It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How do you define 'God'?

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 16 2013 @ 12:11 PM
link   
reply to post by greyer

Very limiting and fanciful, in my opinion. We're not talking the Barbie version of gods here.

posted on Aug, 16 2013 @ 12:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by greyer
reply to post by Risingfall

I have heard before that 'God is love.'

This that is happening is just happening unconditionally - it is just arising in presence - it is love - unconditional love.

What we are seeing in physical reality is not really physical but a spiritual vibration of energy. Science has said this but the ego still tends to live in a physical world when that has already been proven wrong.

The present is presently happening eternally - the spirit constantly appears different. 'Physical reality' can only appear where there is seeing and seeing happens now.
God is presence - there is nothing other.

edit on 16-8-2013 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2013 @ 12:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Itisnowagain

That's not a very helpful description. I may as well describe my car as presently tangible in moderately functional capacity. That doesn't tell you anything except that I have a car.

posted on Aug, 16 2013 @ 12:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by AfterInfinity

That's not a very helpful description. I may as well describe my car as presently tangible in moderately functional capacity. That doesn't tell you anything except that I have a car.

What does that have to do with what I have written?
Have you ever been anything but present? Can you stop what is arising presently from arising? Can you hold onto the present arising or is it subsiding all the while you stay present watching.

The present arises without any permission - it arises unconditionally but a mind does not see the present arising. The mind is concerned with next and before and with it's beliefs and preconceived ideas, which can be threatened.
Only when the mind stops wanting more than there is will the unconditional be experienced. God is this moment of presence without the need for more or less.

posted on Aug, 16 2013 @ 01:44 PM
link   

Have you ever been anything but present? Can you stop what is arising presently from arising? Can you hold onto the present arising or is it subsiding all the while you stay present watching.

I have been, am, and hopefully will continue to be. In fact, I am continuing to be. Does that answer your question? To be quite frank, I am weary of your tirelessly inane rhetoric. It is both impractical and unrealistic.

It's also off topic. We're discussing the definition of "god", not me. Your rambling about nothing being everything and none of us being anything but the nonexistence present has very little to do with it, unless you can concisely and coherently explain otherwise. From what I have seen, I will not be holding my breath in anticipation of such an argument from you.

edit on 16-8-2013 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2013 @ 01:49 PM
link   
If a being that can be labeled godlike exists, then it has more than likely transcended all ability to determine any personality, gender, or original origin type. It would simply be sentient energy. To me, that is where all life comes from, and any life that transcends the physical, becomes energy. So, a being that is as advanced as one can be inside the limits of the Universe at large, would be such a being. Sentient energy.

posted on Aug, 16 2013 @ 01:50 PM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity

What would be the point?
It seems you just want to put my posts down but when asked a genuine question you will not play.

What are you observing when you have been knocked out?

posted on Aug, 16 2013 @ 01:53 PM
link   

How do you define 'God'?

The greatest scientist in the universe.

posted on Aug, 16 2013 @ 01:59 PM
link   

What would be the point?
It seems you just want to put my posts down but when asked a genuine question you will not play.

"Has Anyone Really Been Far Even as Decided to Use Even Go Want to do Look More Like?"

^^^ This is basically what I see in your questions. First, you use words according to meanings that no dictionary has ever acknowledged them as having. This means that for approximately 60% of your posts, you are speaking a language I have no familiarity with. What little you have explained to me has only served to severely warp the contextual dynamic to such an impractical degree that I literally have to double think to try and keep up with you.

In other words, your philosophy makes absolutely no sense and attempting to address me at all within the context of such lectures is an utter waste of your time and mine. Please do not attempt it in the future as I will be pointedly ignoring it. Trust me, I know what I'm missing, and I'm not sorry. I'm fairly certain I am not the only one.

Have a good one.

posted on Aug, 16 2013 @ 02:03 PM
link   
I only have to copy/paste myself again in order to let you know what I already said in the thread "why doesn't God show itself to us": So, to quote myself again:

Let me get some facts right, especially for the religious zealots:

First, you have to define what "God" is. If you cannot, you are lost. I can. I know which theoretical and practical requirements are there to define Absolute. If it is Absolute, it can only be one, and it cannot be finite. Thus: The proper definition of God aka Absolute: "One intelligent infinity". That, which was prior to the big bang: THE VOID.
God = THE VOID.

