It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama Tells Schools Not To Discipline Black Students For Bad Behavior

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2013 @ 11:31 AM
link   
Im agreeing with all the responses to the article in this thread, EXCEPT that bama is "racist".

This is NOT going to help black kids in public schools, but it IS meant to pander to blacks via the shallow illusion that it will... or even just that hes giving them something for free, which from what I can see has been programmed to be expected in black culture.

Hes trying, and may be successful at, taking advantage of an already bad situation, advancing it. The goal isnt as shallow as the illusion is, its much deeper.

The goal is about trying to impede the progress of the next generation of black adults; progress being defined as individual success in all areas.

The mechanism hes using is trying to take away whatever small bit of structure black youth might have now, and kids of all types need structure to really become successful adults, all successful in their own way of course, but without that structure the kids will be lost in adulthood more likely than not, and not actualize their true potential.

From my perspective there isnt much structure for black youths as it is... but our puppet in chief is trying his best to remove whatever there is, just making a very bad situation even worse, if even just a little bit.

Division is the goal here, and a stifling of potential, and always is in all government affairs. Division of the people, that is.

edit on 8/9/2013 by CaticusMaximus because: grammar

+2 more 
posted on Aug, 9 2013 @ 11:31 AM
link   
reply to post by seabag

I suffer from no white guilt. I also do not care if someone calls me a racist. I know I am not a racist. My friends and family know I am not a racist. People who call you a racist because you don't agree with a black man do not have any say in my decision making process because they have already shown that they cannot come to rational conclusions about other people.

posted on Aug, 9 2013 @ 11:32 AM
link   
What the hell guy?
So we cant expect black people to act like, well... people?
Nice one Barry, a true credit to your race.

posted on Aug, 9 2013 @ 11:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Krazysh0t
reply to post by seabag

I suffer from no white guilt. I also do not care if someone calls me a racist. I know I am not a racist. My friends and family know I am not a racist. People who call you a racist because you don't agree with a black man do not have any say in my decision making process because they have already shown that they cannot come to rational conclusions about other people.

While you may be above this type of thing (or at least say you are), many suffer from "white guilt". It's as real as the air you breathe...you can't see it but you know its there. I bet many people you know suffer from it to some degree.

edit on 9-8-2013 by seabag because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2013 @ 11:38 AM
link   
reply to post by LockNLoad

Guoha has answered this question.

And Guohua is correct.

My question to you: Are you not able to see how this order places black students in a victimhood state- that their unruly behavior is to be overlooked because they are somehow at an imagined 'disadvantage' due to color?

Any disadvantages they have are due to single parent homes/parents who did not value their own education, let alone their child's education/ no parental involvement in the school/ drugs and gang violence in their community/ versexualized culture/ ...things of that sort.

Agreed?
edit on 9-8-2013 by ButterCookie because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2013 @ 11:39 AM
link   
reply to post by ButterCookie

Just curious to see what you thought. What did people think about The White House Initiative on Educational Excellence for Hispanic Americans by President George H.W. Bush.

www2.ed.gov...

minorityhealth.hhs.gov...

The White House Initiative on American Indian and Alaska Native Education leads the President’s Executive Order 13592, signed December 2, 2011, Improving American Indian and Alaska Native Educational Opportunities and Strengthening Tribal Colleges and Universities.

www.ed.gov...

And from the order i find this to be good

(iii) decreasing the disproportionate number of referrals of African American children from general education to special education by addressing the root causes of the referrals and eradicating discriminatory referrals;

This is a common problem because schools get extra funding for minorities placed in special education. They tried to put my daughters in there because they had trouble pronouncing certain letters and I said hell no. Teacher said it would give the school extra funds to help my kids.

Peace

posted on Aug, 9 2013 @ 11:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Krazysh0t
reply to post by seabag

Bravo to you

I have always felt that whites should not feel 'guilty' about an institution that they had no involvement in.

And yes, blacks have a hard time accepting hard core realties from any race except their own, and this is not productive, because your most objective criticims will often come from the outside looking in.

posted on Aug, 9 2013 @ 11:44 AM
link   
Ok I definitely don't know all the laws on the books. But I don't think a single school district has to listen to this crap. I thought the federal government is not allowed to DICTATE how the states run? And they can't use subsidies to enforce this either?

Can anyone explain how this works in more detail? Am I correct in thinking this?
edit on 9-8-2013 by elouina because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2013 @ 11:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by dashen
What the hell guy?
So we cant expect black people to act like, well... people?
Nice one Barry, a true credit to your race.

Exactly.

This is the same sentiment that stemmed from the Trayvon/ Zimmerman case. Blacks that I debated that trial with kept restating that Zimmerman "should have never got out of his car"

Surely many have heard this statement, and here's where I disagree with it.

What that implies is that George Zimmerman 'should have KNOWN - aka EXPECTED' Trayvon to behave as he did, which was like a wild animal by attacking George.

posted on Aug, 9 2013 @ 11:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by superman2012
Link to Executive Order

Here are some choice parts of the order

(iii) decreasing the disproportionate number of referrals of African American children from general education to special education by addressing the root causes of the referrals and eradicating discriminatory referrals;

Earlier in the order it admits that Black U.S. Students lag 2 grades behind their peers, but having them get Special Education help is somehow discriminatory????????

