this is always misguided and foolish. Most importantly of all, the root problems that lead to blacks academic problems are never addressed by people in power like Obama because they cause most of the problems in the first place.

posted on Aug, 11 2013 @ 02:26 PM
link   
Great job on the show cookie

posted on Aug, 11 2013 @ 02:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by neformore
reply to post by Wookiep

Nice try, but as I said, where in the EO does it "tell schools not to discipline black students for bad behaviour"?

The answer is that it doesn't.

It doesn't even matter, but go ahead and keep intentionally missing the point. The EO is racist. It singles out one group (AA's) over all else. So the EO either needs to:

a.) No longer exist

or

b.) Be completely re-written to reflect ALL disadvantaged children.

It's not rocket science. If you can't grasp the concept then there's nothing more I can say to you.

posted on Aug, 11 2013 @ 03:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wookiep

reply to post by Wookiep

Nice try, but as I said, where in the EO does it "tell schools not to discipline black students for bad behaviour"?

It doesn't even matter, but go ahead and keep intentionally missing the point. The EO is racist. It singles out one group (AA's) over all else. So the EO either needs to:

a.) No longer exist
or

It's not rocket science. If you can't grasp the concept then there's nothing more I can say to you.

Poorly written? Sure.

Racist? Not at all.

I've made this point before, but I'll stress it again, as I believe many don't quite understand "racism." If the EO called for harsher punishment against whites, so that they would understand how blacks felt, then that could be construed as racism, however the EO does not do this.
It is only asking that blacks be punished the same as whites, since they, at the moment, are not.
It's a call to end racism in schools. How can you possibly call that "racist?"

How can equal treatment even be seen as racist?

Could the EO have said "equal and fair punishment for ALL children?" It could've, and in this politically correct world, it probably should've, as it upset every GOP in the country, but it doesn't.
But even in the language and word choice that it uses, I still don't see racism.

posted on Aug, 11 2013 @ 03:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Garkiniss

Could the EO have said "equal and fair punishment for ALL children?" It could've, and in this politically correct world, it probably should've, as it upset every GOP in the country, but it doesn't. But even in the language and word choice that it uses, I still don't see racism.

They could have worded it differently - I agree. But this is more honest - and doesn't coddle

The only way anyone could find fault with this EO the way it's worded now is if they truly and honestly believe there aren't separate sets of standards for white and minority students that are obviously unofficial but still very real

So many seem to think that a country that demands fairness on paper automatically translates into fairness in practice

I'm at a loss at this point - I really am. The only thing that gives me hope is to see how far we have come - and hope we don't lose ground

edit on 8/11/2013 by Spiramirabilis because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2013 @ 03:28 PM
link   

blacks be punished the same as whites,since they, at the moment, are not.

That's just total BS, and I guess that's where your whole premise completely falls apart.

Edit to add: and I'm not "GOP", I don't vote left or right (see sig) so you don't get to play that card with me.
edit on 11-8-2013 by Wookiep because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2013 @ 03:49 PM
link   
If issues within the Black-American community concern you, head to YouTube and do a search for "tommy sotomayor".

Tommy Sotomayor provides a jarring perspective on society and racism. He releases at least two videos everyday. On some days, he's released as much as seven. His videos can be downright hilarious, but he can also be serious. He does, in fact, appear to be... the SPARK... for a positive cultural revolution in the Black community.

No matter what race you are, issues within the Black community should concern you. Because the Black community appears to be the dumping ground of the human race's psyche. Black communities have the most crime and the most poverty. In order for the entire human race to evolve to the next level, these issues must be resolved; otherwise we will remain in stasis.

posted on Aug, 11 2013 @ 03:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Garkiniss

reply to post by Wookiep

a.) No longer exist
or

Poorly written? Sure.

Racist? Not at all.

I've made this point before, but I'll stress it again, as I believe many don't quite understand "racism."

You don't seem to understand it.

An EO is developed to bring African American's up to the same standard of discipline as whites. The case study that it was developed around clearly shows that hispanics recieve the same amount of discipline as African Americans, but Obama only helps his kin.

Also, white kids are getting disciplined more than, and scoring lower on their test scores than Asian students. Not a big deal, I suppose.

No black child left behind, and who cares about the rest of them.

Yea, you're right; that's not racist at all. How could we have been so blind. Teach us your enlightened ways.
edit on 11-8-2013 by LightOrange because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2013 @ 04:17 PM
link   

blacks be punished the same as whites,since they, at the moment, are not.

That's just total BS, and I guess that's where your whole premise completely falls apart.

Edit to add: and I'm not "GOP", I don't vote left or right (see sig) so you don't get to play that card with me.
edit on 11-8-2013 by Wookiep because: (no reason given)

Not B.S., since I've witnessed it happen. Try again.

posted on Aug, 11 2013 @ 04:20 PM
link   
I think I just puked in my mouth! Does Obama think that bad behavior in our black youth is hereditary or something? I believe everything comes down to parental guidance. When you have bad parents, you’ll obviously have bad kids.

Maybe Obama can hand out the following when a black kid robs a bank or kills another person...

posted on Aug, 11 2013 @ 04:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Propulsion
I think I just puked in my mouth! Does Obama think that bad behavior in our black youth is hereditary or something? I believe everything comes down to parental guidance. When you have bad parents, you’ll obviously have bad kids.

Maybe Obama can hand out the following when a black kid robs a bank or kills another person...

