It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How do you define 'God'?

page: 9
<< 6  7  8   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 17 2013 @ 04:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by masqua
reply to post by f4cgv2

I disagree.

The Void you keep speaking of (imho) did not exist before the theoretical 'Big Bang'. Matter did not explode into an emptiness, the emptiness was created with the theoretical 'Big Bang'.

In fact, the empty space you're envisioning isn't all that empty when the theoretical and much more prevalent dark matter and dark energy are taken into account. What other theoretical 'stuff' composes 'empty space' is anyone's theoretical concept.

God is not-so-empty space, dark matter, dark energy, matter, anti-matter, you, me, all of the other sentient beings (alien or otherwise) and crazy little kitties as well.

(and that's just talking about this universe)

The "void" is still a "thing". The void is 3D space without contents of matter nor energy.

The absolute and foundation why infinite 3D space and the infinite 3 aspects of time exist is Gods effort to be true to the definition of omnipresent. To be true to this definition, God must exist everywhere, even inside of absolute non-existence.

The problem with absolute non-existence is it is self-annihilating the instant any awareness directs its focus to consider it, thus destroying the integrity of non-existence, because it now exists.

All space, all time, all the contents of both, all the downstream physics, is all because of the effort to enter and occupy absolute non-existence. It's quite cool how this Effort generates and upholds the existence of space, time, and all the downstream physics (like gravity, matter, energy), and how the end game produces the success. Hint: we are a part of the toolkit that accomplishes that. Tools, nothing more, so don't get all ego inflated or religious righteous.
edit on 17-8-2013 by tkwasny because: Typo fix.

posted on Aug, 17 2013 @ 04:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by tkwasny

The "void" is still a "thing". The void is 3D space without contents of matter nor energy.

The void is void of all things. It is only when 'things' are imagined that there can be space and time and distance.
There is no time, space or distance in reality.

The problem with absolute non-existence is it is self-annihilating the instant any awareness directs its focus to consider it, thus destroying the integrity of non-existence, because it now exists.

This moment right now is all that is really appearing to exist but the words that are known imply there is more than this - the mind says there 'was' a yesterday and there 'will be' a tomorrow - but the mind has to say it now.
Now is all there is and now is not a thing.
All that is destroyed when this is realized is time and space and the belief in a you separate from this. Nothing is separate from this and this is all there is. This is appearing out of nowhere - it is nothing happening.

posted on Aug, 17 2013 @ 10:00 AM
link   
reply to post by f4cgv2

How simple is that? The VOID. VOID, dude. VACUUM. EMPTY SPACE. Infinite, empty space. It was there before the big bang, and will be there afterwards, when all matter is long gone.
Your sheepish rattling off foolish question only indicates that you don't want to listen.

Don't even try to take a condescending tone with me. It makes people want to listen to you even less than they already are.

No way. And I have explained the big bang, too. The first idea of the infinite empty space was an infinitely small dot. That's it, in purely geometrical terms. Or, if you prefer numbers, they say, "Out of the zero came the ONE".

Mathematically impossible without introducing another value into the equation. You're saying that the void spontaneously became something other than the void. Uh huh.

It's as simple as imagining an infinite empty vacuum, 13.7 billion years ago, where, apparently out of no reason, an infinitely small dot appears and expands. Welcome to big bang theory. Very simple and straightforward.

Theory also suggests a universe might have existed before it, and will again after this one collapses.

What are you putting in my mouth that I have NOT said? I have not said anything about Superego, except that Ego is a hindrance.

I am arguing that that is not an absolute statement, nor should you use it as such.

All your thinking is a HINDRANCE to perceiving. You are not perceiving, you are interpreting, then putting over a smokescreen of thoughts of what you "SHOULD" see, and then deciding if that, what you actually SAW, is acceptable or not or needs further interpretation and thus, distraction from what is actually out there and what WAS perceived (but not appreciated).

As a fellow human being who has seen less than 0.00000000000000000000000000000000000001% of the observable universe, has seen about 1% of what is actually here in that infinitesimal fraction of the universe, and has lived less than 100 years experiencing that 1% of the 0.00000000000000000000000000000000000001%...

You literally know nothing. As do I. But I'm not the one telling people what they should be perceiving. That would be incredibly arrogant of me.

posted on Aug, 17 2013 @ 10:11 AM
link   
"god" is a man-made entity to control people....the mere fact that one has to die to receive a reward/or to fully understand "god" should be an obvious indication of the definition.

posted on Aug, 17 2013 @ 11:13 AM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity

Originally posted by AfterInfinity
Your rambling about nothing being everything and none of us being anything but the nonexistence present has very little to do with it, unless you can concisely and coherently explain otherwise.

This is a gift for you.

edit on 17-8-2013 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2013 @ 02:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Itisnowagain
The present is presently happening eternally - the spirit constantly appears different. 'Physical reality' can only appear where there is seeing and seeing happens now.
God is presence - there is nothing other.

I agree with what you said, so there is no arguement here. I believe we can define God with this supposed 4th dimension of time. It is time that I have always wished I could stop, I want to stop time so bad, stopping time would be the only way to get gratification because there would be no end.

Experts tell us there is no firm distinction between how you remember and how you think.
They still don't fully understand exactly how you remember or what occurs during recall.

So our conscious thought and perception is that of the same as memory, our memory is what makes up much of our personality. The question is what can our subconscious remember? Some have claimed to remember past lives or even an eternal place existing before birth. I am a believer that there is a creator, simply because the moon cannot have that track in my opinion if the solar system was created by chance. So if there is a creator that can harness the frequency of thought and memory than the creator must have some way of thought of remembering what has been created.

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8   >>

join