It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What a sick article from The New Yorker "civil forfeiture" you might want to read what is going on

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 09:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Happy1
reply to post by bloodreviara

Listen to yourselves - elites want a cashless society - and people to be fighting against eachother and authority figures.

We are so close to the end - it's not even funny.

We have become Mexico with its phoney police "bribery" laws.

Good thing they're going to pass amnesty soon.

This is just another brick in the wall, as far as they're concerned.

The gov't is going to come up with some whacked out plan to confiscate gold and silver - you just wait and see.
edit on 10-8-2013 by Happy1 because: (no reason given)

Star for you happy1. In my earlier post I pointed out some aspects of the current police function while on duty, but your post made me ponder on the aspects you brought up. What you have proposed is a scenario that my older brother has been saying since the early 1980s. I took his words, back then, with a grain of salt, but after all these years, I have been coming around to this CT that my black sheep, crazy, loner of a brother has been saying all this time. You echo this thought clearly into my mind.

I'd have to say, after some consideration of your post, that the TPTB must be setting up a cashless system. Why else, besides revenue (the aspect of my previous post), would the Po Po want to take your money from you simply because you are carrying cash? It certainly flies in the face of the intention and spirit of the law and our commonly held rights.

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 12:20 AM
link   
kkrattiger... heres my 2 cents and you can keep the change!

"email your elected officials & council members"

...you're out of your mind and suffer from a form of Stockholm Syndrome, you can't whitewash this, you sound like the last guy!

"This way of showing disgust is not participating in the push for change"

...thats right "change you can believe in" or is that "chains"? Now was that by BARRY SOETORO or HARRISON J BURNELL?

"The [apathy intrinsic] in posts such as yours shows that there's no [REAL will to stand up for your rights]"

...thats golden, I love it! I will lay down my life for my neighbor as long as they don't play the fool, and no REAL will to stand up for my rights? Do you know what JUSTIFIED CIVIL DISOBEDIENCE is? You should try it some time! Otherwise... take a seat!!!

"In my opinion it is not an article of researched and referenced journalism but an inflammatory blog post lacking facts & examples"

...LOL, what like FOX, CBC, ABC, CNN? I support my findings by cross-referencing the information before I post it, people like you come along with dribble like... photoshop, sundog, or inflammatory blog post.

"To generalize lawyers and judges as you have by letting such a blog post form the jist of your post, is disengenuous at most & lazy at best"

...Do your own homework! It will cost ya $1.50 at the library for a library card

In my honest opinion, you are a liability to the people around you!

P.S. lets do coffee sometime, I'll bring my library card

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 07:10 AM
link   
Unless there is a criminal charge or a court order to preempt a drug dealer or other criminal from disposing of "ill gotten gains" then there is a violation of "due process" under the law. Besides an inanimate object (house or car) can not be guilty of having criminal intent so the only rationale is to punish a criminal (unless it can be proven that the property was purchased with the proceeds of criminal activity; ergo, grandma's house that was paid for before her grandson was born should not lose her house if her grandson lived with her and sold drugs...same with a "john's" car used to solicit a prostitute). Civil Forfeiture is clearly an abused procedure.

Remedies: 1) Take away the incentive for seizing jurisdictions who share in the booty (sorry for your budgets LE but you can thank the "shakedowns" in Tenaha, Texas and elsewhere for that one). 2) Require that criminal charges be filed before civil forfeitures can be held for more than 72 hrs. 3) Make seizing jurisdictions liable for loses from the seizure if it was deemed unnecessary (ie, from taking someone's cash where they were going to make a purchase and afterward they cannot take advantage of it: loses of the trip and the potential opportunity cost).

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 09:35 AM
link   
reply to post by CosmicCitizen

wow, you need to re-assess things,

once the taste of Sheriff of Nottingham has gotten out.

it will become actual Mexico style shake downs... "what money, I didn't take his money"...

if you try and take on small town corruption.. be prepared to drive in an unknown car with tinted windows or disguise..

all these corrupt cops hangout together!! when there are the combined dept training programs.(these are like little summer camps socially).. that corrupt cop has buddies at DNR (wildlife resources), a buddy who has a highway patrol beat a county or two away, a pal that works in the neighboring PD, etc.

when you don't fathom how cliquish many LEO's are you don't see the big picture..

we are in all effects living under a Nazi/Stalinist/Mao type regime..

as the economy gets worse.... the lines to join an evermore abusive police force will just get longer..

all tyranny needs is 10% of a population... you don't think the cops already fit that bill?

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 09:41 AM
link   
reply to post by HanzHenry

most of these scum with badges are nothing more than folks that were more than likely picked on in high school and are out to get people back. They get a badge and start to power trip.

EFF THE POLICE!

I'm glad that I'm a graffiti writer.

RESOE muh fu****, CSG GTA crew.

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 09:49 AM
link   
The reason these things are not addressed by the establishment (the courts and municipalities) when they do arise, is that they would have to expose themselves as the frauds they truly are, and the public would lose faith in the system and stop supporting the system.

T'would work the same way with the banking industry, and nearly every other business and industry in existence, religion too, OMG!.

Everything is an act of faith, belief, and a lot of time outright lies.

Crap.

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 10:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by MyHappyDogShiner
The reason these things are not addressed by the establishment (the courts and municipalities) when they do arise, is that they would have to expose themselves as the frauds they truly are, and the public would lose faith in the system and stop supporting the system.

T'would work the same way with the banking industry, and nearly every other business and industry in existence, religion too, OMG!.

Everything is an act of faith, belief, and a lot of time outright lies.

Crap.

like the phrase in the old TOOL song "I know the pieces fit"

Take a break, grab your headphones..

SCHISM

edit on 13-8-2013 by HanzHenry because: wrong spot insert

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join