It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why so much hatred towards Pagans?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 04:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by GargIndia
reply to post by Itisnowagain

No my friend, you are taken in by false beliefs.

God is Not father of humans. God is neither male nor female and has no children.

Humans think they are masters of Universe as they are "children" of God. This is wrong.

The earth sustains other species just as it sustains humans. Humans are just another species.

There is only one difference between humans and animals, God has given humans much higher cognition and intellect, as humans are the only species in which there is a possibility to understand God and to progress through elevation of soul. However God is never found in materialistic objects. You will never know God by going to a temple, church or masjid.

"Rama" and "Krishna" are not "God" as God never takes birth on any planet.
Jesus in not son of God as God has no children.
Mohamed is not God's messenger as God does not send any messenger. God has no need as He can achieve anything directly through boundless powers.

Humans have taken the wrong path in this age (called "Kaliyuga" in Sanskrit, age of machines, dark age).
Humans have forgotten the path of Yogis and have taken on a path of mindless materialism, a path of destruction.

I fail to see how your reply is replying to what I wrote.

Originally posted by Itisnowagain
The mind cannot see. The eyes see what is here to see and what is to see is the Glory of God - God made visible.
God is what is seeing the image that is made of God.
There is only what is present.
Presence is the one and only. It consists of the unseen presence and the seen presence. The Father and son are one.

I did not say anything about humans or children, males or females. I did not say humans are the masters of the universe.
I really don't see how you got all this from what I wrote. If you think I am wrong that is fine but please don't put words in my mouth.

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 04:55 AM
link   
reply to post by mistersmith

It is more like a drop of water is seeking the ocean. The drop of water is the ocean but it does not realize.
The ocean is waving and the waves seek the ocean - they do not realize that they are the ocean waving.

You are the ocean waving.

An alternative way of saying 'I am a soul with a body' is 'I am the ocean with waves'.
The waves do not have an ocean as there would be no waves appearing if there was no ocean.

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 12:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Itisnowagain

Yes, your metaphor is purer than mine, and says it more neatly.
But I needed my whale because a drop of water with an ego is not an easy image, (whereas a philosophical whale --).

I'll get my coat......

mistersmith.

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 02:22 PM
link   
reply to post by dollukka

Even the Adam and Eve story is linked to Paganism. It has been said that the original story was Norse in origin, and taken and used at the preface of the Bible, to help convert those in the Norse regions then.

I have no issue with any religion at all. However, religion is a method, time tested and true, to control the masses. And it works.

I do believe we have a Creator. What his/her/its name is, doesn't matter a whit to me. One can be very spiritual without believing in a particular religion.

Great discussion OP!
I like discussions that don't end up in flame wars. Peace.

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 09:22 PM
link   
reply to post by SweetKarma

This is what I said earlier. The established religions have borrowed heavily from earlier pagan religions.

However pagan religions are dangerous no doubt, as animal and human sacrifices brings the worst in men.

Paganism is about achieving power and money through rituals. The purpose of seeking God is not seeking money and power. So paganism is opposite of spirituality, what we call "rakshas" or demonic.

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 10:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by mistersmith

Are you a body with a soul, or a soul with a body?

I'd be interested to hear your thoughts on that ...

mistersmith.

I'm a soul with a body. I believe the soul is anchored in something much bigger, and the body is just a vehicle along for the ride until it gives out. What the purpose of that arrangement is, I couldn't really say. Perhaps to limit perceptions, perhaps to allow for different perceptions and experiences.

If there is a lesson to be learned from it, I suppose one day we will all learn it.

Whether we're right or wrong is immaterial to anyone else, because each has to find his own path, and it's not anyone's place to force them to march along a path not meant for them.Discussions are fine - that's how ideas are distributed and evaluated - but the instant force is applied, it's a whole new ball game, and one that never turns out well.

edit on 2013/8/12 by nenothtu because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 03:40 AM
link   
reply to post by nenothtu

Thank you. Yes - I guessed we had some common ground.
Soul with a body, body with a soul, the more I compare those two phrases, the wider and deeper the chasm between them grows.
We are talking of our true home when we say these words -- and whether we relate primarily to the physical, or non-physical world.

Your feelings regarding discussion also mirror my own somewhat.
Reality is such a conundrum that my best efforts to explain it to myself will always result in over-simplified parables generally useful only to myself.
What resounding hubris it would be, therefore, for me to say my parables were superior to anyone else's.
(If you infer from this that I find much unintentional humour amongst the posts, I can't deny it...).

As a newcomer, I feel it would be good practice if I refrain from any criticism of posts with which I disagree.
Others too, have their parables.

mistersmith.

posted on Aug, 15 2013 @ 01:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by nenothtu

Originally posted by mistersmith

Are you a body with a soul, or a soul with a body?

I'd be interested to hear your thoughts on that ...

mistersmith.

I'm a soul with a body. I believe the soul is anchored in something much bigger, and the body is just a vehicle along for the ride until it gives out. What the purpose of that arrangement is, I couldn't really say. Perhaps to limit perceptions, perhaps to allow for different perceptions and experiences.

