It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Yeah, gotta love those damn statistics from Govt. More guns shows less crime

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2013 @ 08:39 AM
link   
www.nssfblog.com...

Man I gotta love this.
Seems that the statistics from Govt agencies, the same that are stripping rights away from people left and right, shows that the Anti-Gun Rights groups are full of crap.
Gun control is simply about Control.

Enjoy

A majority of Americans say they think gun crime has increased over the past 20 years, even though it has actually fallen dramatically, a recent Pew Research Center survey shows. The infographic below provides a closer look at some recent numbers.

edit on 9-8-2013 by macman because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2013 @ 08:43 AM
link   
reply to post by macman

I found it fitting that it is a 'Pew Research Center' poll.

Pew! Pew! Pew!
(imitated sound of gunfire for those not familiar with pew, pew, pew!)

posted on Aug, 9 2013 @ 08:44 AM
link   
reply to post by butcherguy

Nice. I never thought of that.

posted on Aug, 9 2013 @ 08:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by macman

Nice. I never thought of that.

The Glock Girls and Michelle Viscusi (from Top Shots) use that term a lot on their social media sites.
Link to Michelle's Maxim magazine layout:
Maxim
edit on 9-8-2013 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2013 @ 08:53 AM
link   
reply to post by macman

Mac, the government only wants to "help" you by "keeping you safe" from gun violence by taking away the weighted responsibility of protecting yourself.

Obamaphones (oPhones) are to call 911. The AG Holder also stated that it is your responsibility to run away if someone has a gun.

So instead of protecting yourself;
Give the people your money, the government was going to do it anyway.
And run away while calling 911. (Unless they also took your oPhone. Then just run and scream alot)

See how much better America is now? Don't you feel safer knowing that all your personal security fears have been met and managed by government?

posted on Aug, 9 2013 @ 08:54 AM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Correctly timed satire is a lost art.
Bravo good sir.

posted on Aug, 9 2013 @ 08:56 AM
link   
reply to post by macman

Doesn't surprise me at all.
They manipulate the media, admit it and sway public opinion with emotional responses.
It's all too simple and clear to see, although you wouldn't think so by watching TV.
Same with elections, passing their atrocious laws, or supporting this crazy agenda.
Local channels and national channels all seem to report the same bad journalism.
Almost akin to keeping everyone in fear and scared of nothing but whatever they preach.
Every news cast I've ever watched was like listening to Chicken Little.
But cancelling my cable years ago solved that problem.

If the average American turned off the TV and walked outside...

They would see the sky is NOT falling.

posted on Aug, 9 2013 @ 09:07 AM
link   
reply to post by macman

Two Words.

Inconvenient Truth.

Seems that the gun banners don't have a leg to stand on.

posted on Aug, 9 2013 @ 09:09 AM
link   
All i know is that usually anything that is bad needs less of it not more of it to stop it.

Imagine this tactic on the drug 'war', "make drugs SO CHEAP" all the losers on them take so much they all die thus removing the problem"

sounds legit.

posted on Aug, 9 2013 @ 09:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by grey580
reply to post by macman

Two Words.

Inconvenient Truth.

Seems that the gun banners don't have a leg to stand on.

That's because they shot themselves in the foot with their rhetoric.

(ba-doom bing!)

posted on Aug, 9 2013 @ 09:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Biigs

Nah, legalize the natural occurring drugs and that will get rid of most drug cartels.

And free up a whole lot of money in the failed "war on drugs".

posted on Aug, 9 2013 @ 09:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Biigs
All i know is that usually anything that is bad needs less of it not more of it to stop it.

Imagine this tactic on the drug 'war', "make drugs SO CHEAP" all the losers on them take so much they all die thus removing the problem"

sounds legit.

What is 'bad' are laws against people doing something that has no effect on others. We have too many of those laws already.

There are laws against robbery, murder and kidnapping, as there should be, because they affect people detrimentally. It doesn't hurt you if Joe Schmuckitelli owns a gun, it hurts you if he uses it to affect you negatively.