(vi) reducing the dropout rate of African American students and helping African American students graduate from high school prepared for college and a career, in part by promoting a positive school climate that does not rely on methods that result in disparate use of disciplinary tools, and by supporting successful and innovative dropout prevention and recovery strategies that better engage African American youths in their learning, help them catch up academically, and provide those who have left the educational system with pathways to reentry;

"Positive School Climate"?!?!?! Yeah that's the real problem with our schools. Everyone knows that ALL Black students are disciplined solely based on the color of their skin, not their actual actions. Never mind that there are behavior issues, Black, White, Asian, Hispanic and other students should be equally disciplined on a QUOTA system? Forget the actual people who are disruptive in school, we must have equality in discipline among all races. Celebrate Diversity remember?

d) This order is not intended to, and does not, create any right or benefit, substantive or procedural, enforceable at law or in equity by any party against the United States, its departments, agencies, or entities, its officers, employees, or agents, or any other person

Does anyone actually believe this last bit????

Don't get me wrong, inner city schools and correspondingly, African American students, suffer greatly due to our mismanaged priorities with the American Education system. I see it in Detroit Schools vs the Suburbs and frankly even most suburban schools don't meet up to my standards. However, to even give credence to the reason there are so many African American Dropouts in High School is due to racially disciplining and expelling them based on their skin color is, just shows you how messed up the whole system is. Creating a false rationale for a real problem and then creating systems to "fix" that false rationale is just wacko. I'm surprised he didn't ask for separate grading scales based on race, you know to make things "equal". We can't have Asian kids getting more A's than Whites or Blacks now, can we?

President Obama Supporters, lets hear you defend this.
edit on 9-8-2013 by pavil because: (no reason given)

edit on 9-8-2013 by pavil because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2013 @ 11:50 AM
link   

these are all initiatives folks,,,the government has thousands of them..some successful some not so successful.
Lets not get crazy folks...

posted on Aug, 9 2013 @ 11:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by elouina
Ok I definitely don't know all the laws on the books. But I don't think a single school district has to listen to this crap. I thought the federal government is not allowed to DICTATE how the states run? And they can't use subsidies to enforce this either?

Can anyone explain how this works in more detail? Am I correct in thinking this?
edit on 9-8-2013 by elouina because: (no reason given)

I don't know for sure, but I do know that the local schools were pushing the First Lady's school food guidelines...
What authority did she have over the school district that my kids attend?

posted on Aug, 9 2013 @ 11:53 AM
link   
I knew this sounded familiar ...

Above Top Secret Thread - Obama Backs Race-Based School Discipline Policies
We all had a nice long chat about Obama's racist crap seeping into the schools.
This was last year at this time ...

posted on Aug, 9 2013 @ 12:00 PM
link   
Will you people stop whining for once?

Its done. Deal with it.

posted on Aug, 9 2013 @ 12:01 PM
link   
actually stuff like this is right in line with the political correct movement which has made it practically a crime or child abuse to spank your child in most places. I can tell you pretty certainly that without being spanked and disciplined sometimes harshly as a child my little dabblings in crime would have been much worse and I might not even be here.

all children......these days...continue to lose the fear of authority and those with power to do them hurt. There isnt a healthy 'respect' or 'fear' of anything anymore....thats concerning. I will say this...there werent that many adults that i respected growing up.....but i had a very healthy fear of what they could do to me....and sometimes thats what a person needs. These kids need a healthy fear of 'hey...this guy could really stomp me into the dirt if i make him mad'.

my grandmother told me a story once about her brother...now mind you shes 'old school' and came up poor from a large family.....there was no f....laking around.. Anyway, i guess her brother got into it with a boy he was teaching....i cant remember exactly the situation...but the kid was acting up......and my great uncle said 'if you dont wise up and cut it out ill throw you right out that window' just as serious as a person could be. I thought at the time 'geez thats harsh....even if he wouldnt do it to threaten it is pretty severe....' however the kid straightened right up.

the way i see it....and i'm probly wrong but its the way i think.....parents, adults, teachers....their job is to scare the bejesus out of kids lest they walk across a street without looking and get freakin flattened like a pancake with guts squirting out their orifices. Their job is to teach/train/program those kids into the realization that once they grow up and leave the house...there is NO mercy for them in the world....and you cross the wrong person one day....in some cases you even LOOK at a person on the bus the wrong way.....youre just dead meat pal.

but adults arent doing this anymore....their doing time outs and putting kids in a corner.......yeah...good luck with that.

posted on Aug, 9 2013 @ 12:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by spacedog1973

Its done. Deal with it.

Great defense of this order.

We are all so proud of it.

Care to elaborate on your thoughts?

posted on Aug, 9 2013 @ 12:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by chrismarco

these are all initiatives folks,,,the government has thousands of them..some successful some not so successful.
Lets not get crazy folks...

Hmmm.

I took it to be an Executive Order issue by President Obama calling for the separate treatment of one particular race.

posted on Aug, 9 2013 @ 12:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by spacedog1973

Its done. Deal with it.

You seem to be the one that is whining.
No one is forcing you to read this.

posted on Aug, 9 2013 @ 12:14 PM
link   
Typical responses from the expected same group of members. This order was signed over a year ago, its designed to make it look as if Obama is doing something for the black community, when in reality it accomplishes little.

Peace, proceed with the right wing circle jerk thread.

posted on Aug, 9 2013 @ 12:19 PM
link   
First of all, these are goals, not laws. These committees will be working with schools to help figure out how to keep black kids in schools, and help them to succeed and move towards college/university.

Is there anything in this E.O. that you like? Anything at all? It's a really long executive order, with lots of points. Should we scrap the whole thing? Let things keep going exactly as they are? Would that be better for the black community?

I am really trying to be patient and abide by the T & Cs here, but you guys are really testing me.

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join