If there is a lesson to be learned from it, I suppose one day we will all learn it.

Whether we're right or wrong is immaterial to anyone else, because each has to find his own path, and it's not anyone's place to force them to march along a path not meant for them.Discussions are fine - that's how ideas are distributed and evaluated - but the instant force is applied, it's a whole new ball game, and one that never turns out well.

edit on 2013/8/12 by nenothtu because: (no reason given)

...or it could all just go black. I'm not sure if that's a good or bad thing, to be honest. I think that if we can remove ourselves from this "we're better than everything else" mentality, and think about where we believe animals and insects to go when they die, we could probably get closer to the truth without relying on scripture.

So the real question is, which do you fear more? Burning in hell for all eternity or ceasing to exist?

posted on Aug, 15 2013 @ 02:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Schillinger

Reflecting on the nature of Heaven as revealed in scripture Schillinger, I personally find the prospect of eternal nothing increasingly attractive.

With Christianity, a question arises. If a person who has lived a good life, dies without hearing and accepting the gospel of salvation - will they go to Heaven or Hell?

There may be those who assume the latter, preferring a capricious and sadistic deity to anything smacking of liberalism. After all, Jehovah began his career as a tribal war-god, and makes various claims as to his unchanging nature. Any expectation of leniency from one who engineered the genocidal invasion of Caanan (see Joshua chapters 6 to 10) must surely reflect the triumph of wishful thinking over biblical evidence.

But wait -- surely no god of mercy and justice would consign innocent souls to eternal torment simply because the missionary's boat had been blown off course by an unfortunate bout of wind, or their purpose thwarted by a spot of visa trouble? Should any facet of Christianity feel that this was justifiable on the part of the Almighty, I think I can dispense with them, their opinions, and their god.

However, should the former be the case, we find Christianity in even deeper trouble. Who then could preach the gospel to those who had not heard it, when by so doing they were putting innocent people in danger of spending eternity in hell .... such interference is surely unforgivable.
Why not leave them where they are already - on the road to heaven?

Or to put it another way, there are some very compelling reasons why Christians should be seen, and not heard.
"By their works ye shall know them."

mistersmith.

posted on Aug, 15 2013 @ 03:07 AM
link   
reply to post by mistersmith

This is one of the main reasons why I've abandoned all religion. There are loop holes in every scripture. Something made the universe and whatever that is should be called God, in my opinion. There is no doubt the universe exists and something created it. And most times, keeping it simple works.

I do subscribe to some aspects of the good books though. Do unto others and all that. Seems like solid ideals to live by. If God condemns me to hell for questioning plot holes, then so be it I guess.

posted on Aug, 15 2013 @ 08:54 AM
link   

I agree.
Wouldn't it be a sensitive and thoughtful move by those who worship Jehovah if they were to refer to him by name, rather than projecting their peculiar idea that theirs is the only god, upon those who recognise that hundreds of gods exist. It would be an act of loving compassion for their brethren, for them to cease acting as if there had only ever been one god in the world.

It might also make some believers more familiar with the nature of the god they actually worship -- many of them are peace-loving folk who haven't quite seen the anomaly inherent in worshipping a tribal war-god.
I'm tempted to quote Paul ... "Whom ye ignorantly worship, Him declare I unto you."

As you say, some bits of scripture are quite useful at times.

mistersmith.

posted on Aug, 18 2013 @ 10:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Schillinger

So the real question is, which do you fear more? Burning in hell for all eternity or ceasing to exist?

Neither.

Death is inevitable for us all, as is whatever comes after. There is no point in fearing the inevitable - one would only live in a state of perpetual fear, waiting on the inevitable shoe to drop, knowing he can do nothing about it at all.

That sort of fear is irrational.

It's coming for us all. Just prepare to embrace it, whatever it is.

posted on Aug, 18 2013 @ 10:28 PM
link   

"Burning in hell for all eternity" is not possible.

The punishment a soul can receive is finite, and corresponds to the sins committed.

It does not matter if you believe in God or not. The God's laws are equally applicable to all humans. Ignorance of God does not grant you an "exemption certificate".

People who think they are "religious" are committing countless sins, as the religions they are following are not in accordance with God's laws.

People who think they are "atheist" may be better than "religious" sometimes as they may be following God's laws in ignorance.

God never asks anybody to go to a specific place of worship or to follow a specific religion. Religions are created by men, often out of ignorance and greed.

posted on Aug, 19 2013 @ 12:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by nenothtu

Originally posted by Schillinger

Neither.

Death is inevitable for us all, as is whatever comes after. There is no point in fearing the inevitable - one would only live in a state of perpetual fear, waiting on the inevitable shoe to drop, knowing he can do nothing about it at all.

That sort of fear is irrational.

It's coming for us all. Just prepare to embrace it, whatever it is.

I've learned over the years that it's best to both live well and, when the time comes, die well. In those last moments, I think, those are what defines the man departing this world. Wherever it takes us, paradise or a cold black unending, I think the legacy of the man is the only thing that survives. Man should never bow to no other but God, whatever you choose to believe that to be.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join