It is the same under every condition, no matter what: It is self-congruent and self-consistent to itself to the infinite degree. Only VOID can be like that.

The first idea of Infinity: Finitude.

Finitude is self-congruent and self-consistent to itself... not to the infinite degree, but ON LIMITED TERMS.

Finitude is borrowing everything it has - from Infinity.

Finitude is claiming the limited terms for creation; thus claiming ownership. It is the fallen angel, Lucifer, who claims to be "as great as God" in religious terms. Depicture a point stretching forward itself, to a line, rotating to a circle, resulting in the famous "Flower of Life" drawing and you get an idea how Finitude operates, and in what way it claims to be the Creator.

So anyway, the requirements for the planck-world are there: An (almost) infinitely small dot was there in the beginning (the big bang), weighing 10^E-8 grams, having a temperature of 35 billion degrees, and expanding. Physics knows about the Planck scale and the Planck world, but never looked at it from the Gnostic viewpoint.

More than 99.999% of your atoms are pure void, and you keep only noticing the meager 0.001%.

So why are you not perceiving that everything was created by the void, is still being created by the void, and is being sustained by the void ?

That's very simple: Because society has molded and deformed you when you were a child.
Society has installed a fake Self in you that you know as the Ego, and which is chatting all the time to yourself whether you like it or not.
The power of the internal monologue has to be broken, which is a hard work called "Meditation".

Only when Meditation is successful, the internal monologue is broken; in this Absolute Silence, the perfect Unity-Consciousness is revealed that was always there, is there, and will be always there.

In practice this means that you will somehow feel like a child; the fake Ego-Center in the brain will be gone, the new "center" of your Being will be felt in the heart. The unity-love that runs through the fabric of space is being felt, since no thinking now blocks or distorts its perception.

If you want to dig deeper, I recommend reading Val Valerian/Michael Topper's "MATRIX 4 : The Equivideum", where this is exactly explained, but not as simple as I have.

posted on Aug, 16 2013 @ 02:12 PM
link   

In other words, your philosophy makes absolutely no sense and attempting to address me at all within the context of such lectures is an utter waste of your time and mine. Please do not attempt it in the future as I will be pointedly ignoring it.

Ok. So you believe you can control what appears??

posted on Aug, 16 2013 @ 02:20 PM
link   

What would be the point?

"Has Anyone Really Been Far Even as Decided to Use Even Go Want to do Look More Like?"

^^^ This is basically what I see in your questions

The question is -
What are you observing when you have been knocked out? What do you see when you have been knocked out?

posted on Aug, 16 2013 @ 02:20 PM
link   
reply to post by f4cgv2

What is the void? Where does it come from? What constitutes its nature? Why does that make it "god"? How is that a better definition than any other?

You've made way too many assumptions right off the mark.

Finitude is claiming the limited terms for creation; thus claiming ownership. It is the fallen angel, Lucifer, who claims to be "as great as God" in religious terms. Depicture a point stretching forward itself, to a line, rotating to a circle, resulting in the famous "Flower of Life" drawing and you get an idea how Finitude operates, and in what way it claims to be the Creator.

Can you make an actual picture depicting this? I'm having difficulty grasping what you're explaining, though I'd like to understand.

So why are you not perceiving that everything was created by the void, is still being created by the void, and is being sustained by the void ?

Explain this further. It's frustrating to see blank statements like this - blank statements being statements that are made without explanation. You say it, it is true, it's supposed to be understood intuitively and you never seem to anticipate that it might not be. See? Just like that. That's what you need to do. Now...

Explain it.

That's very simple: Because society has molded and deformed you when you were a child.
Society has installed a fake Self in you that you know as the Ego, and which is chatting all the time to yourself whether you like it or not.
The power of the internal monologue has to be broken, which is a hard work called "Meditation".

Only when Meditation is successful, the internal monologue is broken; in this Absolute Silence, the perfect Unity-Consciousness is revealed that was always there, is there, and will be always there.

Id. Ego. Superego. One more expression of the holy trinity. It is holy for a reason. Id is the animal, Superego is the saint, the Ego is the mediator, the element that allows you to both utilize the preservative function of the animal and the cognitive function of the saint. For as long as you are chemical complex, you will have need of the Id. For as long as you are capable of higher functioning cognition, you will have need of the Superego. And as long as you possess BOTH...you will have need of the Ego.

