It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Manifesting Thoughts and The Illusion of Reality

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 05:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by NiNjABackflip
reply to post by sled735

It could be possible, I suppose, if the entire group meditated on it every day.

But, IMO, there are other things that have to be taken into consideration, at least with my personal beliefs.

If person believes in reincarnation, then they could have chosen those struggles to learn a certain lesson in this lifetime.
There are many things to consider as to why we are where we are in life. But, I do strongly believe in the power of the mind to create the outcome we seek.
Maybe this is why they are in that situation; to learn how to use the power of their mind?

I'm quite sceptical of your ideas here, and I think that reducing poverty, famine, war, torture, etc. to "negative thoughts" is very dangerous, if not outright deceptive. It makes the victim responsible for the crimes committed against them, and absolves the criminals of such crimes of any wrong doing. When someone is raped it isn't because of their negative thought vibrations.

That is my opinion at least.
I think it is exactly because of negative vibrations. It is impossible for bad to come into your life if you are on a good vibration. Whatever you focus on will eventually come to you. So the trick is not to fear anything, and try to be happy all the time. I truly believe we were put on this earth to have an amazing time. It doesn't make sense to be any other way. The Law Of Attraction strikes a very resonant chord with me. Of course there are difficult questions. What about babies that are born with defects? Innocent molested children? These souls are too young to have been infected with negativity so how is it possible that they suffer? If somebody could come up with a reasonable answer to that question I'd be a full convert to The Secret.

posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 06:11 PM
link   
this whole strand of thought is very profound.

It creates the possibility that YOU the reader are the only person that really exists(in consciousness).
Everything around you is your own creation, created by you(the singularity that is God) to be able to experience separation from self and to subjectively interact with others that are also simply expressions of yourself. The universe in a material sense doesnt and has never existed.
Why does the universe exist? Because to be the singularity called God can be damn lonely, so its a construct
that creates the illusion of many. Sure beats talking to yourself.

Now Im sure I may not have explained that concept very well, but I think its a very profound idea.
It means YOU are the center of the universe, and it means YOU are GOD. Everything else is illusion.

posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 07:27 PM
link   
At the risk of going all "Reading Rainbow" on you, there are the books of.....
James Allen
William Walker Atkinson
Charles Fillmore
Emmet Fox
Neville Goddard (a personal favorite)
Charles F. Haanel
Napoleon Hill
Ernest Holmes
Max Freedom Long
Joseph Murphy (another personal favorite)
Wallace Wattles
And amazingly these were all writers from the early 19th century and on (I think).

posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 07:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by NiNjABackflip
reply to post by sled735

This thread is about LEARNING to use the power of the mind to manifest your desires.

Is there any example outside of the realm of coincidence that you could provide that may help the uninitiated to understand what powers of the mind you and others are speaking about in this thread?

Most of what I've read here can can be chalked up to mere coincidence, and something that is looked at in retrospect as something special. I don't see how thinking about a few incidences of coincidence as the universe synchronizing with anyone's thoughts. What about the rest of the time when the universe is indifferent?

It really sounds cool, but coincidentally, or maybe even synchronistically, it sounds like a farce these folks are using to sell merchandise and to sound profound. What am I missing here?

You need to research reincarnation. That will provide your answers.

Oh, and there is no such thing as coincidence. We planned all the important events of our life before we were ever born.
I'm sure this sounds like a bunch of hogwash to you if you know nothing about reincarnation, but as I said, research it. You'll have your eyes opened, hopefully.

posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 08:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by IBelieveInAliens
What about babies that are born with defects? Innocent molested children? These souls are too young to have been infected with negativity so how is it possible that they suffer? If somebody could come up with a reasonable answer to that question I'd be a full convert to The Secret.

Again, this could be answered by researching reincarnation.

Sometimes the soul chooses these bad circumstances to learn a particular lesson, and sometimes it is a very advanced soul who chooses to be born with birth defects, mental handicaps, victimized children, etc. to help their parents learn a certain lesson.

Look into it. So many of the questions we ask as to how God could allow this are all answered.

posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 08:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by OneManArmy
this whole strand of thought is very profound.

It creates the possibility that YOU the reader are the only person that really exists(in consciousness).
Everything around you is your own creation, created by you(the singularity that is God) to be able to experience separation from self and to subjectively interact with others that are also simply expressions of yourself. The universe in a material sense doesnt and has never existed.
Why does the universe exist? Because to be the singularity called God can be damn lonely, so its a construct
that creates the illusion of many. Sure beats talking to yourself.

