It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama Tells Schools Not To Discipline Black Students For Bad Behavior

page: 24
<< 21  22  23    25  26  27 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 11 2013 @ 12:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by brookster18
Time to home school.

Enrollment now on at Sphan Ranch.

We do Time4Learning.

posted on Aug, 11 2013 @ 12:44 AM
link   
What ever happened to words like consequences for your actions and taking personal responsibility for ones' future? A free education in the United States is priceless and a grand opportunity for anyone to make something of and for themselves.

We pay a lot of money out in property taxes for a good school so our children can have a great opportunity to learn. It makes me mad to think my child could be bullied, beaten, raped, stolen from, or even disrupted from learning the day's lesson in the classroom because someone chooses to make trouble for everyone. Without suffering the consequences the perpetrator learns to ruin life for everyone. School becomes unsafe.

In 1978 a white girl sitting next to me in seventh grade math did not complete her homework assignment. The
consequence was she was taken out into the hall and paddled with a wood paddle. We could all hear her screaming and crying, the whole school could in fact. Maybe corporate punishment should be reintroduced? If children do not learn commitments, behaving amicably, responsibility for themselves and others... What kind of society do we have to look forward to in our old age? I don't care what skin color a person has they are expected to behave and value their priceless education. It really is very simple.

posted on Aug, 11 2013 @ 01:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by frugal
In 1978 a white girl sitting next to me in seventh grade math did not complete her homework assignment. The
consequence was she was taken out into the hall and paddled with a wood paddle. We could all hear her screaming and crying, the whole school could in fact. Maybe corporate punishment should be reintroduced?

Why stop at beating children? Maybe minimum wage workers should also be "paddled" when they make mistakes at their jobs?

edit on 11-8-2013 by TheComte because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2013 @ 01:21 AM
link   
reply to post by TheComte

They are professionally spanked. First a file is opened and they are warned, or just fired on the spot. A woman was fired for shoving another woman in front of the microwave at lunch in the company cafeteria. No company wants a liability lawsuit because someone doesn't behave. Swearing, shoving, sniffing glue, doing drugs, sex on the conference table, sexually harassing employees, groping someone, stealing, scratching someone's car up in the parking lot, bring firearms to work, bringing liquor to work, etc... fired= professionally spanked.
Life is hard. Getting along makes it so much easier.

posted on Aug, 11 2013 @ 01:41 AM
link   
reply to post by frugal

Oh well, your reply just allayed all my concerns.

Of course, that sounds perfectly ok if they're professionally spanked.

posted on Aug, 11 2013 @ 01:44 AM
link   
reply to post by neformore

Originally posted by neformore
reply to post by ButterCookie

Thanks for calling in. I enjoyed the banter!

Still think I'm right though
- but different opinions are what make the world go round!

Yeah well, you're wrong.
You pointed out that you think the EO is right and not racist, yet admitted to the fact that having a specific group (AA's) in the wording wasn't right. Hence, you contradicted yourself. If you support true equality then you cannot support this EO. You chose not to listen to the reality of what this EO really is. So you sir, are the weakest link.

Edit to add: You also tried on several occasions to twist the OP's words and intent, and failed miserably.

edit on 11-8-2013 by Wookiep because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2013 @ 02:58 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 11 2013 @ 03:02 AM
link   
here is the actual order in its entirety:
www.whitehouse.gov...

absolutely nowhere in that does it say to let black students off the hook.
in the *speech* he gave referring to the order he said something about black students have a disproportionately high rate of disciplinary action and that the root cause of this should be investigated and any prejudicial guidelines or practices should be adjusted where relevant.

but nowhere in that actual executive order is word one said about allowing black students to 'get away' with anything.

gotta love conservatives. there's no completely manufactured pile of bull# they won't have a grand ole' freak out over.

posted on Aug, 11 2013 @ 04:12 AM
link   
Every day its more and more clear that Obama is set upon the destruction of the USA and dismantling the whole globe in to a war zone. This order if true (sorry not had time to read the whole thread for once) is a clear nod to his core supporters to do whatever he asks as there will be treats thrown their way.

Here in the UK race isn't such a big issue, it more religious matters that cause distress here but it clear in the US that race is becoming a HUGE issue again with Afro American crime being at a massive number, especially violent crime. Obama is catering to those who would be criminally violent by asking the establishment to back down. This can NOT work out well for your teaching staff as all this does is make them an easier target for the wrong element.

All I see when I look at Obama is a trojan horse, a man with a family who drain the tax payer resources on overly frequent trips and absurd spending, a man who places himself FIRMLY in the radical Muslim camp who constantly praises Islam at a time when Islam is at the centre of most wars out there. A man who seems set upon playing a race card as seen with the Trayvon Martin case. Both him and Holder had no right to use the case to promote himself as an Afro American man and rally his core support, its an incredibly dangerous stunt.