Imagine an animal that is half cat and half bird. Without the Ego, this is what you are. Predator and prey. The selfish and the unselfish. You will destroy yourself to satisfy yourself. What you, f4cgv2, are suggesting is that we choose to no longer be human. We resist the human condition in favor of something that is better.

You are suggesting ingratitude. God is ingratitude. And as a result, we chase nonexistence. Because through some depraved twist of mental gymnastics, anything less than universal synchronicity on every possible level is just not good enough. So we must literally become everything, and in doing so, lose our individuality. That's so...dark and depressing. And I'll tell you why:

Blood magic. The Abrahamic god utilized blood magic to absolve the world of sin. And that came from the guy who declared that no witch be suffered to live. Isn't blood magic a black art? Isn't it considered a dirty, pagan practice? Oh, right, it's labeled as a "sacrifice" and sanctioned under the guise of offerings! The fact that they shed its blood doesn't mean a damn thing, right?

WRONG! It is magic. It is an act of power, an act of intention. The fairy tale is that the Abrahamic god wants to save us from ourselves. No, he wants to save himself from himself, using us. We are the pawns who grant him power, we are the servants who give him authority. Everything we do for him, we could do for ourselves. He knows that. Oh, does he know that.

The truth? I'll give you a truth. The "him" that knows all of this is INSIDE of us. We give power to the worst part of us. We have committed the most atrocious act of all. We have divided ourselves. Even down to the mind, the heart, the soul. We have divided ourselves. And we have mistaken division for unity. Half of us is the Abrahamic god, and the other half is his servant. Each man is divided into these two. This is why we feel powerless, because we are set upon ourselves. We are our own willing slaves. We have each taken our blade and buried it in our own feet. A self-imposed trance, hypnosis, a state of subjugation that we have initiated and we have perpetuated.

The perfect piece of magic, is it not? The perfect prison. The prison that has no walls, no chains, and no key. A prison of thought, a prison of the heart. A prison of fear. Fear of what? Of being finite. Weak. Limited. Of being less than perfect. And why do we want to be perfect? Because we believe its our destiny.

That's the fairy tale. That's it. Perfection. When is perfection not perfection? When it is peace. When you are at peace, perfection is like a mountain of gold. You don't want it or need it. You don't need or want anything. You are happy, and that's the end. Like those fairytales with Prince Charming slaying the dragon and sweeping the princess off to a glorious castle overlooking a brilliantly breath-taking mountain view complete with a lake and a glistening emerald forest, complemented by an enchanting symphony of bird song. Do you really need that? Would you trade your life for that? Would you trade this reality for that one?

Perfection is a whimsy that haunts those who are terrified of never being good enough. Perfection is a dream that tantalizes the hunter of broken hearts. And how can you ever hope to be content if you are forever presided over by an entity whose happiness is determined by everything but itself? If you admire a being whose satisfaction is found in control and purity?

That's what I call a fairytale. The quest for perfection, and the quest to serve in its name. Perfection will do nothing but rob you of meaning. Perfection is the thief in the night, the prize that is no prize. In the moment of your greatest satisfaction, you would lose every reason to be satisfied...for you must either sacrifice perfection, or you must sacrifice meaning. In fact, it seems that the more perfect you are, the more likely you will turn to the destruction of all inferior life forms...because that's all you have left to accomplish. Once you are perfect, all that's left is the elimination of everything imperfect. Sound like someone we've heard of?

That's why it is a fairytale. There is nothing to treasure in perfection. It is an illusion...and it will only lead to misery and destruction.

That's why.

posted on Aug, 16 2013 @ 03:55 PM
link   

How would it be possible for anyone to explain anything to you when you already know better? The chatting mind thinks it is so clever it will not allow listening to happen.

posted on Aug, 16 2013 @ 04:02 PM
link   

Remember when I said I would be pointedly ignoring you? Yeah. You clearly didn't believe me. That was me very pointedly ignoring you, and I am only addressing you now because I feel sorry that you are continually wasting energy on me when you could be blathering to some other much more interested party. Please consider it. In the mean time, I will resume ignoring your attempts to school me in the finer points of inane rhetoric. It's an incredibly boring, frustrating, and ultimately unrewarding expenditure of our time.