Now Im sure I may not have explained that concept very well, but I think its a very profound idea.
It means YOU are the center of the universe, and it means YOU are GOD. Everything else is illusion.

I see what you are saying.

As an example, imagine God as a big shiny sphere. He created people by shooting a small spark of himself into each of us. That's why the Bible says we are his children. We each have this spark of God in our heart.
And that also is why some "New Age" people profess to be God. Because they are... but only a small spark of the whole.

posted on Aug, 11 2013 @ 12:30 AM
link   
It's nice to be reminded of what I ought to be doing.

Thank you for your post.

posted on Aug, 11 2013 @ 10:09 AM
link   
reply to post by sled735

It could be possible, I suppose, if the entire group meditated on it every day.

There are many things to consider as to why we are where we are in life. But, I do strongly believe in the power of the mind to create the outcome we seek. Maybe this is why they are in that situation; to learn how to use the power of their mind?

Manifestation of thoughts happens through action of others. not magically appear.

If you were to trace what you believe you manifested you would find it is not you alone but a group thought with some thinking and some doing.

A whole starving village will starve to death if the whole tribe meditate and focus on this daily without action.

Outside influence also plays a part, one can speculate on what that outside influence might be.

Yes, there are many to consider and it seems many of those have fallen of your radar if you think a starving tribe in Africa is in that situation for some type of karmic balance or lesson.

Thinking in these terms (trying to work out why others lives are as they are) using the power of attraction is quite ignorant in my opinion.

You know whats in your head, not whats in others.

To try and explain a persons situation in such a simplified way could be seen as insulting to humans and their complexity.

posted on Aug, 11 2013 @ 10:22 AM
link   
reply to post by IBelieveInAliens

It is impossible for bad to come into your life if you are on a good vibration.

I wish it was that simple.

What would be bad in your opinion and how would you feel if you were on a good vibe?

What about babies that are born with defects? Innocent molested children? These souls are too young to have been infected with negativity so how is it possible that they suffer?

Souls or Babies/children?

Do you think a child has a young soul and adult an older soul?

posted on Mar, 25 2014 @ 07:51 PM
link   
Be gentle everyone. This is my first post. And this post might belong elsewhere, like in Sled's Paranormal stories thread.

I AM extremely grateful for this site and in particular these discussions of REALITY, PARANORMAL, ALIEN and other related subjects. I have always felt quite alone with my experiences and I am delighted to learn that there are so many others here who experience things that are strange. My sweet, prince-of-a-husband is my sounding board and on some occasions has participated in some of my "trippy" experiences.

Relating to the subject of this thread, I have found that in each and every experience I have ever had where I've manifested something or where reality changes to something unimaginable, there are two things that happen. 1. There is absolutely no fear present. 2. There is no expectation of a particular result. Allow me to illustrate with one of my experiences.

LUCY THE PIT BULL

Lucy was a neighborhood dog, chained to her dog house in the back yard of a neighbor of mine. If Lucy would break her chain, she would terrorize the neighborhood by jumping backyard fences and killing cats. She attacked my walking partner one day and my German Shepherd had to stop the attack. In short, Lucy was a terror.

One day I was walking with my walking partner, Sandy, and at the end of our walk Sandy went to her house (next door to Lucy's house) and I continued on about 50 yards to my driveway and little cottage. As I was walking down my driveway, suddenly I heard Mindy (Lucy's owner) screaming and shrieking my name. She kept screaming, "Kim LOOK OUT, LOOK OUT!" She was screaming other things and was utterly panicked. At that moment, I turned toward where she lived to see Lucy loose, dragging her chain behind her, and coming straight for me. I don't know which came first - the slowing of time or my strange reaction to what seemed to be a dangerous situation. Lucy was on a full-out run for ME! As I turned around I saw Lucy approaching but had absolutely no reaction at all, and no fear whatsoever. This didn't SEEM like a conscious choice to be so nonchalant about the entire situation. But I was completely without fear. I was simply observing Lucy running toward me. I made no effort to run because it simply didn't occur to me to run. I simply observed. By this time, Lucy was quite close to me in a full-out run but in slow-motion as time had slowed down. Lucy leaped up in the air to attack me. At the apex of her leap and only now a few feet away from me, she suddenly hit this invisible wall and slid down this invisible wall hitting the ground quite hard. Now, time sped up to normal, and Lucy began yipping and yelping as though she was injured and ran with her tail between her legs back to her house. Lucy passed her owner as she ran home and the owner, Mindy, was running as fast as she could in my direction, still screaming concerns for my safety. When Mindy reached me, she was out of breath, extremely shaken, and asked me if I was okay. Well, I was fine. Mindy saw Lucy jump into the air and then she told me she didn't know what happened. We talked a little bit. I certainly didn't tell her Lucy hit an invisible wall.