Chicago has tried to 'have less' guns by banning them, it would appear that the tactic fails in real life.

posted on Aug, 9 2013 @ 09:17 AM
link   
Legislation is very rarely about reality. It's all perception and fantasy.

Teflon bullets anyone?

What's amazing is that essentially every American has access to the all the information of the world right in front of their faces yet they're still willfully and certainly ignorant.

Legislation that affects the lives of hundreds of millions of people is routinely passed into law by a handful of morons whose whole position can be broken down to: "I HAVE VERY STRONG OPINIONS ON SOMETHING I KNOW NOTHING ABOUT!!!!!!!!!"

We should start a campaign to ban trolls. We must ban trolls to save the unicorns. What do you mean there's no such thing as trolls? Well, what do you think killed off all the unicorns then? Ban trolls, save unicorns!
edit on 9-8-2013 by thisguyrighthere because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2013 @ 09:37 AM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Good one.
+1 internets for you.

posted on Aug, 9 2013 @ 10:00 AM
link   

Oh i quite agree, sorry for the slight thread derail i should have chosen something other than the hot topic of drug war - apologies for that OP.

People still need their guns for non human defense reasons and everything that is happening now will cause a misuse of what ever is left - which wont stop the problem, just move it. Look at prisons for a perfect example, poeople who want to kill people find a way, even with plastic toothbrushes and such!

Too many nutters out there? remove all things that can hurt everyone - but leave the nutters alone! GREAT IDEA!
edit on 9-8-2013 by Biigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2013 @ 10:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Biigs

Sorry I misunderstood you.
A star on your post!

posted on Aug, 9 2013 @ 02:37 PM
link   
I have yet to meet a gun owner that has killed as many people as the government that is supposedly represents them.

Gun control is indeed all about control that put's you between the rock and a hard place.

A country where only the military and the police, and criminals have guns there you are your suppose to dial 911 and wait for someone to come save you.

That help is minutes away where most people only have seconds.

Any laws disarming the public are a declaration they government is the master of 'we the people' not it's servant.

Any statistic put up by the anti gun crowd is hype, nay LIES.

The second amendment is rather clear it is a RIGHT not a privilege.

Molan Labe.

posted on Aug, 9 2013 @ 02:45 PM
link   
You do not want to play this game. People will just whip out nations that have strict gun control laws so of course lower murder rates and lower violent crimes rates. Trying to prentend guns prevent crime is a losing debate. It just makes it easier for people who want to ban guns to make a valid case. Of course if people did not have guns we would have much lower violent crime rates. That is not just a fact, it is common sense. Do not try and play that game. The fact it is, it does not matter. We have a right under the constitution to own firearms. That is all that matters. Walking into a losing debate is a waste of time.

posted on Aug, 9 2013 @ 06:02 PM
link   
reply to post by macman

Please do not make false conclusions about gun statistics...

I could care less about US gun laws, although I hate it when people make false assumptions.

During the last decades, crime overally, not only gun violence has decreased significantly in more adcanced countries. It is common that with the rise of the overall welfare of the country crime decreases. That is the reason behind the gun violence decrease, not the fact that there are more guns out there. The crime rates were even higher in certain European countries back in the day, although right now these have decreased far more than in US.

Compared to other advanced nations, US has significantly higher gun violence rates. Over 4 times more people die from gun violence than in any other advanced country, whether any Central/Northern European contry, advanced Asian economy, Australia or Canada, over 4 times less people are killed with guns (per capita) than in US.

Decreasing crime rates is a natural effect when a country becomes more developed , although the large amount of firearms can be linked with higher gun violence rates.

The crime has decreased, although it would have decreased significantly more, if there were less firearms out there. That is what can be said, when other similar countries are also taken into account.

posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 01:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Cabin

Not talking about other countries. This is about America. Nothing more.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join