Have a good one.

posted on Aug, 16 2013 @ 04:04 PM
link   

Remember when I said I would be pointedly ignoring you? Yeah. You clearly didn't believe me. That was me very pointedly ignoring you, and I am only addressing you now because I feel sorry that you are continually wasting energy on me when you could be blathering to some other much more interested party. Please consider it.

Have a good one.

I said that you cannot control what appears - it appears that you could not ignore me.

posted on Aug, 16 2013 @ 06:06 PM
link   

reply to post by f4cgv2

What is the void? Where does it come from? What constitutes its nature? Why does that make it "god"? How is that a better definition than any other?

How simple is that? The VOID. VOID, dude. VACUUM. EMPTY SPACE. Infinite, empty space. It was there before the big bang, and will be there afterwards, when all matter is long gone.
Your sheepish rattling off foolish question only indicates that you don't want to listen.

You've made way too many assumptions right off the mark.

No way. And I have explained the big bang, too. The first idea of the infinite empty space was an infinitely small dot. That's it, in purely geometrical terms. Or, if you prefer numbers, they say, "Out of the zero came the ONE".

Can you make an actual picture depicting this? I'm having difficulty grasping what you're explaining, though I'd like to understand.

It's as simple as imagining an infinite empty vacuum, 13.7 billion years ago, where, apparently out of no reason, an infinitely small dot appears and expands. Welcome to big bang theory. Very simple and straightforward.

Explain this further. It's frustrating to see blank statements like this - blank statements being statements that are made without explanation. Explain it.

I cannot explain it further but ask you to remember Big Bang theory and perhaps "dark matter" which is no other but empty space, aka void, again. Infinite empty space is your "creator" of everything. There is no simpler and more elegant explanation.

Id. Ego. Superego. One more expression of the holy trinity. It is holy for a reason.

What are you putting in my mouth that I have NOT said? I have not said anything about Superego, except that Ego is a hindrance. All your thinking is a HINDRANCE to perceiving. You are not perceiving, you are interpreting, then putting over a smokescreen of thoughts of what you "SHOULD" see, and then deciding if that, what you actually SAW, is acceptable or not or needs further interpretation and thus, distraction from what is actually out there and what WAS perceived (but not appreciated).

Your chatter is highly interpreting and coloring whatever you perceive. Didn't you notice by now?
And you automatically feel offended or threatened whenever something new or unknown comes to you. Ask yourself: Why is it so? Why are you never learning something new, but always trying to interpret everything to the old standards that you have learned? Is it too hard to learn something new? Why does Ego always have to be buttressed?

No child feels offended or threatened whenever he sees or hears something new....

posted on Aug, 16 2013 @ 06:45 PM
link   
reply to post by f4cgv2

I disagree.

The Void you keep speaking of (imho) did not exist before the theoretical 'Big Bang'. Matter did not explode into an emptiness, the emptiness was created with the theoretical 'Big Bang'.

In fact, the empty space you're envisioning isn't all that empty when the theoretical and much more prevalent dark matter and dark energy are taken into account. What other theoretical 'stuff' composes 'empty space' is anyone's theoretical concept.

God is not-so-empty space, dark matter, dark energy, matter, anti-matter, you, me, all of the other sentient beings (alien or otherwise) and crazy little kitties as well.

(and that's just talking about this universe)

posted on Aug, 16 2013 @ 07:19 PM
link   

reply to post by greyer

Very limiting and fanciful, in my opinion. We're not talking the Barbie version of gods here.

No, we are talking about occult magic, and the possibility of the divine Christ, ye are gods. I would say that does not have limits.

posted on Aug, 17 2013 @ 01:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by masqua
reply to post by f4cgv2

I disagree.

The Void you keep speaking of (imho) did not exist before the theoretical 'Big Bang'. Matter did not explode into an emptiness, the emptiness was created with the theoretical 'Big Bang'.

How can nothing (emptiness, void) be created?

In the beginning there was nothing - there still is nothing but it appears. Emptiness is form.
This moment is not a thing - this existence is not a thing. Right now there is an appearance appearing, what is appearing now is seen now but it is constantly changing - the form is never formed - it is flowing like a river - a work in progress, which has no beginning or end.

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join