Now, I know this sounds like it couldn't have happened this way and as my first post here you probably think I am a real nut case. But I swear that this is exactly what happened. When Lucy hit the invisible wall, it looked more like something that would happen in a cartoon.

The thing that I always wonder when things like this happen to me is why I have no fear when I clearly should be fearful. The other things is that I did not consciously manifest an invisible wall to stop Lucy, unless on some totally unconscious level I did. I really take no credit for what happened here but it is a mystery to me. It does make me think that we, as humans have untapped power. Or maybe there was a playful angel who knew I would get a kick out of the ingenious way that Lucy was stopped from attacking.

One thing I will say is that I DID appear to just go with the flow instead of going into fear. Again, it didn't feel as though I made a choice in the matter, it just sort of happened.

posted on Mar, 26 2014 @ 07:30 AM
link   

VeronicasWhisper
Be gentle everyone. This is my first post. And this post might belong elsewhere, like in Sled's Paranormal stories thread.

LUCY THE PIT BULL

I made no effort to run because it simply didn't occur to me to run. I simply observed. By this time, Lucy was quite close to me in a full-out run but in slow-motion as time had slowed down. Lucy leaped up in the air to attack me. At the apex of her leap and only now a few feet away from me, she suddenly hit this invisible wall and slid down this invisible wall hitting the ground quite hard. Now, time sped up to normal, and Lucy began yipping and yelping as though she was injured and ran with her tail between her legs back to her house.

The thing that I always wonder when things like this happen to me is why I have no fear when I clearly should be fearful. The other things is that I did not consciously manifest an invisible wall to stop Lucy, unless on some totally unconscious level I did. I really take no credit for what happened here but it is a mystery to me. It does make me think that we, as humans have untapped power. Or maybe there was a playful angel who knew I would get a kick out of the ingenious way that Lucy was stopped from attacking.

WOW!! Awesome!
I think there may be some quantum physics at play here. The "time slowing down" is a description I hear a lot in cases like this.
I've had a few of those myself. It is a very strange feeling.
I don't know what causes it; if it's our own mind power, or the angels controlling things to protect us, but it DOES happen.
I believe you.

Although I'm a huge animal lover, that's funny about the dog.
I bet he'll think twice before coming after you again. Ha!

Thank you for sharing this awesome story with us.

posted on Mar, 26 2014 @ 08:47 AM
link   

sled735

I think there may be some quantum physics at play here.

The scientific basis for the Law of Attraction comes from a little particle called the quanta. To me manifestation is very real, and probably beyond quantum theory.

My belief is that all thoughts are connected, there is this huge flow of thought particles "quanta" that creates our universe. If you think of a crazy ideal, your not the only one materializing those thoughts. We are all connected through this mass consciousness quanta like particle.

It is weird how manifestation works, even in our time frame.... it is there if you need it, or aware of it. For me manifestation only achieves a goal...whether it's good or bad.

edit on 26-3-2014 by imitator because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2014 @ 06:42 AM
link   
Great post s&f I'm looking for as much info as possible regarding what u have posted. Also would appreciate help tbh and also links to otherinformative threads if no one minds.
Please and cheers.

posted on Apr, 5 2014 @ 12:36 PM
link   

jazz10
Great post s&f I'm looking for as much info as possible regarding what u have posted. Also would appreciate help tbh and also links to other informative threads if no one minds.
Please and cheers.

What does tbh stand for? I'm not up to speed with all the shortcut phrases used in texting.

Are you just wanting info on this subject?

posted on Apr, 5 2014 @ 01:22 PM
link   
reply to post by sled735

I think that means "to be honest"

edit on 5-4-2014 by tanda7 because: reword

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join