Daily I see a man more and more incompetent bring more and more destructive laws in to place while heading dangerously close to the Shariah mentality, by that I mean the reduction of free speech except to those he likes and the reduction in democracy and civil liberties.

That is why I see him as a trojan horse, a man slowly introducing Radical Islam in to America, he certainly keeps close links with the Muslim Brother hood via CAIR etc who the FBI exposed as being a front for them.

Before I get the PC comments, I'm anti Radical Islam, not anti Muslim, well if I was my 30yr plus marriage to my MUSLIM wife would not have lasted.

But this insane law to allow a select race to get away with more is nothing but a lighting of a race fuse, everyone must be treated the same, doing otherwise creates divisions, the President should not be seen to be playing the race card and more worryingly on numerous events. Can he be a proud Afro American (is he even American), of course he can but he's the leader of a whole country of all races and creeds, playing the race card for one alone is stupid and dangerous for ALL Americans, what is he going to do when innocent Afro American's get caught in the crossfire?

Make a new law?

What America needs now is strong leadership and not a man 'playing games'...
edit on 11-8-2013 by Mclaneinc because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2013 @ 05:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Wookiep

Nice try, but as I said, where in the EO does it "tell schools not to discipline black students for bad behaviour"?

The answer is that it doesn't.

posted on Aug, 11 2013 @ 08:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by neformore
reply to post by Wookiep

Nice try, but as I said, where in the EO does it "tell schools not to discipline black students for bad behaviour"?

The answer is that it doesn't.

And that's the same issue I have with this thread. The article sourced in the OP is factually incorrect.
The author of the OP claims this EO is "racist", yet how can it be when it calls for "equal treatment?"

Sure, if the EO called for harsher punishment for whites, it could be construed as a racist move by the POTUS, but it doesn't. It's merely asking for equal treatment for children that are obviously receiving far worse punishments.

edit on 11-8-2013 by Garkiniss because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2013 @ 08:53 AM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Do black kids get a fair shake in the progressive-liberal school system?
No.
Do I think it is wrong for the president to address the issue?
No.
Do I agree with his solution?
No.

That right there - is how it's done

I had one foot out the door yesterday - typing even as someone was waiting for me outside in a car. ATS should really be labeled a Schedule One - you know - thing we're not supposed to discuss hereabouts :-)

Anyhow - sorry I wasn't here for this - but so nice to see this morning :-)

I agree, my most oft foe. (
)

Awww - gee beez - foe? Really? I was always only ever shooting for thorn in your side :-)

We need to look at the problem. Obama's "solution" addresses one of the symptoms. NOT the problem.

This is the thing - it's not intended to be a solution - it's an attempt to put a focus on the problem - working towards possible solutions

Although, I don't think any reasonable, thinking person (left or right) believes for a minute that there is a real solution - there are things we can talk about, tweak and pursue...with enough time - things might head in the right direction

There is a growing concern with black youths in todays society. I blame government and entitlement mentality for much of it.

Much of it? Well - that's a lot more balanced than blaming government for all of it. The government has done some very good things - and some things obviously haven't worked out as well as one might have hoped - good intentions and all that. But - you can't fault people for good intentions - and I've never been able to buy into the whole 'us and them' way of looking at the world - this mess is the responsibility of a whole lot of different individuals, groups, organizations - and beliefs

Not for nothin', and not for you - but for those people in this thread and elsewhere that actually believe that racism isn't an issue anymore, that all kids have equal opportuny, and that they are not being judged their entire lives by what they are instead of who they are, here's one very public, simple and obvious example of what's going on right here in real world USA:

Cheerios Ad Starring Interracial Family Predictably Summons Bigot Wave

A nice Cheerios advertisement whose only discernible difference from other Cheerios commercials is that it depicts an interracial family was forced to disable its YouTube comments section today after it became inundated with virulent racism.

Despite the hate, Camille Gibson, vice president of marketing for Cheerios, told us in a statement, "Consumers have responded positively to our new Cheerios ad. At Cheerios, we know there are many kinds of families and we celebrate them all."

We(collectively) have lost the ability and desire to take care of our own. We have abdicated so much of our individual responsibility to government that when government steps in to correct the issue (no matter how poorly) we complain, but where in the hell were we when the issue initiated?

It's interesting that you and I are on opposite sides of this - but, are we really? When government first stepped in we were living with actual segregation, blatant discrimination - and hangings. Only some people saw government intervention as a problem then - and those were people with rope

Now? Times have changed - but, we both know - those people are still out there - and they aren't just hanging out at youtube - they are everywhere - even in our schools

A solution might be to take back that initial responsibility from the government and return it to families and neighborhoods where it rightly belongs.
FORCE people to take care of their children.
FORCE people to be responsible for their child's education.
FORCE people to be responsible.

Force? Sink or swim? Because society will step up - and everyone will be afforded the same opportunities - naturally? Maybe. You willing to take that risk - really?

