It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Introductory Greeting.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2013 @ 04:03 AM
link   
I've been watching this site for a few years on and off -- and as the world seems to get more confused and wayward with each passing day, it has become more and more refreshing and even comforting to hear the voices of sane and reasonable Americans, whose thoughts and demeanour are so at variance with their "political masters."

I don't want to say much about myself -- have you ever had the feeling someone was listening? Suffice it to say that I believe awareness is vital to the survival of what freedom we have left, and our best tool for establishing the society we want.
Since this site has made me aware of much that was hitherto going unnoticed, I feel the need to participate.

Unfortunately the "Neocons" of both the UK and USA make so much noise, that the silent majority seems to go unnoticed. I think it was Jimmy Carter who said that we need to turn off the TV, stand out on the doorstep and talk to our neighbour.

"Hello neighbour..."

mistersmith.

posted on Aug, 9 2013 @ 05:48 AM
link   
reply to post by mistersmith

Hello mistersmith.

Welcome to ATS!

posted on Aug, 9 2013 @ 05:58 AM
link   

Hello, neighbour.

Funny times, aren't these? Once upon a time, we believed the common sense of ordinary people, living their lives, was something way BENEATH the genius it takes to run countries. Sadly, we seem to find ourselves in a time where we realize that common sense if far ABOVE the machinations that are running countries, both here in the Western hemisphere and in the EU.

Therefore I welcome you, and encourage you to share your voice. LOUDLY, recklessly, and honestly. For the good of the world. Thank you already in advance for doing so.

PEace!

posted on Aug, 9 2013 @ 06:48 AM
link   

Nice intro !

Individuality. The Powers that are have been working on this diversion for decades. No need to talk, just text your wife while you're sitting in front of her at the restaurant...

Looking forward to seeing your views on the boards !

Welcome to ATS !!

posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 03:29 AM
link   
Thanks for the welcome all, Tridentblue - you remind me that a poet, was it Adrian Henry perhaps, once said the country should be run by schoolgirls. I think there's more wisdom there than initially meets the eye!

I used to blame politicians and prelates for the ills of the world, then I decided that the artists were really to blame, since their job is to refresh the collective soul of the people.
Then - reading the work of John Ruskin, I realised that I was an artist.

Heigh Ho.

mistersmith.

posted on Aug, 11 2013 @ 01:03 AM
link   
Hello & Welcome... a tangled web, yes? sponge it up & enjoy your stay.

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 04:43 AM
link   
reply to post by UriahsAsylum

Thanks, yes -- tangled indeed.

Like yourself, I live inside my head, but I aim to get out more in future....

mistersmith.

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 05:06 AM
link   
Howdie neighbour... and a hearty welcome to ATS!

Wonderful opening post - I'm looking forward to reading more.

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 12:23 PM
link   
reply to post by shimmeringsilver73

Thank you -- I've always liked that idea of Mr Carter's-- doorsteps are such a good place to start.
And television steals so much of our lives.

Years ago I was walking through a nearby city with an old friend, and she paused and showed me a large stone built into the bottom of a wall beside the road. The area had been comprehensively flattened, streets had vanished, and beyond the wall was a huge windswept car park.
Pointing to the stone, she explained that this was the street she used to live in, and that stone was all that remained of her house.
It was her doorstep.

mistersmith.

top topics

join