Someone hasn't read the EO.

posted on Aug, 11 2013 @ 04:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Vrill

gotta love conservatives. there's no completely manufactured pile of bull# they won't have a grand ole' freak out over.
We have got to put our opinions and feelings aside when it comes to what we think of another specific group. ALL Americans have got to come together to fight the good fight. Republicans, Democrats, conservatives, liberals, homosexuals, heterosexuals, Christians, atheists. ALL colors or and creeds. All Americans have got to unite under one banner. One flag. The American flag! Obama is just a puppet, and there are much greater powers at work pulling the strings. We need to put our energy towards the ones who really have the power. Congress, Federal Reserve, NSA, IRS, lobbyists, big business, etc... Our government wants to see us fighting amongst one another. We have got to stand together, or this great country will fall. If we don’t unite as Americans, if we don’t fight, the day will come where we wished we had. Our rights, our freedoms, are being taken away from ALL Americans. America is at the brink, and bickering about one specific group is not going to get us anywhere. Democrats are just as bad as Republicans. Republicans are just as bad as Democrats.

posted on Aug, 11 2013 @ 04:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by acuna
reply to post by seabag

Pardon me for not reading all 23 pages of the thread...
....oops 24

Well, you jumped in on page 23 and acted as though nobody here had even read the EO!

Obviously we have. Had you read past the first post you'd know that. This is the part of the EO you apparently missed.

...reducing the dropout rate of African American students and helping African American students graduate from high school prepared for college and a career, in part by promoting a positive school climate that does not rely on methods that result in disparate use of disciplinary tools.

This implies TWO things: 1) that blacks are receiving a completely different form and/or level of disciplinary action (disparity) compared to students of other races, and 2) that this EO seeks to promote lessening the implied (non-existent) disparity.

edit on 11-8-2013 by seabag because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2013 @ 05:15 PM
link   

Someone hasn't read the EO.
I did read the EO, but I was making the point that a lot of blacks are getting a free ride because of their color. I work in an I.S. department, and the company had to hire some African Americans because there were not enough blacks working for the company, and some idiot brought up the race card. Now I am having to work overtime because the idiots we hired can’t do the work. AND they know full well that if someone does bring up their inability to do the job, they will be called racists!!

posted on Aug, 11 2013 @ 05:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Propulsion

And yet Caucasian women benefit from Affirmative Action more than blacks of either sex.

Where are your complaints against them?

edit on 11-8-2013 by Garkiniss because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2013 @ 06:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by IshmaelKipling
If issues within the Black-American community concern you, head to YouTube and do a search for "tommy sotomayor".

Tommy Sotomayor provides a jarring perspective on society and racism. He releases at least two videos everyday. On some days, he's released as much as seven. His videos can be downright hilarious, but he can also be serious. He does, in fact, appear to be... the SPARK... for a positive cultural revolution in the Black community.

No matter what race you are, issues within the Black community should concern you. Because the Black community appears to be the dumping ground of the human race's psyche. Black communities have the most crime and the most poverty. In order for the entire human race to evolve to the next level, these issues must be resolved; otherwise we will remain in stasis.

I too just recently discovered Tommy Sotomayor, and i initially like his opinions concerning black people in this country. I would laugh and smh at the same time at his commentary. But then i watched more videos, and i found that this guy is another one that paints a large, over arching brush of understandably negative but ill examined view of all blacks.

He will post videos of grown but STUPID, ill behaved and ignorant women doing the worst to or for their kids. Then he goes on to say that ALL black women are the worst mothers on the planet. He does not go into any detail, he does not bother explaining his take on the source of such behavior, he does not bother clarifying what class, education level or maturity of black women, or any woman, are the worst, he just repeats over and over that ALL are the worst. That's his whole shtick. Black people bad, we are fools, we need to stop, end of story.

Pertaining to this law that Obama made, it is basically there to make it look they are trying to help black youth in this country, when the government and it's masters are the source of the problem in the first place. The federal reserve manufactures poverty and removes the ability to run manage businesses and circulate revenue. Then the US government traffics drugs and guns, infiltrate, dismantles and kill organizations/movements/individuals that aim to empower and uplift the population, then use popular media to heavily markets negative, shallow individuals who makes negative, shallow music to the youth generation, who in turn become negative and shallow themselves, irrespective of the efforts of their overly worked parents. The males become criminals or immature iodiots, the females open their legs for fun. They grow up and only partially mature, and we have the adults screaming "slavery! Its the white man!" The education system, which in the times of legalized racism was at it's strongest and most effective under local black leadership, is now purposefully neglected, poorly organized, poorly funded by the government, and aims to educate the students for the test instead of educate them for life. There is no environment for excellence, achievement or imagination, here.

So now we have people who blame the left and right, playing right into the demo vs. repub bullsh*t paradigm, and not able to see ghat they are both ON THE SAME SIDE! Obama the puppet makes some laws and provisions that will help the problem past puppets and thier masters created.

The above reasons for the behavior we see today is something that is the same for all poor inner city areas world wide.

posted on Aug, 11 2013 @ 06:38 PM
link   
reply to post by bigman88

I don't care much for Tommy S.

But here's who I like:

He tells the cold hard honest truth.

posted on Aug, 11 2013 @ 06:45 PM
link   
Here's another one from David Carroll ( author of the above videos)...

This one goes into why black youth is the way they are today:

edit on 11-8-2013 by ButterCookie because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 22  23  24    26  27  28 >>

join