The system in place isn't working - but instead of taking an adversarial approach maybe we should start considering that it's a human problem - it's takes time and cooperation to see real change. Time and cooperation have already accomplished quite a bit

This EO is just one more attempt to shift people's focus back on part (and just one part) of the problem. These kids deserve to be treated the same as all kids - it's innocent until proven guilty - not the other way around.

-And that, good sir, is about the most honest answer I can and have ever provided.

It's a good one - and an honest one. But it's not the only one you've ever provided - I read - there have been plenty of others :-)

and - Sir?

:-)

edit on 8/11/2013 by Spiramirabilis because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2013 @ 08:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by ButterCookie
Speaking of unruly black students, what is being done to those animals that attacked the boy on the the bus? Surely Obama won't speak out on this...
edit on 9-8-2013 by ButterCookie because: (no reason given)

It is Biden's turn,

he should say, "if I had a son, he look like, erm..uh that white kid victim"..

see how sad, we don't even have his name on memory recall..

Of course, being originally from East TN. I am sickened most by the fact people STILL, and sadly never will know about... OBAMA wont touch this story..

Channon Christian and Christopher Newsom

posted on Aug, 11 2013 @ 10:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
reply to post by neformore

Hand up... who here actually read the order?

Yep rather clear right here:

However, substantial obstacles to equal educational opportunity still remain in America's educational system. African Americans lack equal access to highly effective teachers and principals, safe schools, and challenging college-preparatory classes, and they disproportionately experience school discipline and referrals to special education.

Clearly says it there.

AA's are 'unfairly' disciplined that is a 'substantial obstacle' for not 'achieving' academic excellence.

This is classic Obama and his party someone always keeping them down always someone else 'fault'.

You believe all schools - and all school districts - are the same?

You only have to skip one zip code left or right here to see that all kids are not being offered the same educational opportunity

posted on Aug, 11 2013 @ 10:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wookiep
Imagine if GW was in office and someone just said "I can accept that Bush favors whites over blacks". What a messed up time we are in.

He did favour whites and people did say that.
Remember New Orleans vs the california bush fires.

posted on Aug, 11 2013 @ 10:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Garkiniss

I wasn't aware I needed to do your reading for you.

There does seem to be some intellectual dishonesty in this thread, weaving it's way in from beginning to end - but it works for a certain audience. It all falls apart if you introduce facts

It would be easy to chalk it up to balking, or even reading comprehension - but I think it's more about fear

We'll call it fear

posted on Aug, 11 2013 @ 10:43 AM
link   
reply to post by ButterCookie

I am playing ATS live now...I am going to try to call in...looks like this thread will be the first topic of hour 2.
Sorry I missed the party. I didn't get home in time to jump in. I wish there was a podcast so I could listen to last nights show but it sounds like you nailed it. Nice job!

posted on Aug, 11 2013 @ 11:34 AM
link   
from the Executive Order - "African American males also experience disparate rates of incarceration."

-"they disproportionately experience school discipline and referrals to special education"

Notice the language there. They just 'EXPERIENCE' these things....They themselves played no active role but instead it just so happens that they happened to 'experience' higher rates of incarceration and school discipline. They have no control over themselves and are like a pinball being knocked around.

According to Obama, human beings do not have free will. We apparently have no control of our lives and when I wake up and go to work every morning, it's not my doing...It's just an experience that I magically somehow happen to luckily be a part of. Also, when I studied my butt off in school and made a conscious decision not to commit crime, it was not my doing. I just so happened to be a part of the experience.

from the Order - "... improving educational outcomes for African Americans"
????!!!!!!!!!
I don't like to have a President that is passing racist Executive Orders. If the educational outcomes of all other races are not completely perfect, then I think it's a racist thing to do to pass such an executive order focusing on one particular race.

If anyone is interested in starting a march in Washington to demand the immediate removal of Barack Obama from the office of President, I for one would pledge to go if it gained enough traction.
Between Benghazi, the IRS auditing scandal, AP spying, NSA revelations, Obamacare (which is purely unconstitutional and communist), etc. etc. and now This, a purely racist executive order, it is time for Obama to leave the office of President of the United States of America.

I'm not talking about impeachment proceedings and bureaucratic sideshow nonsense. I want to see tens of millions of people flood Washington to DEMAND that Obama himself steps down. He is an obvious enemy of the United States and everything we are supposed to stand for as explained in the Constitution.

posted on Aug, 11 2013 @ 12:13 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag

Pardon me for not reading all 23 pages of the thread...
....oops 24
edit on 11-8-2013 by acuna because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2013 @ 12:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Vrill

Par for the course. Conservatives (for the most part) will take anything the president does and either read something in to it that isn't there or will completely misrepresent it

new topics

top topics

<< 21  22  23    25  26  27 >>

join